• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

CONGRATS X!!

Dude I'm hoping Gutz can post the crazy photos. I can't get mine to upload to FB, where I was going to grab them from. (can't find my flash drive ugh)

Haha. I'll see what I can do from my phone today at work. Also, I did manage to capture the video of all of our shenanigans last night in the tower. It felt like we were creeping on all those people for way longer than like 12 minutes but that is what it came out to.

Well I got rejected from my 2nd PhD interview (3rd interview in total, one was a job interview). It's soul crushing and especially when you know you were 2nd best candidate and the only reason why you got rejected was because they didn't understand some things about me from the past from a time that was 7 years ago (basically my high school classification is from a different country, they could have at least asked me :s). And that my cover letter didn't say about the things that I talked about in the interview (the letter was general and I used it only to get the interview and kept the lengthy details for the interview itself which I went over well, didn't think that would be a deciding factor).

Fuck this man.

P.S. sorry for the off topic stuff guys,I am just frustrated. I am ready to play IB right now.
Hey, I know it sounds cliched but try not to get too down about it. I've just come out of the other side of a PhD and had a bit of a nightmare getting a position a few years ago. A lot of the time these PhD positions already have a particular candidate in mind, yet they have to advertise anyway :/ It's just not fair really. Gets people's hopes up unnecessarily.
Keep at it and you'll get one in the end. Then before you know it, you'll be like me and enjoying the search for post-doc positions :p

/thread hijack

nOoblet16

Hey, I know it sounds cliched but try not to get too down about it. I've just come out of the other side of a PhD and had a bit of a nightmare getting a position a few years ago. A lot of the time these PhD positions already have a particular candidate in mind, yet they have to advertise anyway :/ It's just not fair really. Gets people's hopes up unnecessarily.
Keep at it and you'll get one in the end. Then before you know it, you'll be like me and enjoying the search for post-doc positions :p

/thread hijack
What frustrates me is that the same questions which have the same answers all the time and yet ends up being so variable, even if you answer everything right you probably won't get it.

The job interview was a bit different but this PhD went down exactly like the first, the feedback I got from the first I used it to improve my 2nd PhD interview (basically talk a lot about machine learning) but then I got knocked down due to them not understanding my school qualifications. I mean why do I need to describe what modules I took in middle school? Doesn't everybody do the same shit in middle school? Also if I am doing a technical degree then it is obvious that I have a STEM background...I mean you can't even get an admission in a technical degree at a university if you didn't take math and science in high school. If I am doing a masters in a technical degree then it should be obvious that I took those as it's a requirement in the first place...why knock me down because "they didn't know what modules I took in middle/high school?"

noomi

Good morning DGAF!

Titan is completely leveled, I have almost all the gear I want for him. Just need the PoE gloves, and a few pieces from crota. Oh yeah... and the armamentarium... bring it Xur.

Other than that, I'm pretty much caught up again. Time to finish my backlog :)

JayHayabusa

Good morning DGAF!

Titan is completely leveled, I have almost all the gear I want for him. Just need the PoE gloves, and a few pieces from crota. Oh yeah... and the armamentarium... bring it Xur.

Welcome to the Titan GAF Noomi! Planning on rolling a Warlock anytime soon? Or staying with two hunters? Was wondering why u rolled three hunters in the first place. Was it to complete Raid gear in Vanilla Destiny?

noomi

Welcome to the Titan GAF Noomi! Planning on rolling a Warlock anytime soon? Or staying with two hunters? Was wondering why u rolled three hunters in the first place. Was it to complete Raid gear in Vanilla Destiny?

Thank you :D

Probably won't be making a warlock anytime soon, but it's certainly possible. The reason I made 3 hunters was really get to more loot chances and not have to level gear from scratch. It made things much easier for me just swapping hunter gear from one character to the next :p

Lnkn! Lnkn where are you! I need tape! This is going on my fridge!

Ox0ITRB.jpg

Note how a quoted it and didn't post a 4k image Lnkn

Nuszka

Thank you :D

Probably won't be making a warlock anytime soon, but it's certainly possible. The reason I made 3 hunters was really get to more loot chances and not have to level gear from scratch. It made things much easier for me just swapping hunter gear from one character to the next :p

Easy mode all the way :) make a warlock and become a guardian lord!!!

What frustrates me is that the same questions which have the same answers all the time and yet ends up being so variable, even if you answer everything right you probably won't get it.

The job interview was a bit different but this PhD went down exactly like the first, the feedback I got from the first I used it to improve my 2nd PhD interview (basically talk a lot about machine learning) but then I got knocked down due to them not understanding my school qualifications. I mean why do I need to describe what modules I took in middle school? Doesn't everybody do the same shit in middle school? Also if I am doing a technical degree then it is obvious that I have a STEM background...I mean you can't even get an admission in a technical degree at a university if you didn't take math and science in high school. If I am doing a masters in a technical degree then it should be obvious that I took those as it's a requirement in the first place...why knock me down because "they didn't know what modules I took in middle/high school?"
Yeah, this is fucked up actually. Stuff that's done at middle school becomes pretty much irrelevant when you undertake a undergraduate degree and then a masters. I can't even think why they are getting hung up on something so pointless. Sucks man :/

bitsurugi

It's frustrating, everybody on gaf must think i'm trash. Maybe I am. :'(

Well, 1st of all, might be lag, in a game where TTK is less then a second it's not an excuse, lag is a real issue.

2nd of all, with Unstable as a fireteam leader, you WILL get top ppl matchmade with you, fireteam or not, treat them ALL as a real threat, you will need your top game.

nOoblet16

No one playing IB now?

Yeah, this is fucked up actually. Stuff that's done at middle school becomes pretty much irrelevant when you undertake a undergraduate degree and then a masters. I can't even think why they are getting hung up on something so pointless. Sucks man :/
Guess they need to find any reason to differentiate between candidates. I didn't do A levels so I can't just put "achieved AAB or AAA", the best I can do is put the overall % I got...and even then they are like "we didn't know how good a 70% or 80% that is relatively"...wtf? This is so much bs and one reason why I am so upset...they'll find some other bullshit reason next time.

If you are going to concentrate on it and knock me down based on the stuff present in my CV then why even call me for an interview and waste my time giving me false hope? CV is used to gain interviews...not to determine which of the two good candidates they should pick after they have already interviewed them..doing that makes the interview process insignificant. :(

Klyka

Banned
Hey kind Destiny GAF, I got a question on how to best get a friend back into the game:

He doesn't own the game anymore, but is interested in playing again. He doesn't own any of the DLC.

What would be the best (cheapest?) way to get him back to playing with me NOW instead of waiting till Taken King comes out? Preferably with getting the DLC?

noomi

Hey kind Destiny GAF, I got a question on how to best get a friend back into the game:

He doesn't own the game anymore, but is interested in playing again. He doesn't own any of the DLC.

What would be the best (cheapest?) way to get him back to playing with me NOW instead of waiting till Taken King comes out? Preferably with getting the DLC?

I believe destiny was on sale for something like $14.99 at one point so you'll have to try and find that type of deal again, not sure about the DLC... I think it's basically whatever PSN has it for, maybe they will have a sale or discount prior to TTK?

There will also be a legendary edition that includes the base game and both DLC's for $60 however I'm not sure if that will be out prior to TTK

amar212

Got both Radegast Fury and BTRD in the same IB drop.

Friend got Ash Factory.

Spent nearly 20000 glimmer/70+ motes and 200+ weapon parts to reforge Radegast for Triple Barrel/Horseshoues.

He got it in the second roll fro the Ash.

Fuck the Gunsmith troll.

Lnkn52

Lnkn! Lnkn where are you! I need tape! This is going on my fridge!

Note how a quoted it and didn't post a 4k image Lnkn

Double BURN, ignoring this post. It never happened.

Well I got rejected from my 2nd PhD interview (3rd interview in total, one was a job interview). It's soul crushing and especially when you know you were 2nd best candidate and the only reason why you got rejected was because they didn't understand some things about me from the past from a time that was 7 years ago (basically my high school classification is from a different country, they could have at least asked me :s). And that my cover letter didn't say about the things that I talked about in the interview (the letter was general and I used it only to get the interview and kept the lengthy details for the interview itself which I went over well, didn't think that would be a deciding factor).

Fuck this man.

P.S. sorry for the off topic stuff guys,I am just frustrated. I am ready to play IB right now.

I don't know how old you are, but I'm guessing pretty young. Just keep at it. Don't let this screw up your day. This company is missing out on a good candidate. There will be other opportunities and just let this be an experience for the next one and improve from it. The job market is pretty rough right now, and I know how pretty taxing it could be for the body and mind to continue to be rejected.

Jabronium

Got both Radegast Fury and BTRD in the same IB drop.

Friend got Ash Factory.

Spent nearly 20000 glimmer/70+ motes and 200+ weapon parts to reforge Radegast for Triple Barrel/Horseshoues.

He got it in the second roll fro the Ash.

Fuck the Gunsmith troll.

Oy. I gave up on my Radegast after getting Javelin, Horseshoes, and Spray & Play. I don't play enough pvp to make trying for the god roll worth it. Unless it's one of my shotguns.

noomi

Now I feel pretty stupid for sharding my ash factory, I thought it was pointless if you have tomorrows answer.... what have I done?

Jinjo

Good morning DGAF!

Welcome to the true Destiny experience and the master race.

Oy. I gave up on my Radegast after getting Javelin, Horseshoes, and Spray & Play. I don't play enough pvp to make trying for the god roll worth it. Unless it's one of my shotguns.

That's a pretty good roll dude. Mine is G&H, Flared Magwell & Clown Cartridge, it all works equally well. It's just whatever you prefer.

phen0m24

Now I feel pretty stupid for sharding my ash factory, I thought it was pointless if you have tomorrows answer.... what have I done?

vadernoooooooooooo.gif

Last call for NF am at Phogoth who has very little health left

:)

BP get in here I'm not shooting at him come on in

ZDcJsiN.jpg

Interesting concept art of what the Heart of the Black Garden may have looked like. Definitely can see a more obtuse parallel to The Traveler here. The final murky muddy form works too, but this would have been cool to see- more sci-fi-y and less spacey-wacey.

Deku Tree

I gotta do NF 3x and some PoE or ToO on Sunday. Hopefully people will still be around on Sunday to do some NF.

I'm gonna miss Xur so that mean's he's going to sell stuff that I don't have for sure...

PuMa

PvP with DGAF= .40 k/d
PvP by myself= 1.80 k/d

I don't know what's wrong with me.

If you have really strong players on your team they'll eat up most kills. Unstable knows how to cross a map in a few seconds and kill everything on his way. Zoba will snipe you. No matter where you are. You can be in orbit and he'll still get that headshot.
Keeping a good K/D playing with those guys is impossible :p

It also match-makes based on combat rating. So if you party up with people much higher than you, you will see much harder opposition.

I gotta do NF 3x and some PoE or ToO on Sunday. Hopefully people will still be around on Sunday to do some NF.

I'm gonna miss Xur so that mean's he's going to sell stuff that I don't have for sure...

Xur will have the Best Week Ever™:

Saint 14. Nighthawk. Praxic Fire. Gjallarhorn.

Interesting concept art of what the Heart of the Black Garden may have looked like. Definitely can see a more obtuse parallel to The Traveler here. The final murky muddy form works too, but this would have been cool to see- more sci-fi-y and less spacey-wacey.

what it needed was a unique bossfight instead of just fighting against 3 normal Minotaurs :D

or should have atleast ended with us ramming the heart with our Sparrow or something!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom