• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Some people are really good at getting long kill streaks with MG in Crucible. For them it is worth it. Otherwise if you can't do then then use RL.

Yup, if you manage to survive the initial hail of rockets during Heavy round, a MG is pretty awesome. The CM in particular can last quite a while in normal PVP.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Welp, finished the PvP part for Thorn bounty. That was easier than I expected (I thought it was gonna be much worse).

Anyways, anyone willing to help me for Xyor's part?

LordofPwn

PR is awesome, but those revive snipes are too good to pass up :(

i see it this way: I'm way better with PR than just about any other sniper so me using one that can 1 shot revive shields almost isnt worth it. I really like when they bunch up and i get 1 headshot and 2 body shots and all 3 are dead thanks to firefly

coy

I have both of those but I haven't really bothered reforging them. Ascended my old Jolder's for IB this week.

People want the LMG spree bounty hehe
I get blowed up too fast with all the rockets flying so I don't even bother with that bounty.

PuMa

Second best MG in the game for PVP... only behind BTRD.

I disagree.

Except for Trials... LMG is the best option for kills in row... for example the 10 kills in a row bounty is easy with LMG.

LMG > Rockets in most PVP modes.

Wolves Bane is actually really good.

I have both and arc and void version of this and yes that mag is ridiculously small.

It's useless really.

My thunderlord has like 70.

Against all odds? 50 something.

Infinite theorem? 48 I think.

BTRD is also 48 I think.

Zombie Apocalypse? 75.

What the fuck am I supposed to do with a machine gun that has 23 bullets on a mag?!

MechDX

It fires so slow, you barely realize the mag is that small. Kills in like 1 or 2 hits. Feels like it at least.

It does do a ton of damage per shot. Used a completely unleveled arc version vs a wolfpack and it ate the arc shield for lunch in two shots.

PuMa

It's useless really.

My thunderlord has like 70.

Against all odds? 50 something.

Infinite theorem? 48 I think.

BTRD is also 48 I think.

Zombie Apocalypse? 75.

What the fuck am I supposed to do with a machine gun that has 23 bullets on a mag?!

Against All Odds is the only other MG there with as much impact. Stock mag is 26, so maybe you have field scout.

FinKL

Is it true only specific IB weapon drops from this month's IB? I thought all IB weapons were on the loot table, but according to the reddit megathread, only Radagest, Perun's, and Gheoleons drop.

Was excited for a chance at Timur's =/

Definity

Finally picked up a matador in crucible.

First roll was range finder, knee pads, accurized ballistics, rifled barrell.

zewone

Second best MG in the game for PVP... only behind BTRD.

I disagree.

Except for Trials... LMG is the best option for kills in row... for example the 10 kills in a row bounty is easy with LMG.

LMG > Rockets in most PVP modes.
No. One G&H rocket and your LMG spree dreams are crushed. Doesn't even matter if you kill the RL user as well, the RL will always kill you.

Mindlog

I don't understand why Bungie makes made a giant 'fuck everything' balance change if they weren't planning on rapid iteration. Makes no sense.

For a game so heavily dependent on its MP content I again look at how much better ME3MP handled that side of the business.

tldr; Buff Low Impact Auto Rifles.
No. One G&H rocket and your LMG spree dreams are crushed. Doesn't even matter if you kill the RL user as well, the RL will always kill you.
I used to prefer HMGs because I had basic map awareness and would be ready when heavy was going to drop. Now there are a million reminders that heavy is about to drop and it's a dumb spammy clustercluck. If I want to make an HMG work it typically involves laying back and playing cautious until most enemies don't have heavy.

Now G&H all the way.

M3Rocket

Red Bull Destiny Code Giveaway

I have started a spreadsheet for those in need of Red Bull Destiny codes and for the benefactors that are giving them away: Destiny GAF Red Bull Giveaway List

Simple rules if you want a free code and can't get one for whatever reason:
1. Limit to one per NeoGAF ID.
2. Quote/Reply to this post.
3. Codes will be given in signup order. First come, first served.
4. No guarantees that everyone on the list will get a code.
5. Signup will stay open as long as there are still benefactors giving away codes.
6. Rules are subject to change based on feedback from recipients and benefactors.

You can find out more about this Red Bull promotion and redeem the codes at: Red Bull Quest web site.

For the benefactors who will be giving codes away, please Private Message me with your email and I will give you "edit" access to the Spreadsheet so you can "check-off" who you've given a code to and when. To be fair, please giveaway codes in chronological order and edit the spreadsheet as soon as you send the code.

That's why you hopefully blink away or something.

Using a machine gun is a huge gamble, but if you survive the onslaught of rockets you can go on a massive streak. And if it happens to be skirmish, well GGs other team, you're finished. Yeah if I'm using a machine gun I usually try to hang back and let the rest of my team eat the rockets.

I used the prefer HMGs because I had map awareness and would be ready when Heavy was going to drop. Now there are a million reminders that heavy is about to drop and it's a dumb spammy clustercluck. If I want to make an HMG work it typically involves laying back and playing cautious until most enemies don't have heavy.

Now G&H all the way.
Oh yup. This too. Used to be WAY easier to use a machine gun. I really don't like the heavy change, but it did change the meta a bit so I appreciate it somewhat.

I have started a spreadsheet for those in need of Red Bull Destiny codes and for the benefactors that are giving them away: Destiny GAF Red Bull Giveaway List

5. Signup will stay open as long as there are still benefactors giving away codes.
6. Rules are subject to change based on feedback from recipients and benefactors.

You can find out more about this Red Bull promotion and redeem the codes at: Red Bull Quest web site.

For the benefactors who will be giving codes away, please Private Message me with your email and I will give you "edit" access to the Spreadsheet so you can "check-off" who you've given a code to and when. To be fair, please giveaway codes in chronological order and edit the spreadsheet as soon as you send the code.

Would love to get a code if available as i have no 7/11 stores anywhere in the area.

SgtCobra

Pretty much. A Radegast Fury with the right rolls shits all over any machinegun when in a direct encounter.
tldr; Buff Auto Rifles.
FTFY
The pulse rifle buff was a great initiative but weapons like fusion and auto rifles are useless in pvp.

Gala

Thanks for the awesome giveaway for us poor non-americans :) (did I do it right or do I have to sign up on the list as well?)

I think i'm in love with igordennis. I mean Elena!

Also, Drake, just let go, come on...

:p

She's great. I got this avatar when footage from her leaked at E3 so i think the quality is not very good (from my phone im not certain). So if any kind gaffer would be willing to make the same avatar with the higher quality footage we have now i would be eternally grateful :)

PuMa

Using a machine gun is a huge gamble, but if you survive the onslaught of rockets you can go on a massive streak. And if it happens to be skirmish, well GGs other team, you're finished. Yeah if I'm using a machine gun I usually try to hang back and let the rest of my team eat the rockets.

MGs all the way...

That's what I do if I'm using an MG. I'll pretty much go hide and see what happens. Hopefully my teammates can kill or trade kills with heavies. If not I'll just keep letting my teammates be bait until the RL are gone. :3

lol I'm an asshole.

zewone

You're talking about a 1 out of 10 scenario. 90% chance you'll be rocketed instead.

Odds are better in your favor to use G&H.

Edit. I mostly play 3v3. Your scenerio probably has a better chance of working in 6v6.

Please and Thanks to all the kind GAFers for this. You guys and gals are the true champs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom