• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
Well that's because the lore we have so far in the form of Grimoire cards was something that was written near the end the game's development. It was something that was put together using old materials and stuff by a new writer because the original left the game's development (and took his stuff), the game itself was never created with this lore in mind since this lore never existed when the game was being made.

The whole "left and took his stuff" bit is exceedingly unlikely and made popular by an "insider" on Reddit. You don't own the rights to what you write under hire unless previously agreed otherwise by all parties involved. I think it's highly unlikely that before starting to work on Destiny Bungie would have given Staten the rights to Destiny's scripts. That would be extremely unorthodox, though admittedly not impossible.

As for Grimoire being written late by a random guy and having no connection to anything else...again, Reddit rumor levels of salt grains required. Possible of course, but not something I'd feel comfortable taking as a fact. A rumor making sense != being true.

Something definitely went horribly wrong in the game's development but I'm fairly certain it wasn't a case of the lead writer leaving and Bungie going "shit we don't have a story anymore!". It was probably more along the lines of the story being outside the scope of what they were capable of giving us, or not meshing with their overall gameplay vision for the campaign.

Whatever happened it's a damn shame to be honest.

noomi

I'd be down! Still looking for some hunter armor.

Three more for Crota?

1. Noomi
2. kyoufu
3. captscience

Ok sweet, if you don't mind I'm going to finish up a mission on GTA on my PC, I'm ready to go whenever. Just sent me a msg on PSN and I'll get it on my phone and can hop right on.

3 more for crota, lets gogogog!

daedalius

The universe lore seems great, but the storytelling in game is very poor.

I hope they can rectify this a but with taken king.

Also glad datto is putting the spotlight on some pvp issues, the meta is pretty fubar right now.

Jesus christ playing against a team with 3 players rocking matador/felwinters in a small map is literally impossible. I gave up. Its fucking bullshit the range on those shotties

It's blink that bothers the shit out of me, not the shotguns themselves. There is NOTHING to counter someone who is adept at using Blink/Shotgun.

Kyoufu

Ok sweet, if you don't mind I'm going to finish up a mission on GTA on my PC, I'm ready to go whenever. Just sent me a msg on PSN and I'll get it on my phone and can hop right on.

3 more for crota, lets gogogog!

I have a friend that wants to do it too, so we need 2 more.

TheOddOne

animation1w1sea.gif

#Yolo

Daemul

Has it ever been figured out how the flag holder at the start of every crucible game is determined? At first I thought it was the highest levelled player and if every one was the same level then it was whoever had the highest grimore score, but in the group of all level 34's I play in, I have the lowest grimore score and I hold the flag 100% of the time. My group and I have come to the conclusion that the flag holder is the player who has the highest combat rating, which I have, and it would make much more sense to be honest.

Daemul

Wait what? Whoever has the highest grimoire score on the team always holds the flag at the beginning of a match?

I thought it was but it doesn't seem to be true in my group's case. I have the lowest Grimore and I always hold the flag.

SonComet

Has it ever been figured out how the flag holder at the start of every crucible game is determined? At first I thought it was the highest levelled player and if every one was the same level then it was whoever had the highest grimore score, but in the group of all level 34's I play in, I have the lowest grimore score and I hold the flag 100% of the time. My group and I have come to the conclusion that the flag holder is the player who has the highest combat rating, which I have, and it would make much more sense to be honest.
I have no idea this if this is accurate. But I noticed I always seem to hold the flag when I change my weapons during the loading screen. I figure maybe it doesn't have them loaded so I hold the flag. That's probably just a coincidence though.

GhaleonEB

most definitely bungle not including a grimoire reader or whatever in game was just fucking lazy and stupid....

It was neither; they didn't have time. The story was gutted so late in development, and the grimoire developed so late, there just wasn't time to integrate it. They had a game to focus on landing.

I'll be shocked if it's not integrated with The Taken King. It absolutely needs to be, and it's been long enough and TTK is a big enough update that it should be.

X-Frame

Geez. If anyone is curious about how terrifying a Striker Titan can be in PvP, watch 20 minutes of AEGabriel's stream from last night:

Here is the link to the Twitch stream

The first game he gets 38 kills in Anomaly (starts at 3:30 in), then 50 kills on Rusted Lands (starts at 14:30 in). If you only want to watch 1 of them, watch the Rusted Lands one at least. Insane.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Ok, looks like we just need one more then. I'll be on in a minute, whats your psn's so I can invite you to party chat.

need one more for a full crota run, come n' get yeeeeer gear
PSN id is monsterfracas_

Hopping on now
kyoufu is bringing a friend, just need one more :)

whichever you guys want, doesn't really matter to me either way.
Hard mode b o y z

Need dat sweet loot

Daemul

I have no idea this if this is accurate. But I noticed I always seem to hold the flag when I change my weapons during the loading screen. I figure maybe it doesn't have them loaded so I hold the flag. That's probably just a coincidence though.

I never change my weapons(TLW + Shadow of Veils + Ash Factory 4lyf) so it is probably just a coincidence on your part.

Just got the god roll on my ash factory.

tripod, javelin, g&h

in the first tree I got verniers AND hard launch. Which of those two to use, or are they both about the same?

ocean

Banned
Just got the god roll on my ash factory.

tripod, javelin, g&h

in the first tree I got verniers AND hard launch. Which of those two to use, or are they both about the same?

You want max blast and velocity. Use 1st and 3rd columns to balance them out if possible.

Geez. If anyone is curious about how terrifying a Striker Titan can be in PvP, watch 20 minutes of AEGabriel's stream from last night:

The first game he gets 38 kills in Anomaly (starts at 3:30 in), then 50 kills on Rusted Lands (starts at 14:30 in). If you only want to watch 1 of them, watch the Rusted Lands one at least. Insane.

That guy is insane. I don't really watch streamers, but in the little bit I've seen, him and Poshy have been the most impressive. They have to be two of the best players out there.

BokehKing

Banned
Are we talking about the same game?

I'm an avid shotgun abuser, and yes, they have ridiculous range.

Felwinter's, Invective, Found Verdict, Party Crasher, Matador... You can mop up an entire room from outside the room.
Yeah, sometimes it seems like you could, and other times all you do is take down their shield and then they kill you. (with fel winter at least with the slow reload speex)

FyreWulff

I have a feeling they're eventually going to put the Grimoire in the game. That'd be a whole new UI and everything so it'd probably take a while.

In Reach they had a bunch of medals you could only view on Bungie.net, because some of them came so late there wasn't time to get them into the game proper (others were because Achronos thought of making them after the game had gone gold). They aren't stuck with the UI they've shipped this time, though.

Same with H3 and file tagging not being in game.

BokehKing

Banned
I hope you all realize that by nerfing the Thorn you're just inviting the next top tier gun to take it's place.

If you didn't see 50% Thorn, it would be 50% TLW or 50% Hawkmoon.

Same problem when SUROS was king.

I'd rather face a Thorn than a Last Word.

EDIT: Top of the page

wkA7sBo.gif
Thats why for competitive modes they got to give a more halo approach with balanced weapons, everyone has the same things ect ect. But only for competitive modes.

daedalius

Sure makes it clear shotguns and TLW are massively overpowered right now

I don't know if being a titan has much to do with it.

BokehKing

Banned
You know...
I wouldn't have minded an Iron Banner that wasn't control. Maybe just Clash.

Any reason as to why it would not work you think?

I was thinking the same thing. Clash would be great for it.
I want it, just for change alone, maybe it will soften the blow of team mates grabbing A on the Forgotten Shores
Destiny screenshots make for the best wallpapers. :3

Warlockmasterrace
Crap, picture didn't copy over into quote but that looks sick on your phone

Daemul

That guy is insane. I don't really watch streamers, but in the little bit I've seen, him and Poshy have been the most impressive. They have to be two of the best players out there.

Poshy is the reason so many of the top players use Bladedancer. Dude slayed with it and everyone copied him lol

EDIT:TOP!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom