• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trakan

I don't really get the argument that they require no skill because you hold down a trigger.

Do you not have to aim?
What about full auto Pulse or Scout rifles?
What about full auto shotguns?

Does repeatedly pressing the trigger really require that much more skill than holding it down?

Every other gun you mentioned has recoil. Autorifles don't. They also don't have the fire rate that autorifles have.

Woot, get to go home from work in about 2 hours. 2 hours early!

I'm going to be playing the waiting game for my new graphics card so I won't have a mic but I'll be looking for an IB train

So much this.
So much.
This outlines my thoughts perfectly. Hawkmoon ain't too bad except maybe stealing Scout range. TLW ADS glitch needs a fix and a bit of a range cut. Thorn ticks shouldn't let a two tap kill. Shotguns have gross range.

This is exactly what I've been saying for months :p

I actually really really hope they change nothing. It took me so long to get all the right guns and figure out how to use them that if they change everything now, I'll be really pissed.

neoism

holy shit need to fine some wood to knock on i thing i fucking finally fixed my damn router......���� its been working like shit for days....ive have a few dozen games be ruined and of course it only crapped out on me with like a 1000 points to go...

zewone

I don't really get the argument that they require no skill because you hold down a trigger.

Do you not have to aim?
What about full auto Pulse or Scout rifles?
What about full auto shotguns?

Does repeatedly pressing the trigger really require that much more skill than holding it down?

Full Auto on any other weapon class requires taking up a perk (except an exotic).
ROF is much higher than any other class and no recoil.

noomi

I really wish we could trade sapphire wire for plasteel plates or weapon parts, make it happen Bungie... we're already halfway there.

DNAbro

Good timing on this video lol
https://youtu.be/BHenCd2BWNQ

Wanted to talk about this video. I tried playing a bit of Iron Banner earlier in the week but my god I wasn't having fun with everything being Thorn and TLW. It completely ruins how much fun I have with the game. I have Thorn but honestly I don't really like using it. Shit's just not fun to fight against and I get outgunned 80% of the time.

I don't think they will nerf until TTK and that's a shame.

ocean

Banned
I actually really really hope they change nothing. It took me so long to get all the right guns and figure out how to use them that if they change everything now, I'll be really pissed.
I'm a fairly decent player with TLW. I'm averaging 1.3 lately with 15+ kills per game. No super star but competent.

But the game would be more fun for all of things didn't kill so fast. I'd have to relearn how to play but if I see you first, by the time my TLW has killed you you have zero reaction window. That's not fun.

Kyoufu

Remember when people used fusion rifles in pvp? In the before time? In the long long ago?

I was leveling my Warlock in PVP and was dominating with a white Fusion Rifle at level 11 against Thorn/Shotgun users in Rumble. Okay the domination didn't last long but it was pretty hilarious for a while. FRs are still good but no reason to use one over a Shotgun. :(

BurningNad

I love using fusion rifles in PVP. I dont feel very confident with shotguns and after resetting my Thorn progress to 0 while learning one, I switched to fusion and got 100 points back in a few games.

I guess I'm just stealth bitching that I need a Word of Crota. :/

ich00

Remember when people used fusion rifles in pvp? In the before time? In the long long ago?

Ha! I was just playing some PvE and IB last night with a friend and he was using fusion rifles for both exclusively. I tried to warn him about it before we played and just wouldn’t listen.

I can't recall a time when I've used a FR, outside of the occasional bounty that pops up, for anything.

Lnkn52

I'm glad FRs are less used. Hated them. Their range can be ridiculous.

I remember those days, everyone charging their guns waiting for a head to pop out. Nowadays you have people crouching and camping corners w/ their shotguns.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Last night was the first time I saw as many MIDA Tools as Thorns in crucible. YALL ARE COPYIN ME

Trace

Banned
Anyone know if you can't get legendary crucible drops until a certain level? I'm still rocking all rares, and every game I see LGH/Party Crasher/Ash Factory drop for someone who really doesn't need it.

neoism

Wolve's Leash is an underrated weapon, it's surprisingly good in Crucible

yup its my second most used scout i got shitty modes though and you cant reroll poe weapons :( but my salvation state at 365 even though its got a really slow fire rate i got insane modes on it so its a beast... but yeah i love the fire rate on the leash

Monster Zero

I use give/take equation with hidden/ACC.coils/runner in PvP, it's my favorite gun in the game, I wreck shit with it. I've only been playing a month, but the only useless weapon in PvP feels like auto rifles to me. I can't imagine fusion rifles having been stronger lol

That Datto video is pretty well done. I think the most cogent point is the one he makes regarding power creep. I normally fall in the 'buffing the bad as opposed to nerfing the good' camp, but Destiny's PvP needs to get hit with a bucket of molasses. TTK is way to low for the most used primaries, and that combined with the obnoxiousness of blink and the range of shotguns makes for a completely chaotic experience right now.

I use give/take equation with hidden/ACC.coils/runner in PvP, it's my favorite gun in the game, I wreck shit with it. I've only been playing a month, but the only useless weapon in PvP feels like auto rifles to me. I can't imagine fusion rifles having been stronger lol

I love give/take for pve, but since the Age of Shotguns, I've been rolling with Invective and Found Verdict for pvp.

lt519

RIP my Light/Beware and Plug.One's with Rangefinder and Accelerated Coils. I did the entire Thorn bounty only using Light/Beware haha

noomi

Just watched dattos video... damn... yeah he's really on point.

I love hand cannons, even before the game was released I knew they would be my weapon of choice... but in crucible... they really need some fixing.

It's coming.... we all know it.

As for shotguns welll, whatever ends up happening with them I just hope PvE shotguns aren't affected.

I still use this bad boy if I don't feel like sniping.
W3puP6L.png

I don't know if people are bored of thorn/hand cannons in general, but there's a pretty good mix of guns in the banner right now. Saw a lot of pulse rifles last night and some scouts too, this guy on the opposite team was tearing us up with gheleons demise.

neoism

So much hate around here for ARs.

Oh well, I still want them back.

nope not me I love them still even though bungle hates them... :*( Im thinking of 365ing my silimars wrath..

bungie obviously doesn't want the primary slot to be balanced in anyway... :(

noomi

I never got into AR's I didn't really do crucible back then. I would definitely welcome auto rifles back though, I really want to try out my summoner.

Ikkarus

The only time I ever used AR's in Destiny was in the Alpha and Beta of the game.

I never had a Suros when it reigned supreme but I did have a Hawkmoon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom