• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylineRKR

I thought as much. It seemed like high RoF and Low impact which doesn't seem to be great with any weapon, especially with middling stability.

Plus I have the Messenger so that is hard to beat.

Yeah its useless in Destiny. Atheon's does jack shit in Void burns when Epic is on. I don't know why those high ROF weapons exist.

Holy shit!! I just got first blood with a triple kill with a well placed grenade o_O

What is the easiest way to gif/upload something from the ps4?

Namikaze1

Holy shit!! I just got first blood with a triple kill with a well placed grenade.

What is the easiest way to gif/upload something from the ps4?
1) Upload to YouTube.

2) Use imgur video to gif (if you have an imgur account) (it's what I do)

3) make sure to copy the gif link and not the gifv one.

th3dude

Kudos to everyone for organizing code giveaways.

I don't regularly buy Red Bull, but there is a 7-11 right by my office so I can always grab some for GAF folks in a pinch.

I looked at the stats and shaked no. My gut feeling said its about as useful as Silimar's Wrath.

Try to get Spare Change or Hopskotch whatevz. I still need to get the latter.
It seems people like spare change, why is that? Maybe I'll have to give it another shot, but the way the gun kicks just made me immediately throw it in the garbage.

ocean

Banned
Since I'm kinda hooked on PvP now and I'm set with sniper and shotgun as special weapons, what heavy machine gun and/or rocket launcher should I get?
Focus on Rocket Launcher. Far more important in current meta.

The absolute best PvP RLs are Radegast's Fury (Iron Banner, not on sale this week sadly) and Ash Factory (random Crucible drop like Matador 64). Below that, the Dreamwalker (Queen's RL) is an excellent substitute which you can get from PoE treasure chests. Tomorrow's Answer was on sale last week with ToO and is actually worse than all of these but came with perfect perks right off the box so it saved you the time and frustration of spending a lot of motes.

The thing is, a PvP RL is not a weapon where there's a lot of stuff that matters. What make them work is so clearly defined that it's easy to say what's best. You want Blast Radius and Velocity. You want proximity detonation so rockets always kill, even if you miss. And you want to reload as little as possible. That's it.

The perks you want are thus Tripod (3 rocket mag) and Grenades & Horseshoes (proximity detonation). The other rows you'll want stuff that complements your blast radius and velocity, like Warhead Verniers on column 1 and Javelin or Heavy Payload on column 3.

Tomorrow's Answer has all of the above perks. That makes it a super attractive RL, but if you got the same perk roll on the first RLs I mentioned, you end up with max blast radius and velocity.

Ash Factory, R Fury and the Dreamwalker (as well as Tomorrow's Answer for that matter) have a similar problem: they're random drops and 2 of them are random drops from time limited events to make it worse.

Your Vendor options aren't bad, but not top tier. Dead Orbit sells a RL with the perks you need stock off the vendor, but the base stats are meh. New Monarchy's Admonisher has absurd, max Blast Radius but dat base velocity is too low to be fixed. Your best shot is FWC's The Fear with the perks outlined before.

M3Rocket

Kudos to everyone for organizing code giveaways.

I don't regularly buy Red Bull, but there is a 7-11 right by my office so I can always grab some for GAF folks in a pinch.

If you do, just send me a PM and I'll get you Edit rights to the spreadsheet.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm trying to reforge a weapon, but the gunsmith shows a bunch of empty spaces where some items and the reforgable weapons should be. I've been seeing this pretty frequently lately, including on the bounty lists. How can I fix this? signing in and out doesn't help.

I want to reforge this gun before I hand in all my bounties.
uhh just make sure you have the weapon you want to reforge equipped.

Red Bull Destiny Code Giveaway

I have started a spreadsheet for those in need of Red Bull Destiny codes and for the benefactors that are giving them away: Destiny GAF Red Bull Giveaway List

Simple rules if you want a free code and can't get one for whatever reason:
1. Limit to one per NeoGAF ID.
2. Quote/Reply to this post.
3. Codes will be given in signup order. First come, first served.
4. No guarantees that everyone on the list will get a code.
5. Signup will stay open as long as there are still benefactors giving away codes.
6. Rules are subject to change based on feedback from recipients and benefactors.

I'm from the Netherlands so I'd appreciate a spare code!

Also, i won a machine gun called BTRD-35 from IB and i used it for the first time now without any perks or whatever and this thing fucking destroys holy shit. Its one of those slower machine guns but this thing kills with 2-3 shots max o_O. I got two 10 kill spree in one match because of it.

Skolas is easier this week than last week because Ghorn is much more effective.

I have restorted to LFG for 4 or 5 kills the past two weeks and, thus, have seen some truly awful players get through it.

The easiest method is to bring his health to around a third after the first mine phase. After that, load up on rockets (wait for synth if necessary), and then finish him off so you can do the last mines in the clear. If you do that, you only need to get through one mine phase, and if everyone uses their supers, even bad players can get through it.

People get antsy for some reason and try to get damage off intermittently, but it's best to communicate as a team and do the DPS phases when ideal (everyone ready, just passed the poison, Skolas in good position for rockets but more than 1 teleport away).

you haven't done a single 35 since How launch?

havnt completed once. made it to skolas on 2 seperate occasaions before wasting 3 hours and giving up. we actually killed skolas once, got the elder cipher but due to serious lag we couldnt get to the mines in time before we whiped. The countdown timer on the miines wasnt going anywhere so it was impossible to tell if it was actually dismanted. it was freaking heartbreaking :(

nowai

Yup, if you manage to survive the initial hail of rockets during Heavy round, a MG is pretty awesome. The CM in particular can last quite a while in normal PVP.

Could not agree more. I used to only use RLs, but once I started using Jolder's Hammer and now BTRD, I absolutely love LMGs.

I have both a Hammer and BTRD with Rangefinder and I can basically snipe with them.

uhh just make sure you have the weapon you want to reforge equipped.

I do have it equiped. switching weapons, trying others, going back to orbit, rebooting destiny all doesn't help. Some vendor items and options are just gone for me from time to time, leaving en empty slot.

SkylineRKR

Also, i won a machine gun called BTRD-35 from IB and i used it for the first time now without any perks or whatever and this thing fucking destroys holy shit. Its one of those slower machine guns but this thing kills with 2-3 shots max o_O. I got two 10 kill spree in one match because of it.

Its combination of stability, impact and ROF is insane. Its as stable as Suros Regime which is why Rangefinder is so good on it.

Dave_6

Yep, as I've said a few times, thing is a beast!

Namikaze1

Bungie Day is reset day next week. If I don't wake up to a mystery package waiting for me at the Tower, y'all are dead to me Bungie! :p

Mystery package better have that Necrochasm buff...

Blunoise

I have started a spreadsheet for those in need of Red Bull Destiny codes and for the benefactors that are giving them away: Destiny GAF Red Bull Giveaway List

5. Signup will stay open as long as there are still benefactors giving away codes.
6. Rules are subject to change based on feedback from recipients and benefactors.

You can find out more about this Red Bull promotion and redeem the codes at: Red Bull Quest web site.

For the benefactors who will be giving codes away, please Private Message me with your email and I will give you "edit" access to the Spreadsheet so you can "check-off" who you've given a code to and when. To be fair, please giveaway codes in chronological order and edit the spreadsheet as soon as you send the code.

I would appreciate one because there is no 7-11 near me at all. Thanks for this tho

What's the perk? REALLY want this gun!

Smart drift control

Edit:
Here:
UXgQw33.jpg

How do i make the image appear here btw?

Bungie Day is reset day next week. If I don't wake up to a mystery package waiting for me at the Tower, y'all are dead to me Bungie! :p

Mystery package better have that Necrochasm buff...

yup, a consumable that lasts for 30 minutes that gives 75 impact to the Nechro

Then micro transactions to buy more for 2.00 bucks a pop

and you will pay. becuase once you have that much firepower you will never be able to go back to anything else

MrMuscle

You can find out more about this Red Bull promotion and redeem the codes at: Red Bull Quest web site.

For the benefactors who will be giving codes away, please Private Message me with your email and I will give you "edit" access to the Spreadsheet so you can "check-off" who you've given a code to and when. To be fair, please giveaway codes in chronological order and edit the spreadsheet as soon as you send the code.

Id love a code, Im from Norway so cant get them here.

M3Rocket

Focus on Rocket Launcher. Far more important in current meta.

The absolute best PvP RLs are Radegast's Fury (Iron Banner, not on sale this week sadly) and Ash Factory (random Crucible drop like Matador 64). Below that, the Dreamwalker (Queen's RL) is an excellent substitute which you can get from PoE treasure chests. Tomorrow's Answer was on sale last week with ToO and is actually worse than all of these but came with perfect perks right off the box so it saved you the time and frustration of spending a lot of motes.

The thing is, a PvP RL is not a weapon where there's a lot of stuff that matters. What make them work is so clearly defined that it's easy to say what's best. You want Blast Radius and Velocity. You want proximity detonation so rockets always kill, even if you miss. And you want to reload as little as possible. That's it.

The perks you want are thus Tripod (3 rocket mag) and Grenades & Horseshoes (proximity detonation). The other rows you'll want stuff that complements your blast radius and velocity, like Warhead Verniers on column 1 and Javelin or Heavy Payload on column 3.

Tomorrow's Answer has all of the above perks. That makes it a super attractive RL, but if you got the same perk roll on the first RLs I mentioned, you end up with max blast radius and velocity.

Ash Factory, R Fury and the Dreamwalker (as well as Tomorrow's Answer for that matter) have a similar problem: they're random drops and 2 of them are random drops from time limited events to make it worse.

Your Vendor options aren't bad, but not top tier. Dead Orbit sells a RL with the perks you need stock off the vendor, but the base stats are meh. New Monarchy's Admonisher has absurd, max Blast Radius but dat base velocity is too low to be fixed. Your best shot is FWC's The Fear with the perks outlined before.

There is something to the RoF on RL's. I have a Dreamwalker and Ash Factory. They feel really slow to fire compared with Tomorrow's Answer even with Tripod. In the end, horseshoes, grenade and RL's. I don't think there's any practical difference between all of those Tier 1's you mentioned.

MrMuscle

I just did a PoE34 that felt completely off. We were all 34s with maxed weapons but it felt like we were underleveled. We kept getting one shotted and did alot less damage than usual to all the mobs. Dunno what was up with it, but it was not a good time.

Probably the new best PVP LMG. High aim assist, faster than Jolder's and more impact than Corrective Measure.

I had one drop with Aggressive Ballistics, Braced Frame, & Rodeo. It's like a laser of death.

There is something to the RoF on RL's. I have a Dreamwalker and Ash Factory. They feel really slow to fire compared with Tomorrow's Answer even with Tripod. In the end, horseshoes, grenade and RL's. I don't think there's any practical difference between all of those Tier 1's you mentioned.

Interesting. I feel like Tomorrow's Answer has a lot going for it. People act like Aim Assist on RLs is irrelevant, but as soon as I switched from Exodus Plan to TA, my kills skyrocketed. And TA looks so cool.

Or, if you really want cool-kid points, you can be like Nghtly and use a white rocket launcher. Nothing like getting kills with a Deacon RS/2.

zewone

Yes. Being able to fire off a 2nd or 3rd rocket in quick fashion has saved me numerous times.

https://youtu.be/biDvwVTD_Qw

Exactly. Can't agree with ocean on this one, Tomorrow's answer is top tier RL with perfect pvp perks.

RF and Ash factory are better only if you get lucky with the perfect rolls, even then the RoF is slower to TA.

As for dreamwalker, no matter what you roll on that, the RL is trash because the RoF is pathetic. You can shoot 2 rockets from any other RL before you'll be able to shoot a single rocket from DW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom