• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just disgusting.

colinfarreldisgusted.gif

If you play ToO then you know and expect it to be high but just seeing that stat is vomit inducing. Bungie Please

honestly think the last word is a worse offender than thorn, not in usage but in being op, i can counter thorn on most occasions but the last word is just ridiculous, it randomly does 111 dmg the range is absurd for a gun that's supposedly a low mid to close quarters one, and all that coupled with the fire rate and iirc best base reload time out of all hand cannons, thing needs nerfing. felwinter's sniper needs nerfing. and thorn's DOT needs to be brought down from 7 to 3 and it needs to stop showing your position when you're hit and hopefully they get rid of the green screen burning thing it does when you get hit.

also, has bungie ever acknowledge/address the pvp lag?

Problem is with weapon balancing. TLW at least requires practice and skill to use. So it being OP in the right hands isn't that bad.

Where is that from?

The same RAM video, it has links in description to the survey etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...st_used_weapons_by_for_5000_trials_of_osiris/

PuMa

Poor Scouts. Scholar and Ghaleon's Fire ultra slowly and require three shots. Messenger and Thorn fire more quickly, for practical purposes have equivalent range, and kill in 2 shots
#balance

Seriously. Just increase the fire rate for Scholar/Gheleon's!

th3dude

Bungie likes to act (i.e. balance) based on data.

Thorn usage is >50%, yet they are silent on it. Bungie pls...

Wait, is Thorn the gun that adds that damn DoT? Man I hate that shit. Do any other guns do that? (I'm new to the end game..)

The only primary, that's for sure.

Pair that with long range, high impact, and decent stability, and you have an OP weapon.

deadduck

Thorn usage is >50%, yet they are silent on it. Bungie pls...

Not silent, Luke Smith gave an interview at E3 (can't find it now) that they know exotic HC are overused and they need addressing.

The nerf is coming, but I'm not expecting it until TK.

This is just disgusting.

I'd like to see Felwinters, Party Crasher, and Matador rolled into one (33.7%) since they are mostly all the same weapon. I would guess that a high impact sniper group would would make the top 5 to be paired with TLW.

Edit..what is the source for this? Did they share the raw data?

LiK

I laugh every time when I think about how Bungie screwed up the Necrochasm because they straight up nerfed ARs globally.

The exotic gun that takes the longest and most effort to get is also the shittiest exotic in the game.

I was running Red Death last night in IB and holding my own against the Thorners. As long as you're not getting team shot by it they can peg you twice and as long as you down them the sliver of health regen that you get before the next burn hits you is enough to keep you alive.

Shito

I laugh every time when I think about how Bungie screwed up the Necrochasm because they straight up nerfed ARs globally.

The exotic gun that takes the longest and most effort to get is also the shittiest exotic in the game.
I'm ok with them making mistakes like this one, but I really can't understand their reaction of stating afterwards that the gun is "working as intended", and never fixing it.
If anything I find this more aggravating and rage-inducing than the "emotegate"...

Namikaze1

Hey! Don't be talking shit about Necrochasm!

Not silent, Luke Smith gave an interview at E3 (can't find it now) that they know exotic HC are overused and they need addressing.

Which is absurd. This has been rampant for a long time now.

You kill people way to easily, and quickly in PvP. The TTK times need to be lengthened. So many guns kill you in two or three bursts. Takes a lot of skill out of it.

I can understand the sniper headshot, and shotgun UP CLOSE one shot kills.

Something drastic needs to happen for this game to come anywhere close to being balanced. Taking out perks such as shot package and send it would help. They have to do something about the balance, otherwise this game will never have truly competitive PvP.

There is a clan out there who has made their own subset of rules and have banned certain items, and perks in order to balance it.

Here it is.
http://adamantdestiny.clanwebsite.com/page/competitive

BokehKing

Banned
You know...
I wouldn't have minded an Iron Banner that wasn't control. Maybe just Clash.

Any reason as to why it would not work you think?

So i was reading about the tempered buff and it grants you bonus exp for 12 hours. Can you buy several of them or do you have to choose a day to buy it? Since the buff varies depending on the day...

Nuszka

Thanks , seems like i am done with poe then, all summer in crucible and nightfalls once a week. Need to finish witcher, sf5 beta end of this month. Think i am sorted until tTK.

LiK

So i was reading about the tempered buff and it grants you bonus exp for 12 hours. Can you buy several of them or do you have to choose a day to buy it? Since the buff varies depending on the day...

One. You can buy it anytime. It simply expires after 12 hours and is restocked. The buffs increase each day.

th3dude

You're right, I remember his comments about it.

Here's hoping!

Also, I'd love to use ARs again.

Sofa King

Hand cannon nerf coming just in time for XB1 owners to get their Hawkmoons.

Bungie better bring more trophies on TTK... all my trophy hunting friends left the game because we didn't get new trophies. :/

They can also add trophies for existing stuff in the game:

1. Kill Templar without it teleporting even once.
2. Kill Atheon without using any heavy weapons.
3. Build the spire without losing any sync plates to the vex.
4. Defend the conflux with 0 sacrifices.
5. Clear the abyss without killing a single thrall.
6. Defeat Crota with one sword.
and so on...

Great community! I always try to help out when I can especially to new players.
I wont be able to play/be there when TTK is release. Its a matter of time, till RL choices take over my life :/

I'm so tired when I first saw RL I immediately read that as Rocket Launcher, until I read the parts XD but yea man, RL definitely takes precedence. Always have to take care of that first. Sounds like at least a couple of us won't be able to play day 1, and I'm sure mid-September is busy for a lot of people with school/exams and whatnot. Assuming school still starts in August >_<

Kyoufu

They can also add trophies for existing stuff in the game:

1. Kill Templar without it teleporting even once.
2. Kill Atheon without using any heavy weapons.
3. Build the spire without losing any sync plates to the vex.
4. Defend the conflux with 0 sacrifices.
5. Clear the abyss without killing a single thrall.
6. Defeat Crota with one sword.
and so on...

Obtain Black Hammer after defeating Crota for the first time.

At this rate, Xbox owners will get Hawkmoon before me.

I'd say this is garanteed considering how RNG on Xbone seems to be cooler (Narmer's Horn and Stabie's BlackHammer are proof of this).

No trophies in the expansion packs was a straight ripoff!

Agreed. Btw, how is your trophy hunting these days? I noticed we play a lot of the same games!

I started and finished Hohokum last night. Only the speedrun trophy left, but that's gonna take some practice.

Edit: Top of the page! guess who still rulez in this game?

tumblr_mrr71hKMWf1qdqlkxo1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom