• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
Why were you in a rage? I must have missed the post. I hope it was some epic salt.

I am down to play IB by the way. If there's no trains going, we could start one.

a_javierp. IB lag the other day made me lose my shit in a bad way. Send me an invite! I'll be in orbit in like 2 mins. Game re downloaded at last.
LOL, ocean reinstalled. Didn't even get to Friday
So weak / so overreacted.

Nuszka

Just got back from work. Read the weekly update, and thank good summer is so busy work holidays ... Ok of to crucible to use my lords of wolves... love it so much.

Falifax

TriumphEmblem.jpg

That emblem though. Very nice.

Looks similar to my desktop wallpaper they did like 4 years ago, can't wait.

EL CUCO

Reforging weapons is so addicting.

My 3rd Her Benevolence just got blessed with a god roll on the 2nd attempt.

Ambush, Hidden hand, Injection mold, Unflinching

excowboy

Nightfall with a clanmate and some random we can't talk to. At Phogoth, random decides to kill the shrieker every time it spawns - void burn tracking explosives for everyone in the safe room! We just barely made it through...

I added you.

Same.

Here's what I said in that thread:

I'll tell ya my honest opinion. I got the game Day 1. Didn't love it but I liked it. Didn't understand a lot of the things outside of the basics and I stopped for a whiiiiile. Just recently started playing again and I can tell you that it is glorious. I love it and I'm addicted to it. The true Destiny experience starts after level 20 and its beautiful. Everybody shits on how terrible the voyage is getting there and in some ways I completely agree. Wait for The Taken King and buy Destiny then with all of the DLC because I simply can't see how one is still playing it without a DLC and its the best value.

Destiny is a fantastic experience if you have the patience. It's odd what I compare it to but its much like Inglorious Basterds (movie). There is so much buildup that is slow (though IB's is at least interesting) but then the last segment and everything after that is so much fun making everything you just succumbed to watching or doing that much more impactful. The feel when you get your first exotic is a great feeling because you know you've earned it. That's what this game is, working and ultimately a fantastic payoff. The GAF community is fucking brilliant making for an even greater experience.

Hope this helps! :D

I hope when they say there will be cutscenes for TTK that they aren't 25 seconds long and make no sense. Also,maybe the dreadnought can become the new VoG for Drizz since it has secrets to explore ! I'll be more hype than anything for TTK if they say "you can finally buy all vendor ships and shaders!"....why hasn't this happened yet? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Daemul

Whoever said that the best time to do the crucible part of Thorn bounty was in regular crucible during the Iron Banner was right, there's so many low level players in my games, once I put my bubble up it attracts them like bees to honey. 3 of them came into my bubble at the same time and I put them all down
KuGsj.gif

I've played for about 90 minutes and I have 477/500, one more game and I'll be done with this portion.

Lima

Rocking full armor, radiant skin on my Sunsinger and The Ram. Popping flame shield on the first kill and a Titan tries to smash me to shut me down. Nuh uh the OP warlock said. Seriously that helm is fucking stupid. Glad it is banned from any kind of competitive play. It is the best exotic armor piece Bungie made so far and if anything it should have been for the Titan class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom