• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
I'm hoping I can get a Spear to drop this weekend. I'd like to reroll my OG Spear with FR to use it exclusively for shooting Thorn users on the toe with it.
I have a FR LDR just for that situation. So good to outscumbag the scumbags.

Skele7on

Banned
Hey Skele7on

welcome back

Talking about Thorn

what else

HA typical.

So thorn is OP because it automatically gives you the chance 4 two hit kills

The rest is based on our good ol' pal RNG

Way's to fix this remove two bullets from hawkmoon that way higher proc chance.
As for TLW slightly adjust max fire rate that would probably fix it.

As for guns I actually love the POE Scout Rifle it fires like a beast,,,

I also have the perfect cheap E spear which I don't care about using in Trials, wins a win.

I got this ridiculous roll on a party crasher +1 last night, straight from RNG

CI3EiDTXAAAGlLc.jpg

HA typical.

As for guns I actually love the POE Scout Rifle it fires like a beast,,,

I also have the perfect cheap E spear which I don't care about using in Trials, wins a win.

I got this ridiculous roll on a party crasher +1 last night, straight from RNG

CI3EiDTXAAAGlLc.jpg

I have a Party crasher with:

agressive ballistics
Shot Package
Reinforced barrel
Final round

I am using Final verdict still...I kind of prefer the faster ROF to this party crasher

ocean

Banned
HA typical.

Making Hawkmoon and TLW even better would be insanity :p the idea is to bring their TTK a little lower, in line with everything else in the game so that the viable load out is more varied.

Making everything kill faster brings us to crappy COD territory where getting the kill just means starting the engagement.

lt519

is Fourth Horsemen good? i notice the range is fucking awful but everything else seems alright.

Absolutely melts captains in PoE, throw Field Choke and Hand Loaded on there and it helps a little. The biggest drawback is reload speed.

I get smashed a lot when using TLW, so its not OP in a moderate skilled persons hands. its not OP like my Mythoclast was prenerf. that shit was crazy awesome, but I understand why they nerfed it.

i never got to experience the pre nerf vex.. watched some youtube videos of it and looks pretty gnarly

i thought the vex was back to pretty good status before the last patch.. i still use it for that quick fusion rifle bounty and its decent with aggressive ballistics and send it, but not enough to make me switch from one of the 3 hand cannons

i just want more guns that are fun to use, not less

ocean

Banned
is Fourth Horsemen good? i notice the range is fucking awful but everything else seems alright.
Highest burst DPS you can get. It's rather insane. Get into whisper range and it kills majors more quickly than RLs or machine guns or snipers or supers.

neoism

wtf fuck guys i just updated my router because its been rebooting non stop for a few days and now I cant get on destiny it goes to the character login and then has the change perrmissions thang or something... you think it has to do with me updating my router its an netgear wnr2000
other wise my ps4 gets online fine when i turn it on.....
:(

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I ascended my 55A-Allfate and took it into IB last night. The thing is a laser beam and I think the faster rate of fire is nice for the 6v6 modes where it is more chaotic. I'll probably still use Messenger for 3v3 (until I get Pilgrim), but the Allfate definitely holds its own in the meta.

LiK

Absolutely melts captains in PoE, throw Field Choke and Hand Loaded on there and it helps a little. The biggest drawback is reload speed.

Great in PvE. Ridiculous fun. Go yolo with it. Majors will melt. I use a reload build. Fuck the range. Melt dem faces.

Great in PVE. That's about it.

Highest burst DPS you can get. It's rather insane. Get into whisper range and it kills majors more quickly than RLs or machine guns or snipers or supers.

damn, was hoping to use it for PVP. oh well

I ascended my 55A-Allfate and took it into IB last night. The thing is a laser beam and I think the faster rate of fire is nice for the 6v6 modes where it is more chaotic. I'll probably still use Messenger for 3v3 (until I get Pilgrim), but the Allfate definitely holds its own in the meta.

what perks you using?

i never got to experience the pre nerf vex.. watched some youtube videos of it and looks pretty gnarly

i thought the vex was back to pretty good status before the last patch.. i still use it for that quick fusion rifle bounty and its decent with aggressive ballistics and send it, but not enough to make me switch from one of the 3 hand cannons

it is nowhere near that lever now. Two shots back then and they died..if I remember correctly, and its a auto fusion rifle with some nice ROF. It totally smashed shit up and it was hilarious!

The Thorn and exotic HCs doesn't really need to be nerfed as hard as Bungie will

Thorn - Decrease range , increase reload times and decrease clip size to around 5.

TLW - Increase recoil during rapid fire shots. Especially when using hip fire and the full auto mechanic.

Hawkmoon - Decrease rate of fire, increase clip size to reduce chances of luck in the chamber.

Shotguns - decrease the effective range of shotguns. Make damage taper off much sooner. Longer range shots will take two, or 3 shots depending on distance. While up close shots still one shot. Or remove range increasing perks from the loot table.

Pulse Rifles are fine in my opinion.

Scout Rifles are fine in my opinion.

Sniper Rifles - remove final round from possible perks. Replace and sniper rifle with final round with a random perk from the pool.

Auto Rifles - very slightly increase precision damage.

Fusion Rifles - slightly increase charge rate times (faster).

Heavy are fine in my opinion.

Small slight changes to encourage people to use weapons their most comfortable with.
They already removed final round from all new sniper rifles. They seem to be afraid to take out old perks.

nOoblet16

Vex wasn't really back anywhere, what happened in the patch before the last was that it undid the fusion rifle nerf that the patch before that brought about.
This was the prime reason why you saw Vex a LOT for first two weeks in Trials.

nOoblet16

I don't disagree with him.

I wonder what's taking Bungie so long to patch this shit.

They don't care.
It bugged them that people used Suros in IB for a bounty that asked for auto rifles to be used...but it doesn't bug them that everyone uses Thorn and shotguns.

If Datto says something then Bungie will probably listen.

this is the kind of thing that inspired my jerky intial post lol

this guy has a problem with everything

you would think you could snipe with shotguns the way they get talked about

Well I mean, you practically can with certain perk loadouts. There is no reason to use another shotgun over Felwinters or Party Crasher(Or whatever the preferred HoW shotty is).

nOoblet16

this is the kind of thing that inspired my jerky intial post lol

this guy has a problem with everything

you would think you could snipe with shotguns the way they get talked about

There is a reason why we make jokes about sniping with a shotgun, it's because the range for one hit kills with some specific rolls is ridiculous. In terms of the game world's measurement a shotgun with specific rolls can one hit kill from about just under 10 meters...that's just shit. (Edit: sorry I meant 10 not 15)

He is also right, do not discredit him just because you do not like Datto and "he complains about everything"..his points are very valid and are echoing what many of us have been saying for a long time. A rock paper scissor gameplay is what Bungie should have had in mind while designing the game, every good game does this to prevent things from going haywire....even Gears of War (from 2 and on) which is built entirely around shotgun and the movement system is totally built around running a shotgun around the map provides enough counter measures against shotguns and disadvantages to shotguns to make other playstyles viable.

There is a reason why we make jokes about sniping with a shotgun, it's because the range for one hit kills with some specific rolls is ridiculous.

believe me i know.. i have a felwinter lie with aggro ballistics, hammer forged and shot package

i rarely feel like I'm killing someone thats outside of "shotgun range"

Well I mean, you practically can with certain perk loadouts. There is no reason to use another shotgun over Felwinters or Party Crasher(Or whatever the preferred HoW shotty is).

isn't that an inherent problem with having guns with with different stats? people are gonna figure out the ones with the best all around stats.. how do you get around that?

th3dude

Roll a full auto NL Shadow.

You hold down a button and aim in the general direction of the thing you want to die. You literally don't have to lift a finger.

It requires no skill, so it should not be as deadly as any of the other classes. It's not a precision weapon so it should get no precision bonus damage from headshots. I feel ARs are exactly where they deserve to be.

Make it Hawkmoon ROF and a range nerf on all handcannons.

You can just hold down the trigger. They don't require any skill whatsoever. The autorifle nerf didn't even change the damage that much. Pre-patch, my Shadow Price did 27 damage per headshot. Now it does 23. That's a 1-2 bullet difference in time to kill.

Some perks make classes of guns ridiculous. All range perks as well as shot package should be flat out removed from shotguns. They'd still feel OP and be the go-to weapons. Final round should be removed from snipers or just alter them to do 99% damage instead of enough to kill in a body shot. Rockets shouldn't get horseshoes. They're too good.

I don't really get the argument that they require no skill because you hold down a trigger.

Do you not have to aim?
What about full auto Pulse or Scout rifles?
What about full auto shotguns?

Does repeatedly pressing the trigger really require that much more skill than holding it down?

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
damn, was hoping to use it for PVP. oh well

what perks you using?

Red Dot OES, 3rd Eye, Brace Frame, Hidden Hand. This gives it max stability. Yes, it may require the 3rd shot sometimes, but the trade off for RoF is worth it for 6v6 I think. There's so much going on, it's rare to have true 1v1 battles with both at full health.

Trakan

Datto usually complains about nothing and does it too often, but that video was spot on.

A no-exotic playlist is a great idea and I can't believe Bungie hasn't implemented it.

isn't that an inherent problem with having guns with with different stats? people are gonna figure out the ones with the best all around stats.. how do you get around that?

You get around that by removing weapon rerolling. Bungie thought they were solving a problem with it but instead they created many. Now instead of seeing the perfect shotty every once in a while, you can just spend 10 minutes rerolling for the perfect shotty.

With the IB Felwinters atleast you had to wait to get the drop doing IB, and then you can only reroll it while IB was active. Now? You can buy some shotgun from a vendor and reroll it to have the perfect perks.

EL CUCO

I went back to look at one of my old Alpha Crucible videos, and I cant believe I was running around killing people hip firing from a Scout Rifle.. It'd be suicide to do that today.
It's like Datto has been reading my posts when he calls out Bungie for the obnoxious visual effect when hit by Thorn.

He reads GAF, doesn't he?
He does have a GAF account, but not sure how often he visits. Last time I saw him post was after Luke's infamous post.

nOoblet16

believe me i know.. i have a felwinter lie with aggro ballistics, hammer forged and shot package

i rarely feel like I'm killing someone thats outside of "shotgun range"
I believe you would be the minority with that.

And yes a game where you have different weapons from the same class will lead to a situation where you will have people trying to go for the best, but to avoid that what you do is have multiple options at same level with different playstyle. Three A tier HC with different playstyles is a better and more balanced option than having one S tier Hand canon and 2 A tier HC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom