• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or since I added the expansions the chance of obtaining legendary items for completing strikes / dailies / decoding engrams has increased a lot? Compared to the base game in just a few hours I obtained a piece of legendary armor, the Pest Control Matrix auto rifle and a lot of Motes of Light.

On the good side, looks like now I can hold on my own with more complicated strikes and raids. I'm lvl 30 and only missing a legendary helmet, but I should be able to do Nightfalls now (biggest issue so far was that I was not dealing enough damage).

It's because you opened up the high level playlist which rewards more generously. It was the 24 at launch, ROC with TDB and now Dragon.

What Ocean said, plus bungie moved better rewards to dlc playlists so that players buy the dlc. :/

Wow, amazing post Soul! Really fantastic stuff. If people want to do a "VoG Conspiracy Theory" run sometime let me know. Most of the theories you've mentioned have already been tested and disproved but I always have fun messing around in VoG with like minded-people. Speaking of theories...

Snip of awesomeness!

Hey man firstly it's awesome to see you back! Been waiting for that Thunderlord post :p

Also, thank you! I'm glad that it caught your interest! I've a few other pieces that I've been thinking up for various grimiore but I'm not quite happy with them yet! I've more I'd like to go into with the Vex Mythlocast too as I don't feel like I've gotten everything from my head into words.

I've spoke to Ghaleon and he's given the go ahead to have a separate Destiny Lore thread so that there can be some good discussion on the lore as this thread is way too fast for that stuff! (and probably a graveyard of accounts)

As for your thoughts, they sound sweet! I'd totally be up for killing a few hours searching for secrets with hope :p

I like the idea of the musical oracles. I've always thought of it as a indicator for positioning but I've read a few pieces on your very thoughts and I think it's a possibility. There's also a secret passage which takes you to a higher up vantage point just before Templar so I wonder if that is there for a reason?

The gorgon maze is an interesting theory and would take some real perseverance and planning i do agree though that it is weird to have them as an 'ultra' I've actually never thought of that before!

Sigh..smh..

Edit: thanks for the matches unstable, Zoba, Gibbs and milkham! First time actually playing multiplayer in a very long time and it's was fun playing with you guys :) reminds me when I use to play multiplayer a lot and be "decently" better. it's a shame I am terrible now :/

Welp atleast I hope I gave them diabete. Since I kept feeding them so much in the last few matches.

It's my birthday, let's see if I can get a black hammer to drop for me tonight. Need to get on that IB because I want those chest plates.

NastyBook

Sigh..smh..

Edit: thanks for the matches unstable, Zoba, Gibbs and milkham! First time actually playing multiplayer in a very long time and it's was fun playing with you guys :) reminds me when I use to play multiplayer a lot and be "decently" better. it's a shame I am terrible now :/

Welp atleast I hope I gave them diabete. Since I kept feeding them so much in the last few matches.
GGs to you as well.

Marvel

could never
It's my birthday.

p47stGm.gif

Bradach

is there any cheese spots for the PoE lvl34 this week. Its horrible, I think I'll be skipping any week that has this boss.

Nuszka

Morning dgaf. 4 more days and i will be away on holiday!!! Yes!!! But before that i will try to do some IB and trials if time allows.
Edit: quick question- how is the ghost tower app compared to loadouts on ios devices?

woo, Skolas complete

that was pretty fun, and constant movement/teamwork.

Ya man takes actual teamwork the difference between dgaf teams and lfg teams is like dirt weed vs OG Kush.Dirt weed/lfg is better than nothing but sometimes not really.

As for 34 quodron they just need to tweak the number of mobs especially effing goblin snipers and make finding the eye guys easier.

I just need to say 1 more thing before I put away the phone to really try to sleep, since life is too short to not say things sometimes...

I've always been a person who likes to see and make people smile, laugh, happy, etc. Love helping people in any way I can. I felt that this community, DGAF, shared a lot of that. I've always felt I can come here and say pretty much anything. I wish I was around here since OT 1, but I had no idea this existed until around November/December. Can't thank this community enough for being the best.
Great community! I always try to help out when I can especially to new players.
I wont be able to play/be there when TTK is release. Its a matter of time, till RL choices take over my life :/

is there any cheese spots for the PoE lvl34 this week. Its horrible, I think I'll be skipping any week that has this boss.
Issue? I know of 2 ways to kill him. First method requires 3 gjallarhorns. Pretty much make sure to have full rockets and a heavy ready to use. Run in, pop a titan bubble, spam rockets until he is dead.

The legit method kinda depend on luck IMO which depend on the main issue...Quadron's Eye. I feel like Quadron's Eye is very inconsistent. Sometime he will appear across the map and spawn at different locations (?). If Quadron's Eye is actually being consistent and aggroing to your location, then its not bad.
I was able to help out a lvl 33 the other day and 2 members did not have gjallarhorn so it is possible, just time consuming when the AI is inconsistent. We went left to those boxes ( I hope you know what I am talking about :p ) and Quadron's Eye kept spawning near Quadron and aggro towards our location.

I will also say I am unsure if the location is good or bad. Since I only did this PoE legit once. But when we started using that location, Quadron's Eye starting being more consistent.

Good luck :)

SgtCobra

Got a Hopscotch Pilgrim from doing 2 strikes, I'm perfectly fine with that.
Now here's the problem...Which perks should I roll? I already have a Messenger but a pulse rifle with 100% stability is even better.
I'm already going for Braced Frame so there's that, any other recommendations? I don't know if I should go with Hidden Hand or Reactive Reload...
(I'm solely gonna use the gun for pvp btw)

nOoblet16

Well I got rejected from my 2nd PhD interview (3rd interview in total, one was a job interview). It's soul crushing and especially when you know you were 2nd best candidate and the only reason why you got rejected was because they didn't understand some things about me from the past from a time that was 7 years ago (basically my high school classification is from a different country, they could have at least asked me :s). And that my cover letter didn't say about the things that I talked about in the interview (the letter was general and I used it only to get the interview and kept the lengthy details for the interview itself which I went over well, didn't think that would be a deciding factor).

Fuck this man.

P.S. sorry for the off topic stuff guys,I am just frustrated. I am ready to play IB right now.

Jinjo

Well I got rejected from my 2nd PhD interview (3rd interview in total, one was a job interview). It's soul crushing and especially when you know you were 2nd best candidate and the only reason why you got rejected was because they didn't understand some things about me from the past from a time that was 7 years ago (basically my high school classification is from a different country, they could have at least asked me :s). And that my cover letter didn't say about the things that I talked about in the interview (the letter was general and I used it only to get the interview and kept the lengthy details for the interview itself which I went over well, didn't think that would be a deciding factor).

Fuck this man.

P.S. sorry for the off topic stuff guys,I am just frustrated. I am ready to play IB right now.

If you're already frustrated the last thing you should be doing is playing IB right now lol.

That sucks though! But keep on trying and hang in there. Eventually you will get a good one. Problem nowadays is that University's/companies have plenty of choices, so you're gonna get rejected because of the dumbest shit. Next time you know to clarify on that from the get-go.

Nuszka

Fuck this man.

Feel bad for you, do i guess correctly by saying you live in UK? I am in a similar situation with a degree from my home country but here in Northern Ireland not many people are interested in that. For example my younger brother had no degree coming here got some courses and now he is making good money working in a bank lol.

ocean

Banned
PvP with DGAF= .40 k/d
PvP by myself= 1.80 k/d

I don't know what's wrong with me.
If you have really strong players on your team they'll eat up most kills. Unstable knows how to cross a map in a few seconds and kill everything on his way. Zoba will snipe you. No matter where you are. You can be in orbit and he'll still get that headshot.
Keeping a good K/D playing with those guys is impossible :p

nOoblet16

Feel bad for you, do i guess correctly by saying you live in UK? I am in a similar situation with a degree from my home country but here in Northern Ireland not many people are interested in that. For example my younger brother had no degree coming here got some courses and now he is making good money working in a bank lol.
Yea UK..for now, for 7 months to find something else leave the country for good.

Man 7 years ago I was a totally different person...can't use those to check what I am today. Some of the things they use for deciding over a candidate is just ridiculous.

If you're already frustrated the last thing you should be doing is playing IB right now lol.

That sucks though! But keep on trying and hang in there. Eventually you will get a good one. Problem nowadays is that University's/companies have plenty of choices, so you're gonna get rejected because of the dumbest shit. Next time you know to clarify on that from the get-go.
I can take up IB bullshit, at least it's consistent at being shit, so I know what to expect.

It's frustrating, everybody on gaf must think i'm trash. Maybe I am. :'(

You wanna play in a team and have fun, play with gaf - win or lose, it's fun most of the time. Just stick behind unstable and steal all his kills :p

You want to get more kills and play solo, you play with randoms. You won't always win and get frustrated when randoms do stupid things.

Kyoufu

I bet non-auto weapons like Hand Cannons must be better to use if you map the fire button to a digital button like R1 instead of the default R2 analogue trigger.

I might try it out sometime, but I'm used to R2 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom