• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never got into AR's I didn't really do crucible back then. I would definitely welcome auto rifles back though, I really want to try out my summoner.

S U R O S R E G I M E used to be the tits mcgee. It was a lot of fun to run and gun with, and then it got obliterated in the weapons patching, as did all autorifles. It wasn't necessarily that ARs were comically overpowered, it was because most people were using them.

Lnkn52

S U R O S R E G I M E used to be the tits mcgee. It was a lot of fun to run and gun with, and then it got obliterated in the weapons patching, as did all autorifles. It wasn't necessarily that ARs were comically overpowered, it was because most people were using them.

When's the next weapon rebalancing....

Weekly is today... maybe just maybe...

SkylineRKR

Suros had no recoil, ridiculous range and high impact to boot. Then the glass half full and regen chance.

It was broken. But I didn't mind it as much as the Thorn overload. I could beat Suros users with a well aimed and rolled Vanquisher or Shadow Price. Thorn/TLW seem to out DPS everything there is. TTK on those is just lower than most other primaries out there.

vctor182

yup its my second most used scout i got shitty modes though and you cant reroll poe weapons :( but my salvation state at 365 even though its got a really slow fire rate i got insane modes on it so its a beast... but yeah i love the fire rate on the leash

Yeah it really starts to shine with the balance perk.
- Fast fire rate
- Controllable recoil
- 17 mag which can be even more with triple tap

I combo it with gunslingers trance making it have no recoil at all, add some scout gloves and I have beast in my hands.

Since I don't really like doing PoE, my etheric light supply has been extremely limited, so I want to ask a question:

I was thinking of upgrading the VoG armor I've gotten so far (I just have the head and chest for my Warlock). My question is this... My chestpiece is Strength-based. Does VoG armor always drop with the same stats? I mean, is it possible to get a second one with Intelligence or a hybrid roll, or, barring that, one with a better number?

Buff auto rifles, nerf suros. It's a fairly simple solution.

Yes. I'd love to play with some of the ARs that I've kept locked in my vault. They are dust collectors atm.

Suros had no recoil, ridiculous range and high impact to boot. Then the glass half full and regen chance.

It was broken. But I didn't mind it as much as the Thorn overload. I could beat Suros users with a well aimed and rolled Vanquisher or Shadow Price. Thorn/TLW seem to out DPS everything there is. TTK on those is just lower than most other primaries out there.

True, but it could be countered by other weapons types, but especially by other ARs like Shadow Price and Vanquisher as you said. Thorn can be countered by... Thorn, and sometimes Red Death.

SkylineRKR

Since I don't really like doing PoE, my etheric light supply has been extremely limited, so I want to ask a question:

I was thinking of upgrading the VoG armor I've gotten so far (I just have the head and chest for my Warlock). My question is this... My chestpiece is Strength-based. Does VoG armor always drop with the same stats? I mean, is it possible to get a second one with Intelligence or a hybrid roll, or, barring that, one with a better number?

Random. Mine is Int, but used to own all other possible outcomes too. Numbers are random.

lt519

I still use this bad boy if I don't feel like sniping.

I may ascend this bad boy. Give/Take Equation and Plug.One both with Range Finder still don't feel as good. Holding out hope it gets a buff or that when Shotguns get nerfed it becomes relevant again. I can still almost snipe people with it though.

Compared to a Give/Take equation

kFFPl2m.png

Yeah, every drop has different stats.

SkylineRKR

I sharded my L/B with Accel coils...probably shouldn't have done that. But Perun's and Snakebite are pretty fucking good as well. If they ever re-buff FR.

I feel like all of the legendary Hand Cannons are in a fine place where they're good but still lose to most Pulse Rifles, but the exotics are definitely way too good. Can't talk about Hawkmoon because I've never seen one ingame, but TLW and Thorn are some CoD-level bs when it comes to kill times.

Honestly I'd just say ban exotics from Crucible and have a rotating gametype that allows their use. Just let the legendaries be the meta.

Lnkn52

Kinda funny looking back at the fauxrage of yore when it was announced... A majority of gamers love buying stuff for codes for loot. It's just the way it's been for a while haha. :p

It's 2 for 1 rewarding. Buy something you will eat/drink and play w/ new loot all at the same time.

I foresee many problems with the red bull promo. The code space is very tiny and seems to be non random (LOTS of 3, 4s and 7s) and people have already been "guessing" codes which means a lot of people with cans are going to be presented with "your code has already been redeemed" message, especially when the promo opens up to all retailers next month.

Its gonna be fun watching bungie and red bull scramble to figure out what to do, my guess is they will just open it up and let any typed code redeem up (even if already used) since thats going to be far easier than dealing with thousands of people yelling about their code already used.

SkylineRKR

I feel like all of the legendary Hand Cannons are in a fine place where they're good but still lose to most Pulse Rifles, but the exotics are definitely way too good. Can't talk about Hawkmoon because I've never seen one ingame, but TLW and Thorn are some CoD-level bs when it comes to kill times.

Honestly I'd just say ban exotics from Crucible and have a rotating gametype that allows their use. Just let the legendaries be the meta.

Hawkmoon relies a bit on RNG but it can 2 shot. I rate it slightly below Thorn.

I may ascend this bad boy. Give/Take Equation and Plug.One both with Range Finder still don't feel as good. Holding out hope it gets a buff or that when Shotguns get nerfed it becomes relevant again. I can still almost snipe people with it though.

Compared to a Give/Take equation

Light/Beware has a bit more stability, but I prefer the Plug for it's extra range and impact. It makes it the long range fusion rifle that people used to complain about :p

Remember when people used fusion rifles in pvp? In the before time? In the long long ago?

In my view, FRs are in a good spot. The problem are a couple of legendary shotguns that have insane range and shot package. These shotguns make FRs pointless because of their ridiculous range. One of the best counters to a shotgun is a FR. Once the range on some of these shotguns get nerf, you'll start seeing a lot of FRs again.

Trace

Banned
I foresee many problems with the red bull promo. The code space is very tiny and seems to be non random (LOTS of 3, 4s and 7s) and people have already been "guessing" codes which means a lot of people with cans are going to be presented with "your code has already been redeemed" message, especially when the promo opens up to all retailers next month.

Its gonna be fun watching bungie and red bull scramble to figure out what to do, my guess is they will just open it up and let any typed code redeem up (even if already used) since thats going to be far easier than dealing with thousands of people yelling about their code already used.

I keep getting redeem.errormsg.1040 when I'm trying to redeem mine. I don't get it.

In my view, FRs are in a good spot. The problem are a couple of legendary shotguns that have insane range and shot package. These shotguns make FRs pointless because of their ridiculous range. One of the best counters to a shotgun is a FR. Once the range on some of these shotguns get nerf, you'll start seeing a lot of FRs again.

Yeah I was already doing really well against blink shotgunners on Thieves Den with Exile's Curse, but they're still way too powerful at a range. Also feel like the special ammo patch ruined FRs a bit, maybe they should get a little more ammo at the start or more from a pickup than shotguns.

Shito

Just watched dattos video... damn... yeah he's really on point.

I love hand cannons, even before the game was released I knew they would be my weapon of choice... but in crucible... they really need some fixing.

It's coming.... we all know it.

As for shotguns welll, whatever ends up happening with them I just hope PvE shotguns aren't affected.
Yes, please, the shotgun buff was one of the best things to happen to PVE.
I don't want to have to go back to using FR...

I still do really well with auto rifles in pvp. Although Im finishing the bounty for bad juju so hopefully that's good. Worst case dismantle it and upgrade my Titan exotic chest that speeds up revive time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom