• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GutZ31

ZDcJsiN.jpg

Interesting concept art of what the Heart of the Black Garden may have looked like. Definitely can see a more obtuse parallel to The Traveler here. The final murky muddy form works too, but this would have been cool to see- more sci-fi-y and less spacey-wacey.

That Pentahedron was in the Terminus at one point back in the day. Not sure if it was just left over assets that they didn't find a use for or what, but I remember seeing that shape.

Jabronium

That's a pretty good roll dude. Mine is G&H, Flared Magwell & Clown Cartridge, it all works equally well. It's just whatever you prefer.

Yeah, so much of it is preference. I need to try my shotties and see which I like more (PC+1, Matador, and Judgment all rolled with aggressive, shot pkg, various last perks).

noomi

Guys.... which one do I keep?

Void or Solar Messenger.... I already have void scholar and void summoner....

Shard the void messenger, right?

deafmedal

Can't wait to get back Monday so I can waste fools with my BRTD, that gun is freaking awesome! Used it in my last few solo IB matches last night and was racking the kills up by being a bit conservative with it (I.e. waiting to hear the symphony of booms) then posting up somewhere safe-ish and going to town. I think I like it more than rockets :)

LiK

Judging from yesterday's IB, Messenger seemed a lot less effective against Warlock with Ram helms. The extra armor made getting headshots much tougher. They simply survived longer. It was pretty frustrating against a team with 3-4 Ram locks. All their dumbass overshields and Nova bombs. Going back to using a TWL and Thorn was much more effective. I'll be doing that much more if the other team has ANY Ram heads.

God I want a void messenger :(

Out of my 4 trips to Mercury I've gotten 3 of the 4 weapons I want, so I shouldn't be complaining much. That's the last one though.

what it needed was a unique bossfight instead of just fighting against 3 normal Minotaurs :D

or should have atleast ended with us ramming the heart with our Sparrow or something!

Red Bull Quest ;)

That Pentahedron was in the Terminus at one point back in the day. Not sure if it was just left over assets that they didn't find a use for or what, but I remember seeing that shape.

Hmmmm. Wish I could have seen that!

Definitely Nighthawk because that's what I got from NF this week.

Yep. Usually is the case lol. I'd hold off on leveling the one you got in case there's a better stat roll tomorrow. :p

You're a crazy person! Keep both! Shard some other thing.

ocean

Banned
Judging from yesterday's IB, Messenger seemed a lot less effective against Warlock with Ram helms. The extra armor made getting headshots much tougher. They simply survived longer. It was pretty frustrating against a team with 3-4 Ram locks. All their dumbass overshields and Nova bombs. Going back to using a TWL and Thorn was much more effective. I'll be doing that much more if the other team has ANY Ram heads.
They survive 2 Thorn headshots and 4 TLW body shots. Rams are the worst.

noomi

Keep both IMO. Shard something else.

Sounds like you've got plenty of options!

Shard some shitty Fusion Rifle instead

You're a crazy person! Keep both! Shard some other thing.

I keep getting trials weapons in void for some reason. I have had had 6 or 7 messengers drop too, including 3 last week :|

Can't wait to get back Monday so I can waste fools with my BRTD, that gun is freaking awesome! Used it in my last few solo IB matches last night and was racking the kills up by being a bit conservative with it (I.e. waiting to hear the symphony of booms) then posting up somewhere safe-ish and going to town. I think I like it more than rockets :)

I got some pretty decent rolls on mine, but haven't really used it much since everyone is rocking rocket launchers. What rolls do you have on yours?

I followed this guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ine_guns_gun_and_reforging_tier_list_for_pvp/

God I want a void messenger :(

Out of my 4 trips to Mercury I've gotten 3 of the 4 weapons I want, so I shouldn't be complaining much. That's the last one though.

That's how I feel about the jewel lol, please RNG PLEASE

WHERE IS MAH SOLAR JEWEL!

LiK

They survive 2 Thorn headshots and 4 TLW body shots. Rams are the worst.

It was awful. We ended up getting matched with teams with multiple Ram Locks and we had none on our team, iirc. I'm gonna max out my own Ram Lock and use him in the next IB cuz I wanna be the biggest asshole.

My Ram Lock will also use Red Death/Thorn, Matador and whatever heavy I feel like using at the time. 100% asshole mode

ocean

Banned
It was awful. We ended up getting matched with teams with multiple Ram Locks and we had none on our team, iirc. I'm gonna max out my own Ram Lock and use him in the next IB cuz I wanna be the biggest asshole.

My Ram Lock will also use Red Death/Thorn, Matador and whatever heavy I feel like using at the time. 100% asshole mode
Dream Nightmare team: 6 Warlocks rocking Ram and high Dis spamming Viking Funeral / Touch of Flame Firebolts.

*shudder*

phen0m24

Thorn/Her Courtesy/Ash Factory

BRING IT let's do this

my RAMlock is
almost
ready

Hoping this weekend I can find people to do Vault of Glass once and for all. After that I am considering taking a one week break. I've started to notice some signs of addiction already (as in playing for more than two hours every day and going later and later to bed everytime, plus checking the companion app when not playing, or following this thread).

LiK

I had no idea until 2 days ago that that helmet increased their base health to this degree. it just seems wrong...

Imagine trying to hold down control points with 3-4 of these guys with overshields, firebolt and axiom nades and OP melee. It was ridiculous.

deafmedal

I got some pretty decent rolls on mine, but haven't really used it much since everyone is rocking rocket launchers. What rolls do you have on yours?

I followed this guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ine_guns_gun_and_reforging_tier_list_for_pvp/

AB, HH, SB, RF :)

SB only subtracts 4 bullets so no biggie. When I get another I'll roll for AB, HF, QD and RF but I wouldn't complain with the same rolls, recoil is fine and range is fantastic... *Tackk,Takkk,Takkk* dead, repeat :)

Edit:
It's been banned from competitive matches for this reason. It's a crazy advantage for high level play.

What the hell does this even mean? Are these "competitive matches" using Thorn or Lightning grenades or supers or etc etc etc? I don't get it, but I'm a scrub lol.

noomi

I was talking to Macello about this last night. Wouldn't it be nice if....

Once we get a weapon from PoE or ToO, we could reforge it for a random burn and perks.... do it Bungie I know you read gaf....

PuMa

Once we get a weapon from PoE or ToO, we could reforge it for a random burn and perks.... do it Bungie I know you read gaf....

Umm, yes, I would like that.

iOU5hTijnRTnG.gif

LiK

Maybe in 6 months

Nuszka

Took me hour and a half to complete 4x poe28 lord of wolves is mine!!! Surprisingly i only stumbled on people that where experienced and compared to other poe's it seemed like a lat of fun with random rounds, objectives and modifiers. Got 2 legendary engram one turned in to P&T. Good day.

ocean

Banned
Took me hour and a half to complete 4x poe28 lord of wolves is mine!!! Surprisingly i only stumbled on people that where experienced and compared to other poe's it seemed like a lat of fun with random rounds, objectives and modifiers. Got 2 legendary engram one turned in to P&T. Good day.
Bounty only takes 4x lv28 I thought it'd take like twice that.

PuMa

I did one final POE28 last night to complete my Queen's Bow bounty. One dude left right at the beginning. Fortunately, the other guy was competent enough and we still were able to steamroll through with just the two of us. Felt good.

Nuszka

On topic of Ram. See a lot of folk complaining about it, but this is Bungie we are talking about, tbh i am starting to think the more expansions we get the more unbalanced crucible will become. Only solution to me is that every warlock that has it should be wearing it, look what happened to AR's. If you can't beat them just join em.
This might be bad saying it but i do not consider pvp in destiny in any way or form competitive, to me its just a fun mode to play around and shoot at other. Yes you can take it seriously but you would just get frustrated at things like the Ram, god trio of HC, some supers clearly better then other and especially lag, very bad sometimes...
I do hope i am wrong and they will rebalance some weapons and stuff but until then we will have unwritten rules established by folk that take it very seriously like this http://adamantdestiny.clanwebsite.com/page/competitive
No words, seems like those people are playing the wrong game.

Any cool cats have a gorgon checkpoint? Preferably someone with a history of gifting gjallarhorns

I have hard gorgons.

Hoping this weekend I can find people to do Vault of Glass once and for all. After that I am considering taking a one week break. I've started to notice some signs of addiction already (as in playing for more than two hours every day and going later and later to bed everytime, plus checking the companion app when not playing, or following this thread).

You want to do VoG now?

LiK

Titans need a 10% armor buff when tTK comes out. We can not be out-armored by Ram Warlocks, come on Bungie.

Titans have been out-armored by Warlocks since day one. It's pretty stupid how weak Titans are compared to Warlocks. We should be able to take them on in 1v1 melee fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom