• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Bull Destiny Code Giveaway

I have started a spreadsheet for those in need of Red Bull Destiny codes and for the benefactors that are giving them away: Destiny GAF Red Bull Giveaway List

Simple rules if you want a free code and can't get one for whatever reason:
1. Limit to one per NeoGAF ID.
2. Quote/Reply to this post.
3. Codes will be given in signup order. First come, first served.
4. No guarantees that everyone on the list will get a code.
5. Signup will stay open as long as there are still benefactors giving away codes.
6. Rules are subject to change based on feedback from recipients and benefactors.

You can find out more about this Red Bull promotion and redeem the codes at: Red Bull Quest web site.

For the benefactors who will be giving codes away, please Private Message me with your email and I will give you "edit" access to the Spreadsheet so you can "check-off" who you've given a code to and when. To be fair, please giveaway codes in chronological order and edit the spreadsheet as soon as you send the code.

Looking for one please. No 7-11 within 100 miles of me.

You're talking about a 1 out of 10 scenario. 90% chance you'll be rocketed instead.

Odds are better in your favor to use G&H.
Well I did say it's a huge gamble, lol. But when it pays off...

And I would say it's about 50% of the time for me. I have excellent awareness and no where to not be.

But really I die most of the time before I even get heavy. That's more like 90%, haha. Always a couple of assholes waiting to super the heavy spawn.

Edit: yeah I mostly play 3v3 too. I'd say it works way better in that actually. Less rockets flying around. I use the random people I match with as bait. Once all three people on the other team go down, it's on.

Trials is the exception of course. Rockets always.

Gala

Since I'm kinda hooked on PvP now and I'm set with sniper and shotgun as special weapons, what heavy machine gun and/or rocket launcher should I get?

SgtCobra

I have started a spreadsheet for those in need of Red Bull Destiny codes and for the benefactors that are giving them away: Destiny GAF Red Bull Giveaway List

5. Signup will stay open as long as there are still benefactors giving away codes.
6. Rules are subject to change based on feedback from recipients and benefactors.

You can find out more about this Red Bull promotion and redeem the codes at: Red Bull Quest web site.

For the benefactors who will be giving codes away, please Private Message me with your email and I will give you "edit" access to the Spreadsheet so you can "check-off" who you've given a code to and when. To be fair, please giveaway codes in chronological order and edit the spreadsheet as soon as you send the code.
Nice, this is good for us non US players. I'd like to get in please.

Edit: thanks man :)

zewone

Since I'm kinda hooked on PvP now and I'm set with sniper and shotgun as special weapons, what heavy machine gun and/or rocket launcher should I get?
Matador 64
Party Crasher +1
Her Benevolence
Low Grade Humility
Tomorrow's Answer
Ash Factory

MG- BTRD

RL- Ash Factory or Tomorrow's Answer. AF is better, but TA already comes with the perks.

HigXx

Id love to sign up! Thanks for helping us non-Americans

SkylineRKR

I can't see how Jolder is still worth it. Casket Mag is on my BTRD and it only adds like 7 bullets. If that what it does to JH then its pretty shitty.

Glad I still have an old school JH. Was a great asset in Nightfall as well since its Solar roll.

Thanks for the answers. So where do I get those weapons and what perks should they have?

BTRD and Ash Factory are Crucible drops.
Tomorrow's Answer is a Trials weapon. It was just sold so you'll have to get lucky.

In terms of perks:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/comments/39xtdh/machine_guns_reforging/
https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePl...ouse_of_wolves_rocket_launcher_reforge_guide/

Grenades and Horseshoes is a must on the RLs.

If you need a RL quick, the one sold by Dead Orbit is pretty good as sold.

Gala

BTRD and Ash Factory are Crucible drops.
Tomorrow's Answer is a Trials weapon. It was just sold so you'll have to get lucky.

In terms of perks:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePl...ouse_of_wolves_rocket_launcher_reforge_guide/

Grenades and Horseshoes is a must.

If you need a RL quick, the one sold by Dead Orbit is pretty good as sold.

Cool, thanks for the link. Guess I'll get the Dead Orbit one next week when I have 150 marks and hope for drops in IB and Trials this week.

I am no where near a 7/11 and would like to get access to that upcoming mission. :D

M3Rocket

Rocket always coming through :]
Actually skip me. I could get a code if I really wanted one. I should be on the other side of the ledger.

I can't carry GAFfers to Mercury, but this I can do. LoL! Let me know if you want to be a benefactor.

Would love to get a code if available as i have no 7/11 stores anywhere in the area.
Thanks for the awesome giveaway for us poor non-americans :) (did I do it right or do I have to sign up on the list as well?)
Please and Thanks to all the kind GAFers for this. You guys and gals are the true champs.
Looking for one please. No 7-11 within 100 miles of me.
Nice, this is good for us non US players. I'd like to get in please.

Edit: thanks man :)
Can I get a code plz. No 7-11 nearby.

Alright--you are the first six and will be guaranteed a code since I have those cans in hand. Not sure I can drink six cans today though, so I'll get you your code in the next two or three days. Or some other benefactor may get it to you even sooner.

Thanks for the answers. So where do I get those weapons and what perks should they have?

BTRD and Ash Factory both drop in the Crucible. Tomorrow's Answer is from ToO.

For a RL you want:

Warhead Verniers or Hard Launch
Tripod or Clown Cartridge
Javelin
Grenades and Horseshoes or Tracking

MG are generally whatever for perks, there are really no must have perks for a mg in pvp.

My current BTRD has: Aggressive Ballistics/Hidden Hand/Rangefinder/Single Point Sling

Deku Tree

I can't carry GAFfers to Mercury, but this I can do. LoL! Let me know if you want to be a benefactor.

Alright--you are the first six and will be guaranteed a code since I have those cans in hand. Not sure I can drink six cans today though, so I'll get you your code in the next two or three days. Or some other benefactor may get it to you even sooner.

Got a code just now... so Please withdraw me from the Red Bull Destiny Code Giveaway if you already added me.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Not sure I can drink six cans today though, so I'll get you your code in the next two or three days.

Weak ;)

qRZvB0v.jpg

Tryin to put the team on my back right now <3

Gala

Thank you very much! Really appreciate it :)

ethomaz

Banned
No. One G&H rocket and your LMG spree dreams are crushed. Doesn't even matter if you kill the RL user as well, the RL will always kill you.
Just don't get killed by RL lol

LMG is better for normal Crucible... only Trials I choose RL.

Alucrid

Banned
holy fucking shit. i never thought perks on a gun would make much of a difference, but Her Benevolence with Shortgaze, Hidden Hand, Injection Mold and Unflinching is amazing. it's so easy to get headshots with it. predyths is going into the trash

ich00

Pretty much. A Radegast Fury with the right rolls shits all over any machinegun when in a direct encounter.

RL's are going to beat anything in a 1v1 encounter. However if I stay back while all those rockets are flying over the screen and being used up, I can go on nice streak's now that all the heavy is used up.

That being said RL's are the way to go in Trails.

SkylineRKR

Just don't get killed by RL lol

LMG is better for normal Crucible... only Trials I choose RL.

If I play smart I can easily get Iron Wrath bounty with LMG. I just wait it out somewhat, rockets won't last.

Rockets are assured kills, but mostly 3 or 4 tops. Unless I'm lucky and hit a few splash damages.

Thanks for this. No 7-11s anywhere near close to me. Please add me to the list.

thechemist

I don't post here much but I do lurk around! Would be great if I could get a code, however I am based in the UK.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Anyone need one more for a raid run? Haven't done either this week. PSN is monsterfracas_ (PS4)

Put me in coach

Jinjo

You sir are awesome. I want to add myself to the list but I can't on mobile for some reason. Could you add me in for me?

On another note; playing IB made me remember how much I hated Destiny PvP

I'm trying to reforge a weapon, but the gunsmith shows a bunch of empty spaces where some items and the reforgable weapons should be. I've been seeing this pretty frequently lately, including on the bounty lists. How can I fix this? signing in and out doesn't help.

I want to reforge this gun before I hand in all my bounties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom