• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Fucking LOL! Team from previous match all left before the match even started, giving us an easy win. They must be pissed after last match.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just wanted to apologize again for no Newbie Raid tonight. AT&T is doing their level best Comcast impression getting me set up in the new place. Next week should be doable if I plan around it. Might be me on the floor with my PS4 and a 17inch screen but better than nothing.

So I just coached Nat through upgrading her oft-neglected Warlock. We used her lone armor core to get the PoE helm, which replaced her last remaining piece of rare gear. And then burned through or converted materials to upgrade other armor and weapons. She's gone from level 27 to level 31 in a single fell swoop.

I mention offhand that there are legendary weapons in the Dragon playlist that are worth pursuing, specifically this mythic pulse rifle called Hopscotch Pilgrim. "Okay," she says, "I'll try for it." She enters the playlist and gets the new strike against Taniks.

I go downstairs and make myself dinner. (The girls are going out tonight, shortly, as I'm still too sick.) As I finish up eating, she comes downstairs. "What was the name of that pulse rifle?" she asks.

"Hopscotch Pilgrim," I reply.

"I got it." She's grinning from ear to ear. I run upstairs and check her inventory via Bungie.net. She actually got it. On her first try.

I'm feeling 1) happy for her, as her RNG rolls have been awful most of the time, and 2) crazy freaking jealous. In one strike! :lol

Ha! Brilliant! She'll end up with Ghally soon and you'll want to play her account instead >.<

Lnkn52

Just wanted to apologize again for no Newbie Raid tonight. AT&T is doing their level best Comcast impression getting me set up in the new place. Next week should be doable if I plan around it. Might be me on the floor with my PS4 and a 17inch screen but better than nothing.
Damn good luck with AT&T Internet service. They only provide DSL where I live, which is so slllllooooolwwwww.

Had a terrible couple of days and then decided to do the Nightfall with regular buddies and landed the Thunderlord as a reward. Holy shit. I have a BTRD already and I thought, well, is it worth the exotic slot?

Yes.

Yes it is.

t0rment

fuck this lag. only playing til i get rank 3, this is the worst netcode i've seen since black ops 1 at launch. incompetents morons.

fuck this lag. only playing til i get rank 3, this is the worst netcode i've seen since black ops 1 at launch. incompetents morons.

Yeah it's fucking awful. Been complete shit for me ever since IB started.

It was for me at least. I'm usually at the top of the leaderboards using a Scout Rifle but I could barely gets kills with it.

I think it's the low rate of fire

Ahhhh gotcha. Seems to hit pretty damn hard though.

Had a terrible couple of days and then decided to do the Nightfall with regular buddies and landed the Thunderlord as a reward. Holy shit. I have a BTRD already and I thought, well, is it worth the exotic slot?

Yes.

Yes it is.

Yeah. I got that fromy first PoE 28 :D love it

ocean

Banned
11 matches. I wasn't playing too well, but didn't do terribly either - 1.1 K/D and we won 8/11 matches. Thanks for the train Mango, Gunawi and co!

So I was reading that this Hopscotch Pilgrim thing was apparently pretty good, so I checked my vault and apparently I have it??? Anyone care to enlighten me as to what's so good about it? (since I've apparently been graced by a decently rare gun for once)

ocean

Banned
So I was reading that this Hopscotch Pilgrim thing was apparently pretty good, so I checked my vault and apparently I have it??? Anyone care to enlighten me as to what's so good about it? (since I've apparently been graced by a decently rare gun for once)

Kills in 2 bursts to the head, can be re rolled into max stability. It's in the best tier of (legendary) weapons for PvP.

Kills in 2 bursts to the head, can be re rolled into max stability. It's in the best tier of (legendary) weapons for PvP.

Oh wow what, holy shit. That's amazing, I was trying it for PvE a month ago and I kinda shrugged and put it away. Guess I don't have an eye for talent!

GhaleonEB

Anyone up for a run at Skolas? My Titan and Warlock want a crack at him this week, when he's on non-bullshit (aka no Lightswitch) mode.

ocean

Banned
Also something else I thought about now that all exotic armor is banned in sweaties is that the two best PvP Sunsinger exotics are Voidfang Vestments and The Ram. Both technically made for the Voidwalker subclass. Heh.
Wait all Exotic armor? Only heard about Ram (bullshit armor) and Knucklehead (TLW ADS glitch). No Exotic armor at all sounds interesting I guess but at the same time don't know if it's necessary. Other than Ram nothing is really game breaking and choosing one thing over the other is a big part of your strategy.

todd360

Wait all Exotic armor? Only heard about Ram (bullshit armor) and Knucklehead (TLW ADS glitch). No Exotic armor at all sounds interesting I guess but at the same time don't know if it's necessary. Other than Ram nothing is really game breaking and choosing one thing over the other is a big part of your strategy.

No fun allowed jpeg

Really don't get the attempt at playerside ultra-competitive balancing for Destiny's PvP; it's fun to play, but because of supers, the huge amount of potential loadouts, and the huge influx of incoming gear, it's never really going to be something that can be locked down and played in a vacuum competitively

What is the Knucklehead Last Word glitch?

Well, I managed to get the flawless raider achievement to finally pop.

Tried resetting, logging out, changing characters, etc....nothing.

Saw a thread online somewhere saying to 'switch profile' and not the change character option, then just log back in with the character you used.

Gave it a try, bam, achievement popped.

Honestly, how did the xbox guys manage to break achievements...smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom