• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I have to assume that was part of the work they did for the new modifiers on PoE. Nerfing weapon abilities specifically seems like a losing proposition for PvE though. It's why Suros is a garbage weapon now, for one.

Yeah that is possible. I agree that nerfs shouldn't extend to PvE. The bosses are already too spongy and exotics should be fun to use in PvE

LiK

I would gladly play against Bungie. I'll have my Thorn ready for them.

Remember when they used to play and make you earn their ugly emblems?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
cheaterhawk12
Kumashoooooock.

Yeah that is possible. I agree that nerfs shouldn't extend to PvE. The bosses are already too spongy and exotics should be fun to use in PvE
The other problem is that the only two primary exotics with elemental damage are terrible, so you're already disinclined from using them. You basically only use something gimmicky like NLB or Universal Remote because you're bored.

theres always gonna be something for people to whine about

True but, in some cases, when I believe the majority of people are "complaining" or "whining", it's legitimate. Yes, people will find something to complain about. But not most people. There's a difference when certain people complain about so many things, versus people that are mainly complaining about few to 1 thing.

GhaleonEB

woo, Skolas complete

that was pretty fun, and constant movement/teamwork.

Yeah, that was a great time. I think Skolas, sans Lightswitch, is the best PvE fight in the game right now. The mechanics require very tight teamwork and constant communication, while Skolas himself advances such that we have to be constantly changing positions. No setting up camp and whittling him down as with every other PoE boss.

It's also an encounter where all three classes have a chance to shine. The Hunter's invis, Titan bubble and Warlock self-res all saved our bacon at various points.

And to top it off, the loot is actually worthwhile. Can't wait to try out the Bow later today. Thanks for the run!

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
The DOT marking their location and supressing shield regen is just a perk of an exotic. Same as getting healed by a Red Death kill or having more armor with a Ram helmet.

Which is why the god damn thorn dot shouldn't kill my red death heal

ocean

Banned
thorn has better rate of fire than TLW??
Lol no
The thing about the exotic HCs is that they're so damn hard to class. They break archetypes in a mean way.

Thorn has TDYD-archetype RoF but has impact from the class above that (Fatebringer-types).
Hawkmoon has Fatebringer-archetype RoF but has Ill Will/Timur's impact.
TLW is in its own bubble. It fires fast as hell and does high impact damage. Higher than Hawkmoon if you hipfire. It's ridiculous.

The only problem with TLW is the 111 damage proc on ADS. If it were only on hipfire, the range/accuracy limitation and having 8 bullets would make it pretty balanced.

Thorn just has one too many DoT ticks. It should be a 3 headshot kill (like every HC) because the shield regen delay is enough of a buff (along with ticks marking movement on screen).

Hawkmoon is RoF limited and hardly "broken", it's a solid but not OP weapon.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Lol no
The thing about the exotic HCs is that they're so damn hard to class. They break archetypes in a mean way.

Thorn has TDYD-archetype RoF but has impact from the class above that (Fatebringer-types).
TLW is in its own bubble. It fires fast as hell and does high impact damage. Higher than Hawkmoon if you hipfire. It's ridiculous.

The only problem with TLW is the 111 damage proc on ADS. If it were only on hipfire, the range/accuracy limitation and having 8 bullets would make it pretty balanced.

Thorn just has one too many DoT ticks. It should be a 3 headshot kill (like every HC) because the shield regen delay is enough of a buff (along with ticks marking movement on screen).

Yes. Take off a single Thorn DoT tick. Fix the TLW ADS bug.

Boom HCs balanced.

Shito

theres always gonna be something for people to whine about
Not a fan of this type of sentences, because you could apply it to anything and make it so we don't talk about anything anymore.
"Oh they want more vault space? Well, there's always gonna be something for people to whine about... *reggieshrug*"

This is DGAF after all!

That being said Thorn does need to be nerfed range-wise

its not the thread its just the nature of crucible, and competitive gaming i guess

I've played enough iron banner to know that some people never think they deserve to die.. its always some "bullshit" or other

zewone

It should be a 3 headshot kill (like every HC)

Hawkmoon has a 39% chance of being a 2 headshot kill.

I'm pretty sure you can roll a Ghetto Hawkmoon from an Ill Will with LitC and Final Round and a mag reducing perk which makes it a 2 shot kill as well.

Lol no

I like my TLW and Thorn the way they are, dont give bungie any ideas!

Daemul

Titans are actually the fastest class in the game.

Titans are actually the fastest class in game.
And the third class won't have blink..we already know that.

Titans are only the fastest class if you skate, which most Titans users don't know how to do. For someone like me who has mastered skating I could live without blink since I can dodge anything and play cat and mouse with bladedancers all day, but for the average Titan player they need something like blink to even up the odds against the other two classes.

The class talent trees we saw at E3 were said to be outdated builds, so I'm still holding out hope that Bungie are just keeping things hush hush and will announce the new Titan subclass getting blink or something similar later on, because it makes no sense for them not to have it now. Pre release it did since people assumed that the Titans were the designated tanks and therefore slow, but they are not the tanks nor the slowest class, that honour belongs to the Warlocks, so if the slow ass Warlocks can get blink than so can the Titans.

t0rment

I'm pretty sure you can roll a Ghetto Hawkmoon from an Ill Will with LitC and Final Round and a mag reducing perk which makes it a 2 shot kill as well.

and thorn is a guaranteed 2 hs kill with a better fire rate and tracking. hawkmoon is not op.

i should just use thorn all the time, if you can't beat them, join them, bungie doesn't give a fuck anyway.

zewone

I wish I had TLW. It looks insanely fun to use and I'm willing to bet it's an R2 trigger killer for the DS4. :p

It is, I broke my first DS4 R2 trigger from how much I used the TLW.

My 2nd DS4 R2 was on it's way of going out, so I forced myself to learn how to use auto fire with TLW so I can stop spending money on controllers.

Auto fire is less accurate, but I've used it so much now that I am back to destroying people with the gun.

I wish I had TLW. It looks insanely fun to use and I'm willing to bet it's an R2 trigger killer for the DS4. :p

That's why I like TLW. It's decent, somewhat skilled, and fun to use. Plus aesthetically it's great. I wish more exotics were like it. Thorn on the other hand, it's just boring.

I'd probably use titans a lot more in crucible if their new subclass had blink. Their new Super looks nice as do the grenades. If only their melee didn't suck. :(

Mindlog

It's not skating. It's skiing.
I've been doing it for a while just not with lift. The Exclusion Zone has some fantastic terrain for this purpose. It's just a taste of what Tribes was.
Kumashoooooock.

The other problem is that the only two primary exotics with elemental damage are terrible, so you're already disinclined from using them. You basically only use something gimmicky like NLB or Universal Remote because you're bored.
Monte Carlo is as good or better for Titan Punchbros as Bad Juju is for Warlocks. Been saying it for a while, but hopefully more players start participating.

ocean

Banned

I love Hawkmoon and also own a ghetto Legendary version :p
The thing is:

You just never know when Hawkmoon is gonna 2 shot, vs Thorn which is guaranteed and fires more quickly. What makes HM really good is when you get the double-proc and your headshot does 168; follow-up *body* shot gets a kill. Again, you can't plan for it though.

If you make a Ghettomoon from Ill Will or Tomur's Lash you're looking at even worse RoF (terribad)
If you make it from a Red Hand type, you can get the double headshot when you get the perk to proc but again, that's unreliable. And you have to make serious sacrifices to either stability or range to use these.

there sure is

ooo sick call back brah

gRlb0YO.gif

thats basically my opinion lol

the feel of all the exotic hand cannons is one of my primary enjoyments of crucible.. they're all guns that i never use in PvE

ocean

Banned
TLW doing 111 on ADS is a glitch. That bonus damage is clearly stated in the perk description to be intended only for hipfire.

As for Thorn... I don't know man. Having a fast-firing 2 shotting high range HC affects the meta of literally the entire game. No single weapon has such a profound effect on effective play styles.

These need fixing, and I say this as someone who uses Hand Cannons exclusively in PvE and PvP.

If there is anyone here that want´s to join me and my brother for trials this weekend, feel free to let me know. Not looking to carry anyone as we are not that skilled, so its important that you can bring your own game if you want to go to murcury :)

ooo sick call back brah

gRlb0YO.gif

thats basically my opinion lol

the feel of all the exotic hand cannons is one of my primary enjoyments of crucible.. they're all guns that i never use in PvE

I get smashed a lot when using TLW, so its not OP in a moderate skilled persons hands. its not OP like my Mythoclast was prenerf. that shit was crazy awesome, but I understand why they nerfed it.

EL CUCO

I'm hoping I can get a Spear to drop this weekend. I'd like to reroll my OG Spear with FR to use it exclusively for shooting Thorn users on the toe with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom