• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3Rocket

It should be the last weapons he sold. At least that is what it should be, I haven't seen anything drop yet though

Does anyone have the Sniper reforge link? Trying to get a final rounder for my spear. So far it's sitting at:

Solar
Shortgaze / Ambush
Unflinching
Lightweight / Field Scout / Skip Rounds
Final Round

keep or keep on reforging?

This is the current Reddit sniper guide. Does not apply to the old Spear--only the new post-HoW. Field Scout works against Final Round. But for PvE, the roll you have is really good if you don't have a Black Hammer.

YeSp

Neo Member
Just recently starting playing again. Anyone doing any nightfalls I could join?
Im lvl 31 so i dont know if that is to low

PSN Bodde1972

Does anyone have the Sniper reforge link? Trying to get a final rounder for my spear. So far it's sitting at:

Solar
Shortgaze / Ambush
Unflinching
Final Round

I actually got rid of my FR Spear recently, it just felt too cheap. Rerolled it to:
Shortgaze
Rodeo
Field Scout
Clown Cartridge

For the FR variant go, I don't know, Snapshot, Send It, Perfect Balance in the middle column? Lightweight might be okay if you're not a fast class. FR kinda makes everything else not matter as all you have to do is hit one shot.

Unfortunately there isn't a sale currently. I believe the only way if you want to expansions now is to get the season pass for $35 for the first 2 DLC, and then $40 for TTK stand alone. I'm pretty sure that's the cheapest way which is all retail pricing.

Edit: unless you want to wait for the first 2 expansions until TTK comes out, you can get the legendary edition for $60 but I believe it's physical.
https://www.destinythegame.com/taken-king/wheretobuy

Looks like there'll be a digital LE version at least according to this but I don't know whether they'll let people DL the current expansions on purchase. All the different versions are a bit confusing.

LordofPwn

I actually got rid of my FR Spear recently, it just felt too cheap. Rerolled it to:
Shortgaze
Rodeo
Field Scout
Clown Cartridge

For the FR variant go, I don't know, Snapshot, Send It, Perfect Balance in the middle column? Lightweight might be okay if you're not a fast class. FR kinda makes everything else not matter as all you have to do is hit one shot.

I just don't like the feel of the spear. i'll take my PR any day

WizzNARD

So I plan on grabbing some Red Bull today, as well as over the next few weeks. Do we have something set up to give some away? Or just come here and first to grab it type thing?

noomi

So I plan on grabbing some Red Bull today, as well as over the next few weeks. Do we have something set up to give some away? Or just come here and first to grab it type thing?

There was some mention of a list, but I don't think that ever happened. I just gave my 7 codes away to people that had no means of getting them at all, mostly eurogaf.

WizzNARD

There was some mention of a list, but I don't think that ever happened. I just gave my 7 codes away to people that had no means of getting them at all, mostly eurogaf.

Yeah, that's what I was hoping to do. Heads up then to eurogaf, codes incoming sometime soon!

WipedOut

Shortgaze
Rodeo
Field Scout
Clown Cartridge

Yeah, just I'm done with PoE and not really much else for me to do but get good at PVP, I have a near perfect roll for my her benevolence.

Longview SLR10 / Ambush
Hidden Hand
Hand Laid Stock
Unflinching

It should be the last weapons he sold. At least that is what it should be, I haven't seen anything drop yet though

Solar
Shortgaze / Ambush
Unflinching
Final Round

IO thuoght you couldnt reroll final round anymore on a sniper. Didnt they take it out of the perk table?

ocean

Banned
IO thuoght you couldnt reroll final round anymore on a sniper. Didnt they take it out of the perk table?
Old weapons can still get stuff from old perk table. Old Felwinter's can get Shot Package + Hammer Forged, Efreideet's can get Final Round.
Just the ones dropped post HoW can't roll into those perks.

Trakan

The lag in crucible lately is ridiculous and annoying. Whatever they did with server maintenance recently made things much worse. I'm not even playing the lagfest that is Iron Banner. This is in Skirmish, with 6 goddamn people. There's 2-3 people in every game with red bar connections.

Revert whatever the hell you did, Bungie. You fucked everything up.

The lag in crucible lately is ridiculous and annoying. Whatever they did with server maintenance recently made things much worse. I'm not even playing the lagfest that is Iron Banner. This is in Skirmish, with 6 goddamn people. There's 2-3 people in every game with red bar connections.

Revert whatever the hell you did, Bungie. You fucked everything up.

Yesterday I had a match that didn't register some of my trigger pushes. Twas awesome let me tell ya!

ethomaz

Banned
Old weapons can still get stuff from old perk table. Old Felwinter's can get Shot Package + Hammer Forged, Efreideet's can get Final Round.
Just the ones dropped post HoW can't roll into those perks.
Just to add my personal tastes in terms of reforge...

Felwinter's Lie Old > Felwinter's Lie New
Efrideet's Spear Old > Efrideet's Spear New
Radegast's Fury New > Radegast's Fury Old
Jolder's Hammer Old = Jolder's Hammer New

Deku Tree

The only reason they are not announcing or offering a Digital Legendary edition is because the physical Legendary edition is not for sale yet and $60 for all of Destiny including TTK would be a much better deal than what you can buy anywhere else. On or around 9/15 there will certainly be a Digital Legendary edition of TTK for sale for $60 IMO.

WipedOut

Just to add my personal tastes in terms of reforge...

Felwinter's Lie Old > Felwinter's Lie New
Efrideet's Spear Old > Efrideet's Spear New
Radegast's Fury New > Radegast's Fury Old
Jolder's Hammer Old = Jolder's Hammer New

Agree with everything here. I got a Fury last IB and it has Hard Launch / tripod / Javelin and grenade & horseshoes. Pretty much same as Ash Factory.

The only reason they are not announcing or offering a Digital Legendary edition is because the physical Legendary edition is not for sale yet and $60 for all of Destiny including TTK would be a much better deal than what you can buy anywhere else. On or around 9/15 there will certainly be a Digital Legendary edition of TTK for sale for $60 IMO.

Yea if you're going to wait to play TDB and HoW then you might as well wait for Digital LE. Otherwise, $75 to get all the DLC and play now. It's whether $15 is worth it to play the expansions now, for (general) you or not. Maybe more than $15 if you can sell the base game.

Namikaze1

From yesterday IB run.

mVgvpYr.gif

ethomaz

Banned
Agree with everything here. I got a Fury last IB and it has Hard Launch / tripod / Javelin and grenade & horseshoes. Pretty much same as Ash Factory.
I'm tried to get that on the my Old Fury and I couldn't... now I need to get a new Fury from IB drop :(

Jpm989

Neo Member
Add me for the higher levels of prison of elders and night falls please, I haven't had a chance to try them yet, my friends list completely dropped off.

Psn jangocast. Level 32 titan

ethomaz

Banned
But new Jolders has Hidden Hand and crowd control! That doesn't make it better than old?
Best perks for Jolders...

Aggressive Ballistics
Hip-Fire
Quickdraw
Crowd-Control

You can get on both...

And yes... start shotting from the hip is the best for Machine Guns because a glitch.

Hip-fire: There's a glitch in this game that seems to make the game detect ADS'ing incorrectly. This causes the game to register bonuses to hip-fire accuracy on shots made immediately after (sometimes as much as a full second) and before going ADS. This has the effect of making it easier to get shots to register. Also, Because Machine-guns biggest problem is getting bullets to register/making sure the game gets the kill before enemy fires third (let's face it) Last Word bullet, Hip-fire is very good. Also, Hip-fire seems to increase ADS air-accuracy as well. On post-HoW Machine-guns, you can pair this with Range-finder and get both bonuses at the same time. Works especially well with quick-draw/Snap-shot, as it makes ADS faster, therefore allowing you to benefit from Hip-fire accuracy for longer periods of ADS-time.

But yes... Hidden Hand only exists in New and it is Tier 1... so you have more chances to have a Tier 1 machine gun ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom