• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
Titans have been out-armored by Warlocks since day one. It's pretty stupid how weak Titans are compared to Warlocks. We should be able to take them on in 1v1 melee fights.
It's crazy that Warlocks have a longer range melee which awards overshield on hit while Titans have a lower range one melee which only buffs on a kill instead of on hit.

Punch bros are the worst at punching.

TomShoe

Banned
Hmmm. I'm trying to figure out how I can get all the DLC as cheaply as possible. I own the base game, but buying all the DLC separately would set me back $75. That's why I'm glad the Legendary version exists, because retail discs drop in price quickly. The expansion pass has been $35 for a long time.

If I sold my base copy, waited for the Legendary Edition to drop to $40, then bought that, would I keep all of my characters? That way, all the DLC would run about $25 if I got $10 of trade in value and my 20% GCU discount.

Kyoufu

It's crazy that Warlocks have a longer range melee which awards overshield on hit while Titans have a lower range one melee which only buffs on a kill instead of on hit.

I main-switched from Titan to Warlock. Once you go lock you don't go bock.

LiK

Exactly. Even if Titans aren't given the melee range advantage like with Warlocks, at least give them Overshields or something. We don't really have many advantages in comparison to other classes.

Hoping the Solar subclass will change things up.

PuMa

Yeah, punch bros need a different name.

LiK

I main-switched from Titan to Warlock. Once you go lock you don't go bock.

Warlock jumps are still ass. My PVP main these days is the Hunter. I went back to the Titan for Trials last week and IB this week for old times sake. But I'll probably let her have a PVP vacation again.

blazeuk

I need to quick level The Ram for tomorrow, I've been getting to Mercury without it so far but any extra armour I can get I'll take it especially seeing that video and the extra hits it allows you to take - my Warlock is my least favourite PvP character too, so whatever helps me is a win.

Hmmm. I'm trying to figure out how I can get all the DLC as cheaply as possible. I own the base game, but buying all the DLC separately would set me back $75. That's why I'm glad the Legendary version exists, because retail discs drop in price quickly. The expansion pass has been $35 for a long time.

If I sold my base copy, waited for the Legendary Edition to drop to $40, then bought that, would I keep all of my characters? That way, all the DLC would run about $25 if I got $10 of trade in value and my 20% GCU discount.
IMO that would be the cheapest method. And you do keep all your characters.

X-Frame

Titans have been out-armored by Warlocks since day one. It's pretty stupid how weak Titans are compared to Warlocks. We should be able to take them on in 1v1 melee fights.

I don't mind the range differences between the classes. What I do mind is that, anecdotally the damage differences are negligible between classes. Same with the melee speed. If all classes wear an Increased Melee Attack Speed item, the speeds differences seem also negligible. So the actual functional differences all boil down to range right now.

Warlock's can slap the air from far away all they want but the damage should be much lower. If I get within the current melee range of a Titan, I should be all but dead or disoriented/stunned/knocked back if the Titan punches me in the face. Titan melee damage should be noticeably higher and faster if they have the shortest range. Seriously, there should be repercussions for getting into the current melee range of a Titan, especially with shotguns so powerful AND and always-on radar.

That isn't even getting into the actual abilities. Storm fist does what, +10 damage over regular melee? Useless. That should be way higher.

I never played enough of the Hunter class to compare with their melee though. Blink Strike seemed to have great range too and good ability upgrades.

noomi

Took me hour and a half to complete 4x poe28 lord of wolves is mine!!! Surprisingly i only stumbled on people that where experienced and compared to other poe's it seemed like a lat of fun with random rounds, objectives and modifiers. Got 2 legendary engram one turned in to P&T. Good day.

Awesome dude congrats, it's super fun to use and definitely my favorite exotic of out the three :D

Get to leveling that bad boy if you can!

Nuszka

Awesome dude congrats, it's super fun to use and definitely my favorite exotic of out the three :D

Get to leveling that bad boy if you can!

Looks very cool, shoots very cool. Took it unleveed to crucible got 2.0 k/d only using it , range is bad so you have to get in there but i think all shotys should share it.

Exactly. Even if Titans aren't given the melee range advantage like with Warlocks, at least give them Overshields or something. We don't really have many advantages in comparison to other classes.

Hoping the Solar subclass will change things up.

I've been whining about this forever about Titans.

There is NO way at all that any other class should out punch a Titan IF the Titan gets the first punch in. The overshield is a little much.

Titan is basically wearing a refrigerator. Warlock is wearing a bathrobe.

LiK

Wouldn't that mean extending the melee range from 0?

If Titans had auto Overshields from being attacked by a melee hit, it would make much more sense. Warlocks automatically getting Overshields from attacking with melee makes it near impossible to kill them in slap fights.

I've been whining about this forever about Titans.

There is NO way at all that any other class should out punch a Titan IF the Titan gets the first punch in. The overshield is a little much.

Titan is basically wearing a refrigerator. Warlock is wearing a bathrobe.

A sexy bathrobe though.

Deku Tree

On topic of Ram. See a lot of folk complaining about it, but this is Bungie we are talking about, tbh i am starting to think the more expansions we get the more unbalanced crucible will become. Only solution to me is that every warlock that has it should be wearing it, look what happened to AR's. If you can't beat them just join em.
This might be bad saying it but i do not consider pvp in destiny in any way or form competitive, to me its just a fun mode to play around and shoot at other. Yes you can take it seriously but you would just get frustrated at things like the Ram, god trio of HC, some supers clearly better then other and especially lag, very bad sometimes...
I do hope i am wrong and they will rebalance some weapons and stuff but until then we will have unwritten rules established by folk that take it very seriously like this http://adamantdestiny.clanwebsite.com/page/competitive
No words, seems like those people are playing the wrong game.

I can't find it now but there was a front page post on reddit a few days ago that listed all the comments Bungie has made in the last year about their goals regarding weapons balancing patches and explained quite clearly how Bungie has failed miserably in accomplishing their goals like "being able to bring a large variety of weapons into the crucible and remaining competitive" or something like that.

I can't find it now but there was a front page post on reddit a few days ago that listed all the comments Bungie has made in the last year about their goals regarding weapons balancing patches and explained quite clearly how Bungie has failed miserably in accomplishing their goals like "being able to bring a large variety of weapons into the crucible and remaining competitive" or something like that.

I remember that post. It was pretty damning haha.

LiK

You don't need to look for it. Bungie has failed and will continue to fail.

LiK

I love that Bungie thought lowering the shottie firerate would balance them. The higher impact has made them much more deadlier than any Fusion gun in PVP.

Hedera

Well, now I regret not wasting more motes on trying to get the Ram last week (still got two helmets I was missing).

Woof. IB last night was rough. I ran with a few GAFers, but it was straight up Thorn City in there. I can usually finish Iron Wrath in 1-2 matches, but I had zero luck last night.

On the plus side, I did finish another PoE34 and turned in the cipher to Variks. How many days before the next part of the quest?

ocean

Banned
Definitely. If any primary, you would expect it from a Scout Rifle not a hand cannon.
Poor Scouts. Scholar and Ghaleon's Fire ultra slowly and require three shots. Messenger and Thorn fire more quickly, for practical purposes have equivalent range, and kill in 2 shots
#balance

TsuWave

This is just disgusting.

honestly think the last word is a worse offender than thorn, not in usage but in being op, i can counter thorn on most occasions but the last word is just ridiculous, it randomly does 111 dmg the range is absurd for a gun that's supposedly a low mid to close quarters one, and all that coupled with the fire rate and iirc best base reload time out of all hand cannons, thing needs nerfing. felwinter's sniper needs nerfing. and thorn's DOT needs to be brought down from 7 to 3 and it needs to stop showing your position when you're hit and hopefully they get rid of the green screen burning thing it does when you get hit.

also, has bungie ever acknowledge/address the pvp lag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom