• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

No worries, I won't tell anyone ;) Made some poor decisions as well, it's all good. That game was awesome and all on stream. Thanks for joining buddy.

Who's in there and is anyone streaming?

Akai and Gaz are online but they are playing IB.
I can stream if we get a team going for trials/IB

Hedera

Mmm. Looks like I will be busy until a VoG group is formed. I'm already pissed off about wasting one strange coin, but... Meh. It's not like I am going to earn enough of them to get that helmet from Xur. it is the only legendary piece of armor I'm still missing.

Then it still may be a bit complicated when it comes to causing damage :(
How many coins do you have? I think one is required to proceed with the urn quest. Don't beat yourself too much for making a mistake in the game. We've all done it. I accidentally dismantled my Hezen Vengeance for instance...

Don't worry to much about the elemental damage. I saw you got a scout rifle a few pages back and that should do the trick. Besides you still have you special and heavy weapons and those do elemental damage.
I really hope you can get a group going to do VoG, I would totally join since I haven't done it in a long time and have been itching to do it but I'm a bit busy with exams.

Mmm. Looks like I will be busy until a VoG group is formed. I'm already pissed off about wasting one strange coin, but... Meh. It's not like I am going to earn enough of them to get that helmet from Xur. it is the only legendary piece of armor I'm still missing.

Then it still may be a bit complicated when it comes to causing damage :(

Have you done the weekly yet? If not, I'll help you run the 34 so you can get 9 coins.

Deku Tree

Wow, the Lucky Raspberry Xur is selling this week has 40 more Intellect than mine. I guess I have to buy it.

My LR that I got from a exotic engram has 170 int.

seriously if you want exotic armors with good rolls then do the daily activities 3x for motes and buy a lot of exotic engrams.

Trakan

My LR that I got from a exotic engram has 170 int.

seriously if you want exotic armors with good rolls then do the daily activities 3x for motes and buy a lot of exotic engrams.

This one from Xur has 172. I've gotten a lot of exotic engrams from Xur with terrible rolls. It's all RNG. My Nighthawk that came from an engram has 103 intellect.

Have you done the weekly yet? If not, I'll help you run the 34 so you can get 9 coins.

I did the weekly strike (Omnigul), but at the base difficulty, and it was hard enough to a point where we truly suffered. Even with juggler I would not get drops for the primary weapon while using the secondary, and in the end I was punching hives until I could reload from the inventory with ammo synthesis. Also i was not expecting the "respawn" rule. Depressing, and when only one guardian was alive, I could only think "don't get close to me, please. Absolutely don't come here" (corpse surrounded by heavily armed enemies, which is how i died trying to revive another person.

I've been luckier getting coins from engrams on the last days, but honestly I am not that worried about buying from Xur right now. My main goal is to finally do Vault of Glass and be able to say that at least I have done everything on the base game. After that I have to work on the monthly backlog games quota, and have a bit of a break from Destiny.

@Edera_ I have 8 coins right now, so getting 5 before the end of the sunday may be complicated. I spent one in the urn. Most stupid thing was when the first time I saw did not understood it and though I could exchange motes for coins. Stupid, stupid stupid.

Edit: Although I can't guarantee I'd last till the end of VoG. As with every heat wave my ISP has started crapping on me and making me lose connection, and in case of Summer Storm I may have to unplug everything.

Namikaze1

Happy Let's Wake Up Half the Neighborhood With Our Fireworks Cause We Are Jerks day, US-GAF.

Yeah, you can tell day started off on such a great note for me. Fuck those assholes.

I did the weekly strike (Omnigul), but at the base difficulty, and it was hard enough to a point where we truly suffered. Even with juggler I would not get drops for the primary weapon while using the secondary, and in the end I was punching hives until I could reload from the inventory with ammo synthesis. Also i was not expecting the "respawn" rule. Depressing, and when only one guardian was alive, I could only think "don't get close to me, please. Absolutely don't come here" (corpse surrounded by heavily armed enemies, which is how i died trying to revive another person.

I've been luckier getting coins from engrams on the last days, but honestly I am not that worried about buying from Xur right now. My main goal is to finally do Vault of Glass and be able to say that at least I have done everything on the base game. After that I have to work on the monthly backlog games quota, and have a bit of a break from Destiny.

@Edera_ I have 8 coins right now, so getting 5 before the end of the sunday may be complicated. I spent one in the urn. Most stupid thing was when the first time I saw did not understood it and though I could exchange motes for coins. Stupid, stupid stupid.

Edit: Although I can't guarantee I'd last till the end of VoG. As with every heat wave my ISP has started crapping on me and making me lose connection, and in case of Summer Storm I may have to unplug everything.

Ah, I see. Well, if you need help with VoG I'd help you run that. Also, there is a golden chest on Mars that gives you a guaranteed strange coin if you haven't gotten it. It's whatever chest you get that will be the 4th one that drops it.

Happy Let's Wake Up Half the Neighborhood With Our Fireworks Cause We Are Jerks day, US-GAF.

Yeah, you can tell day started off on such a great note for me. Fuck those assholes.

It could be worse. We are not celebrating anything but we still have to deal with fireworks left from the local festivities one week ago. Like morons buying in bulk and spending the whole day throwing crap. I already have a surround system for when I use the rocket launcher, thanks.

I'm glad I don't own a dog. Poor little thing...

Kyoufu

Here's what I don't understand. Why do some people send blind PSN invites without a message stating what the invite is for? And why not reply when asked what it's for?

Hedera

If you take MrAnderson's offer to do the highest level of the weekly (lvl 32) you can get 6 more coins. But I understand if don't want to do it since you already had a not so good experience in that strike (I really don't like it). But you would be playing with gaffers so I'm sure it wouldn't be so painful ;p

Deku Tree

Here's what I don't understand. Why do some people send blind PSN invites without a message stating what the invite is for? And why not reply when asked what it's for?

They're lazy and they find it takes a long time to type with a DS4 controller.

nOoblet16

Gyro typing? If you mean touchpad typing then that's actually slower than the usual way.
I almost never use PS4 controller to send message because I don't like typing, would rather use my phone and PSN app if I want to send a message.

Namikaze1

Didn't play Destiny yesterday so I'll be looking to finally hit rank 5 today.

Let's get an IB team going:

GAF name PSN ID
1) Namikaze1 - namikaze1
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Kyoufu

Gyro typing? If you mean touchpad typing then that's actually slower than the usual way.
I almost never use PS4 controller to send message because I don't like typing, would rather use my phone and PSN app if I want to send a message.

No, motion typing. Try it, it's fast and secretly the best feature on any console.

2 tryhards for a Mercury trials run? I don't really care about the packages, really going for flawless.

Level 27 Defender Titan with 300 attack Atheons Epilogue and MAX damage 331 Dragons Breath. Never really player versus player-ed before but just bought loads of heavy ammo synths from Xur, so we should be good. Add me.

Level 27 Defender Titan with 300 attack Atheons Epilogue and MAX damage 331 Dragons Breath. Never really player versus player-ed before but just bought loads of heavy ammo synths from Xur, so we should be good. Add me.

You'll need to be at least 33 for trials probably, plus have 365 weapons etc. Trials of Isiris have level advantage etc.

A Titan on Tears' stream just revived himself when two teammates were down.
New ability confirmed?

Top of the page edit:

Bring me to Mercury my dear wolves

zLQwEQnl.jpg

nOoblet16

No, motion typing. Try it, it's fast and secretly the best feature on any console.

Tries it, not really fast. Comes up about the same time as D pad mode imo (slightly faster or slightly slower depending onw hat I want to type, words with letters that are close to each other are harder to type than others), I don't even see it providing any advantage over touchpad typing.

Don't see why I'd use any of thee over phone anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom