• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

Just beat Xyor. I teamed up with a team of randoms off of LFG since my mates were being dicks and decided to play Iron Banner instead. This fight was the reason why I put off doing the Thorn bounty for nearly 10 months, I heard horror stories about this fight and how it had actually been made harder since you need to actually need to damage Phogoth now to get Xyor to show, but it turned out to be a breeze, probably because we Ghorned our way through it lol

All in all the bounty took me a little over two hours to do, which is very little work for the most broken weapon in the game. Getting Dregs Promise was more challenging and more time consuming than this was.
KuGsj.gif

Lima

Lol. You sound like my friend who says bloodborne is for casuals. It has to many invinsibilty frames.

How can sweat shirts be skill based without that mystical halo 3 level matchmaking?

Because the community is actually not all that big and skill levels are known when choosing teams. Look you can lol all you want that doesn't change the fact that Trials is casual as hell with its connection first MM.

todd360

Because the community is actually not all that big and skill levels are known when choosing teams. Look you can lol all you want that doesn't change the fact that Trials is casual as hell with its connection first MM.

Where can I buy a Dragonball power level scouter?

How the hell are people setting up matches without exotics?

The codes are ridiculously easy to guess and people on Reddit have claimed to have gotten 50 of them.

Oh haha, I didn't even see that someone on GAF made a thread about it.

Bungie has another PR fiasco now. It is one thing for people who will never buy the promotion to complain about it, but its something else entirely for purchasing customers to be cock-blocked by a poorly implemented plan.

Wonder how they respond since this is something they will have to fix.

todd360

Bungie has another PR fiasco now. It is one thing for people who will never buy the promotion to complain about it, but its something else entirely for purchasing customers to be cock-blocked by a poorly implemented plan.

Wonder how they respond since this is something they will have to fix.

Red bull cans are now half off.

bgbball31

Anyone want to run VoG HM, Crota's End (I haven't done this one before, though.), or PoE 32 (I haven't done this one before, either.)

I do have a headset and mic though, so you could talk me through either Crota's or PoE.

Edit: Oops, forgot PSN name.

PSN: bgbball

Bungie's Red Bull fail is yet another massive screwup.

Amazing, isn't it? All that goodwill Bungie had generated with gamers that had built up over years of success . . . flushed down the toilet in less than one year.

Anyone want to run VoG HM, Crota's End (I haven't done this one before, though.), or PoE 32 (I haven't done this one before, either.)

I do have a headset and mic though, so you could talk me through either Crota's or PoE.

Don't worry. PoE 32 is extremelly easy, and CE is easier now. You will do fine.

todd360

Nami is mysteriously gone and its night time. So I shall start the nightly iron banner train. Who wants to go!?!?

1.toddv360

M3Rocket

It's all Bungie's fault! It's a victimless crime (if it is one anyway) since Red Bull/Bungie will compensate and rectify the situation for people who actually got the code from a can of Red Bull and send them a photo.

Besides, the real culprit is Bungie. They are solely accountable for a shitty cashgrab system that is called Destiny. Shame on them for gating some shitty emotes for $20. Shame on them for hiding a mission from us by putting codes on Red Bull cans and forcing us to buy shitty tasting Red Bull that is only available at 7-11 and only in specific regions. Do you know how bad that stuff is anyway for your health? And then there's these shitty easy to guess redemption codes. And the broken web site that doesn't work when I'm trying to guess some codes.

How is this anyone else's fault except for corporate greed forcing me to do this?
[/SARCASM]

Thankfully, that thread on GAF is now closed. But this will rage on elsewhere for sure.

For those of you who got codes from me, I have backup photos of the actual cans and tabs where the codes come from. If you run into a redemption problem, PM me and I'll send you the photo of the can and tab with the code.

For all potential future benefactors, please make sure you take a picture of the code on the can just in case. There are currently 41 on the list and 10 codes have been given out. We'll need more benefactors soon...

Kyoufu

Get hype for Xur guys!

Probably a bad idea but I'll be dumping all my motes into chest engrams if he sells them this time.

a_javier and eyelessorphant. My internet went down. :(
No prob man. If someone else wants to join our IB, we've got one spot. About to start a match though, so you'll have to wait until after. I think Ocean said he's leaving soon, so we might have another spot after that in 20 min or so.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Finally that jackass is down. Thanks Silver and RC. Third Greg's. Will disappear and come back later for some Crota.

Lnkn52

Bungie's Red Bull fail is yet another massive screwup.

Amazing, isn't it? All that goodwill Bungie had generated with gamers that had built up over years of success . . . flushed down the toilet in less than one year.
How's this all Bungie's fault? There are other parties involved.

And also, why not blame those that have exploited the system. How can you not see what they were doing was screwing other people who bought cans.

GhaleonEB

So I just coached Nat through upgrading her oft-neglected Warlock. We used her lone armor core to get the PoE helm, which replaced her last remaining piece of rare gear. And then burned through or converted materials to upgrade other armor and weapons. She's gone from level 27 to level 31 in a single fell swoop.

I mention offhand that there are legendary weapons in the Dragon playlist that are worth pursuing, specifically this mythic pulse rifle called Hopscotch Pilgrim. "Okay," she says, "I'll try for it." She enters the playlist and gets the new strike against Taniks.

I go downstairs and make myself dinner. (The girls are going out tonight, shortly, as I'm still too sick.) As I finish up eating, she comes downstairs. "What was the name of that pulse rifle?" she asks.

"Hopscotch Pilgrim," I reply.

"I got it." She's grinning from ear to ear. I run upstairs and check her inventory via Bungie.net. She actually got it. On her first try.

I'm feeling 1) happy for her, as her RNG rolls have been awful most of the time, and 2) crazy freaking jealous. In one strike! :lol

M3Rocket

So I just coached Nat through upgrading her oft-neglected Warlock. We used her lone armor core to get the PoE helm, which replaced her last remaining piece of rare gear. And then burned through or converted materials to upgrade other armor and weapons. She's gone from level 27 to level 31 in a single fell swoop.

I mention offhand that there are legendary weapons in the Dragon playlist that are worth pursuing, specifically this mythic pulse rifle called Hopscotch Pilgrim. "Okay," she says, "I'll try for it." She enters the playlist and gets the new strike against Taniks.

I go downstairs and make myself dinner. (The girls are going out tonight, shortly, as I'm still too sick.) As I finish up eating, she comes downstairs. "What was the name of that pulse rifle?" she asks.

"I got it." She's grinning from ear to ear. I run upstairs and check her inventory via Bungie.net. She actually got it. On her first try.

I'm feeling 1) happy for her, as her RNG rolls have been awful most of the time, and 2) crazy freaking jealous. In one strike! :lol

Nice! Uhhhh--can she remote play a strike for me on my Guardians? LoL! RNGesus is going to RNG I suppose.

Kyoufu

I still don't believe that people actually use it in PVP. All I see are Thorns everywhere. :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Awesome! Feel better man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom