• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
why nerf shotties? their range are utter shit. They are useless outside of arm's length

Are we talking about the same game?

I'm an avid shotgun abuser, and yes, they have ridiculous range.

Felwinter's, Invective, Found Verdict, Party Crasher, Matador... You can mop up an entire room from outside the room.

Unstable

Just got these from PoE 28.

CI60coFVEAAmDAs.jpg

EL CUCO

This sounds pretty close to vanilla Thorn which was useless.
Read my mind as I read that post.

No thanks.

Just a range nerf and maaaybe a slight ROF nerf should be enough to prevent Thorn users from double tapping everything in sight.

th3dude

Auto Rifles require 0 skill.

Why do people want them back?

Not sure if serious.

ARs are the funnest, in my opinion, and I want them back.

How is their skill requirement any different than anything else? With less damage, you have to put more shots into the enemies, so you have to know how to survive to do that.

Not sure if serious.

How is their skill requirement any different than anything else? With less damage, you have to put more shots into the enemies, so you have to know how to survive to do that.

Yeah I kind of miss using ARs.

I was going to say that nerfing the exotic HCs would make them even more worthless in PvE, but then I remembered that you should never unequip Gjallarhorn anyway so it doesn't matter. lol

They're not if you have shot package and accurized ballistics. Which is why there's basically only one shotgun configuration worth using (high impact, high range).

These would be just pvp changes.
This sounds pretty close to vanilla Thorn which was useless.

Trying to make it so they can't compete with snipers from across the map. Which is what it can do.

nOoblet16

Thorn nerf:
  • Remove Send it
  • Decrease DoT from 5 ticks*7 dmg (35) to something like 3 ticks *10dmg (30)

Based on Armor Specs, Health ranges from
191 to 203.

2* Headshots + DoT:
84 + 84 + (5*7) = 203
Reduced DoT:
84 + 84 + (3*10) = 198 (close enough to the mid armor range)

3* body shots is the same 168 dmg, just 3*56.

This way, if your spec is ~50% armor or less, you wouldn't survive and higher armor players are rewarded with being alive.
Yea as of now putting armour into your stats provide no practical benefit when it comes to the actual number of shot it takes to kill you (2 shot snipers will still 2 shot you on body shots, two thorn head shot will still kill you etc)...unless you wear RAM.

Kyne

why nerf shotties? their range are utter shit. They are useless outside of arm's length

because Scout Rifles are boring as fuck and give me hand cramps.

I had to shard my Mida Multitool because I start to hurt bad from that constant Stapler R2 button pressing

Gomu_Gomu_no_Pistol.png

zewone

because Scout Rifles are boring as fuck and give me hand cramps.

I had to shard my Mida Multitool because I start to hurt bad from that constant Stapler R2 button pressing

Roll a full auto NL Shadow.

Not sure if serious.

You hold down a button and aim in the general direction of the thing you want to die. You literally don't have to lift a finger.

It requires no skill, so it should not be as deadly as any of the other classes. It's not a precision weapon so it should get no precision bonus damage from headshots. I feel ARs are exactly where they deserve to be.

PuMa

Arm's length? I've been killed many many many times by people with Felwinters/Matadar/Party Crasher at much greater distances...

They need to get rid of shot package.

nOoblet16

You must not have played the game in the past 4 months or so, basically since Felwinter went on sale.
With Shotpackage and maxed out range you can get some bullshit level kills with a shotgun....even more if you have knee pads.

Yea as of now putting armour into your stats provide no practical benefit when it comes to the actual number of shot it takes to kill you (2 shot snipers will still 2 shot you on body shots, two thorn head shot will still kill you etc)...unless you wear RAM.

I put snipers in a class of their own. Headshot with any sniper will always be a OHK (except when rezzed and lower impact will not OHK).

EL CUCO

I two shot people with my Hopscotch Pilgrim.

If Thorn/TLW weren't OP we would be complaing about them needing a buff.
Pulse rifles are different though. When I get shot by a high impact burst, the slower ROF usually give enough time to recognize it and quickly back off. People get in trouble when they try to challenge after being tagged by one.

But I agree, people will find something to complain about.

lt519

If Thorn gets nerfed and TLW gets fixed it will allow 3 HC to be at exactly equal level.

Thanks for replying with something more than "lol," I shouldn't have said "always." It's just extremely annoying and immature to butt into a conversation with "lol" and nothing else, even if you have talked about it before.

As for Thorn I'll just have to agree to disagree. I think the DOT is greatly over-exaggerated, I get less than 10% of my kills from that. The range can be a problem but it can also be countered with tactics and other weapons. If you are getting killed at range with a Thorn you probably need to re-think your approach, just the same as if you were getting sniped constantly. The DOT marking their location and supressing shield regen is just a perk of an exotic. Same as getting healed by a Red Death kill or having more armor with a Ram helmet. If they nerf Thorn everyone goes back to Hawkmoon or a new champion like The Messenger arises. Balancing all HCs to be the same takes away from what makes Destiny what it is.

Arm's length? I've been killed many many many times by people with Felwinters/Matadar/Party Crasher at much greater distances...

They need to get rid of shot package.

It just rolled my Judgment with Shotpackage and increased my range with the one the trades reload speed .

you shall be Judged.

People should not complain about FallWinter's Lie. The rate of fire is SO SLOW. If you miss, you are will get meleed or shotted yourslef.

the slow rate of fire makes him vulnerable

Definity

Used that focused light from the red bull promo and leveled up a bunch of stuff. Completed the daily and turned in a full set of bounties. Kinda sucks it lasts for only 30 mins though.

Used that focused light from the red bull promo and leveled up a bunch of stuff. Completed the daily and turned in a full set of bounties. Kinda sucks it lasts for only 30 mins though.

Both 7-11s near me don't have the destiny cans. I keep asking, and they have no idea what I'm talking about
I think they are liars and are keeping them for themselves

nOoblet16

I two shot people with my Hopscotch Pilgrim.

If Thorn/TLW weren't OP we would be complaing about them needing a buff.

The time between two shot with a pulse rifle is a lot higher..plus it's not two shots it's two bursts so there is a fair chance for bullets to miss completely or miss heads. One sniper shot to head is a kill but it doest make it OP.

These are different classes what's OP for one isn't necessarily OP for another.

zewone

Titans are actually the fastest class in game.
And the third class won't have blink..we already know that.

It could be changed between now and Sept but it's likely it won't have Blink.

I've never seen anyone skate in PVP. They're not fast in the normal confines of the game.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So does unlocking the "Focused Light" code qualify you to play the Red Bull quest in Sept?
Yeah.

Surely they can as they doubled shotgun damage in PvE while keeping it the same in PvP
You know, I have to assume that was part of the work they did for the new modifiers on PoE. Nerfing weapon abilities specifically seems like a losing proposition for PvE though. It's why Suros is a garbage weapon now, for one.

Is that buff one time only or can you keep on adding it with more codes?
They stack like a telemetry consumable. No idea what the stack limit is though.

nOoblet16

Thanks for replying with something more than "lol," I shouldn't have said "always." It's just extremely annoying and immature to butt into a conversation with "lol" and nothing else, even if you have talked about it before.

As for Thorn I'll just have to agree to disagree. I think the DOT is greatly over-exaggerated, I get less than 10% of my kills from that. The range can be a problem but it can also be countered with tactics and other weapons. If you are getting killed at range with a Thorn you probably need to re-think your approach, just the same as if you were getting sniped constantly. The DOT marking their location and supressing shield regen is just a perk of an exotic. Same as getting healed by a Red Death kill or having more armor with a Ram helmet. If they nerf Thorn everyone goes back to Hawkmoon or a new champion like The Messenger arises. Balancing all HCs to be the same takes away from what makes Destiny what it is.

The DOT is not exaggerated.
The DOT becomes useless because of how high the base damage is, but without that the DOT does enough damage with one shot to completely remove a shield...that should not happen. Reduce damage or reduce DOT but get that stuff off.

And the thing about changing approach is completely untrue, I don't think anyone will disagree here if I say I am very good with sniper and I have trouble against Thorn at sniper range, I have trouble against pulse rifles too but I am fine with that as it makes sense and it is possible to evade due to the fact that there is some space between two bursts. The reason for that being Thorn is the only weapon in the game that generously reward body shots...and about suppression, a HC simply should not be able to do anything...anything significant at all against a sniper at sniping range. The TTK with Thorn even at range is just as ridiculously low so you get hit and by the time you even run away you are dead or close to death (which is when DOT kicks in). Red Death heals you but it is a high risk high reward weapon in the sense that if you miss then it gives you the lowest margin of error out of any top tier weapon.

You cannot compare other weapon classes directly as I said in my previous post, if a pulse rifle is able to disorientate then that doesn't mean a HC should be able to do so at range.
No one is asking for balancing all HC, like someone said earlier we'd rather have 3 A tier weapon with variable skill ceiling than 1 S tier weapon with low skill ceiling. Hawkmoon is balanced due to its RNG, TLW outside of it's glitch is pretty fair, there is nothing that makes Thorn bad...absolutely nothing.

Trakan

Read my mind as I read that post.

No thanks.

Just a range nerf and maaaybe a slight ROF nerf should be enough to prevent Thorn users from double tapping everything in sight.

Make it Hawkmoon ROF and a range nerf on all handcannons.

Not sure if serious.

You can just hold down the trigger. They don't require any skill whatsoever. The autorifle nerf didn't even change the damage that much. Pre-patch, my Shadow Price did 27 damage per headshot. Now it does 23. That's a 1-2 bullet difference in time to kill.

Some perks make classes of guns ridiculous. All range perks as well as shot package should be flat out removed from shotguns. They'd still feel OP and be the go-to weapons. Final round should be removed from snipers or just alter them to do 99% damage instead of enough to kill in a body shot. Rockets shouldn't get horseshoes. They're too good.

Discussions are good. If one gun is causing this much discussion to begin with.... kind of says a lot.

Anyways, can't wait to test out my Party Crasher +1 tonight since I didn't get to last night.

Edit: Top of page hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom