• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread title is fantastic, A+. Nice work on the OP Nami.

Really don't know where Drizzy is hiding lately. :(

Sorry for the disappearing act everyone. It's been a bit of a rough week. My dad had a stroke and was rushed to the ER Saturday. Everything turned out totally fine and he is back to feeling good. Didn't need surgery or anything, just a few days in the hospital under observation. The whole thing seemed a lot scarier than it turned out to be.

I've been around lurking a bit this week, but wasn't feeling up to posting. I've still been reading every post, almost totally caught up. In that spirit, here's a massive multi-quote of various shenanigans from the week:

My little Guardian was born at 3:55 am CDT. 4 Ibs 15 oz. He's a little guy! Mom and baby are healthy and doing well.

Wow, what great news LT! So glad to hear he's arrived safe and sound. Quite the lucky fella to be born into a loving family like yours.

I had a rare Drizzay sighting on PSN today, but very short.

I haven't played since Saturday but I did hop on briefly yesterday to scour the archives and upload a few pics for that VoG conspiracy-theory post I made last night.

Drizz might have recorded our match against Gutz from the other day. Drizz, come back!

I have it saved, will try to upload in a bit. When I go through old videos I chop them up and edit down smaller bits of interest so it'll probably jump around a lot but also exclude all the downtime. Hopefully it still conveys the sweatiness...

I recently went through all my Destiny screenshots and I put a selection in this album. No real 'wallpaper material' or anything out of the ordinary, but a selection of beautiful scenery and iconic Destiny moments. It kind of made me re-appreciate all the good things about the game.
http://imgur.com/a/yf2im

This was really cool, thanks for sharing! I always appreciate good Destiny photography.

I saw my life flash before my eyes. He nearly had us, kartik. He nearly had us.

lol wow, I'm 98% certain I was standing directly behind you two when that happened. The gif jogged my memory :p

I have bad gear therefore I'm playing more conservatively ... I'm probably winning more games because of this.

Somebody make a note of this for the record. Wait, I just did... never mind.

Nope. Just dusting off the XB1 I bought many months ago. Got a good price on Destiny so here I am. Probably still play on PS4 mostly.

... Unless I get a horn on XB1. Then the RNG gods will have clearly spoken their will.

This made me laugh while going back through the thread, getting caught up. Congrats on the Boner Horn! At least the Real Narmer Quest hasn't shamed my TLord post yet...

Great day today! Quit my job of 4 years. Feels fucking good.

Woo-hoo! Congrats DJ, I remember you said you were thinking about quitting the other day when we farmed a little GK glimmer. Glad to hear you were able to pull the trigger.

flawless Hawkmoon dream dies with Fig.

Why am I not surprised....
kappa.png

Mindlog

Lag? What lag?
This same map my Titan got from the inside spawn to A before the enemy team was there. I could have shotgunned them all.
If I wasn't shooting at phantoms.

It's raining BTRDs on me so there that.
Last BTRD had Aggressive Balastics, Hot Swap, Snapshot/Small-Bore, Range-Finder

Hello Blink Hunter's new friend.

Sorry for the disappearing act everyone. It's been a bit of a rough week. My dad had a stroke and was rushed to the ER Saturday. Everything turned out totally fine and he is back to feeling good. Didn't need surgery or anything, just a few days in the hospital under observation. The whole thing seemed a lot scarier than it turned out to be.

No need to be sorry. I'm sorry about your dad but I'm glad he's doing fine and feeling better! Always love to hear the pull through part of the stories.

Lnkn52

Hey Drizzay welcome back. Glad to hear your dad is doing better.

Just kind of puts things in perspective some times. We spend so much time in the virtual world, we kind of forget the real world outside.
I'm surely guilty of it.

Also am i reading that reforge guide correctly? I won a matador with shot pakage, agressive ballistics and small bore. Is that the ideal roll?

coy

Glad to hear things are better for your pops, Driz! Math is right: family comes first.

warning: do not attempt IB solo.

yikes.
Don't jinx it. I actually completed Iron Wrath before the 10k XP bounty doing solos. This won't last, admittedly, but it's refreshing to be with randoms on your team that are capable.

Agent

Apparently it is possible to access your PSN friends list too much? I've never seen this and searching the error code brings up nothing. The search PlayStation support brings up nothing either.

CI9N1slXAAAZ_Az.jpg

Can someone point or explain to me the Prison of Elders loot system, like the differences between doing it at 32, 34 etc. Does it change what is in the big chest?

Jabronium

Can someone point or explain to me the Prison of Elders loot system, like the differences between doing it at 32, 34 etc. Does it change what is in the big chest?

No changes to the big chest. First big chest per week per character has a slightly ok chance for an exotic.

What is the best roll on Gheleon's? One just dropped for me. I know I should start with Full Auto + Firefly. Sureshot probably for scope.

What about 2nd column?

@Drizz: Sorry to hear about your Dad, but I'm glad he's ok. Things like less are never easy. You can say something nice, but they are really just shitty to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom