• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talisker

Is it possible to have a group of newbie raiders playing VoG? I will love to watch stream and I think you will have one of the best experiences Destiny can give to you.

PS. I were one of day one players in VoG...
I sure hope so! :)

PSN Username is btw: Gaggalar

Feel free to add me yall.

ocean

Banned
Slightly off topic but I'm loving the curated playlists on Apple Music. I think Spotify is gonna be used only on my PS4 now.

Btw do you guys play music in the background while playing Destiny? What are your faves? I used to play the Interstellar soundtrack when playing solo to make it feel dramatic :p or Thelonious Monk for grinding mindless bounties.

GG Tears and GoreLies (our soon to be newest SoM member), Mercury! Luckily my true enemy
Internet provider
didn't show up.

Edit - Summoner hype continues

I'm convinced I will never get the higher tier Osiris gear as a Titan. We have a 1 warlock and 2 titan squad doing trials and it's a constant struggle because we have to be so much better than our enemies seeing as 95% of players in trials are all Warlocks and Hunters. Either you lose in a Thorn trade with a warlock with Goat horns, they come back to life or your team gets blade danced. What can they do to make PVP, Trials in specific better for Titans? Is Fallen king's new class the only option?

We almost always win the first couple rounds only to be crushed as they get their supers.

ocean

Banned
I'm convinced I will never get the higher tier Osiris gear as a Titan. We have a 1 warlock and 2 titan squad doing trials and it's a constant struggle because we have to be so much better than our enemies seeing as 95% of players in trials are all Warlocks and Hunters. Either you lose in a Thorn trade with a warlock with Goat horns, they come back to life or blade dance your team. What can they do to make PVP, Trials in specific better for Titans? Is Fallen king's new class the only option?

We almost always win the first couple rounds only to be crushed as they get their supers.
Watch Unstable's stream for tips on how to run a Titan. They are ironically the most agile class in the game with their jetpack jumping badassery. Moreover, Flashbang grenade towards someone reviving another = 2 kills :p

Fist of Havok is a great clutch counter to a Bladedancer, or Round-4 self-rez denial.

Except for Defenders (I suppose) every subclass has its place in Trials.

Golden Gun needs no explanation.
Bladedancers with Weapons Ready are so quick and deadly.
Sunsingers have Firebolt + Viking Funeral + Touch of Flame = forget yer shields forevah
Voidwalkers have blink, a great Super and sick grenades
Strikers are the mobility kings and have Lightning + Flashbang grenades along with the biggest "fuck you" Super.

Watch Unstable's stream for tips on how to run a Titan. They are ironically the most agile class in the game with their jetpack jumping badassery. Moreover, Flashbang grenade towards someone reviving another = 2 kills :p

Fist of Havok is a great clutch counter to a Bladedancer, or Round-4 self-rez denial.

Except for Defenders (I suppose) every subclass has its place in Trials.

Golden Gun needs no explanation.
Bladedancers with Weapons Ready are so quick and deadly.
Sunsingers have Firebolt + Viking Funeral + Touch of Flame = forget yer shields forevah
Voidwalkers have blink, a great Super and sick grenades
Strikers are the mobility kings and have Lightning + Flashbang grenades along with the biggest "fuck you" Super.

My counter to that argument is that the titans super in order to use in any capacity other than defense/last resort completely exposes you relative to the other supers. If the other team is at all prepared they can easily dodge it, or kill you as you try to pull it off. There's no way the titan jetpack is beter than the blinks possesed by hunters or warlocks either. I get that they can be played skillfully, and I feel like I often do. But the enemies utility is simply far greater than a titan can provide for your team.

I constantly put the odds in our favor with a good super, only to have the enemy self rez and out trade me with thorn, or have their remaining members blade dance and mop up my team.

Anyways I need to level up for IB, anyone running a group?

Gong

Welcome to the two newest additions to the Sons of Mithras!

GongStation and GoreLies (deadduck).

Thanks for having me. Some great games as per usual last night, and apologies to PewPew, for my beyond scrub performance. Hope you managed to get another for Trials.

Will be around for some more of the same today.

If you are still in a few hours, I can join.

Is there a weapon that works better for removing shields, or each type of shield has a weakness? I've read about bringing weapong with Void Damage to the Vault of Glass.

Each type of shield has a weakness corresponding to its element. So blue is arc, purple is void, orange is solar.

Is there a weapon that works better for removing shields, or each type of shield has a weakness? I've read about bringing weapong with Void Damage to the Vault of Glass.

Each type of shield had its weakness. Blue is arc, purple is void and orange is solar. Void weapons for Praetorians can be handy indeed.

ocean

Banned

There are Minotaurs in the Vault of Glass. Minotaurs always have Void shields, as indicated by that glowing color around them. Void shields go down a lot quicker if you attack then with Void weapons or abilities (like a Defender or Voidwalker grenade).

Similarly, Wizards and Centurions always have Solar shields. You want to attack them with Solar weapons or abilities (Gunslinger's grenades / throwing knife, Sunsinger grenades). Captains always have Arc shields.

When playing activities with the Epic modifier (Nightfall mostly), enemies that don't normally have shields will get them. Namely:

Knights and Harpies get Arc shields
Shanks get Solar shields
Psions get Void shields

So it is direct color matching? I expected something more in the line of rock-paper-scissors.

I still have a long way ahead leveling the sunsinger. Right now it is not reliable, so I equip it before claiming the bounties.

ocean

Banned
So it is direct color matching? I expected something more in the line of rock-paper-scissors.

I still have a long way ahead leveling the sunsinger. Right now it is not reliable, so I equip it before claiming the bounties.
Yup, direct match. Solar damage for Solar shields and so on.

As you progress in the game, it'll really help out to have a good shotgun and a good sniper for each element. Later, playing Raids and PoE and ToO you can also get primaries of each element.

From Vault of Glass, you can get:
Arc Hand Cannon (best PvE primary) * exclusive to Heroic Vault of Glass
Arc Pulse Rifle (it sucks) * also Heroic-only drop
Solar Scout Rifle (super good)
Void Auto Rifle (super bad)
Exotic Solar Primary Fusion Rifle (good) * Heroic

From Crota's End: * all primaries exclusive to Heroic
Void Hand Cannon (ignore the hate, it's solid)
Arc Pulse Rifle (it's OK)
Arc Scout Rifle (it's good)
Solar Auto Rifle (it's an auto rifle so it sucks)
Exotic Arc Auto Rifle (lol so bad it hurts)

Trials of Osiris has a full suite of primary weapons. If you go flawless, you'll get a random Primary as a reward, with a random element. So you could get a Solar Hand Cannon or a Void Pulse Rifle or whatever. Except for the Auto Rifle, which sucks because it's an auto rifle, they're all extremely good weapons.

Likewise Prison of Elders at level 35 can drop a primary from Skolas with a random element. Unlike Trials, it's not guaranteed. They're actually very rare drops but they're universally underwhelming so nobody cares anyways.

Sweep up the good stuff from VoG/CE and you'll be set for Nightfalls with any burn :)

Hedera

Not a very productive day yesterday. Either the public events app was failing or something had changed in the sever, because most of the events would not appear. I did not experience PSN down, although I had to reset both routers and the homeplug adapters. I hope the heat is not affecting them...

I think I am finished with Eris Morn's mission, the last two ones looking like bounies (kill 25 enemies with arc damaga and something related to an urn, but today, same as last saturday I am hoping to be able to Run Vault of Glass in the evening.
The urn mission gives you a pair of legendary gauntlets upon completion (light 36 i think) and you need Xur to complete it if I remember correctly. The mission is quite fun and a bit challenging, at least alone.

SkylineRKR

1 etheric light,

Verdict
Measure
Hammer

Which poison to pick? Leaning towards BH. I've got maxed 4th horseman for Arc shotty, and CM is mostly for trash mob.

SkylineRKR

Probably the same feeling as when a sunsinger keeps throwing firebolt grenades and chases you across the world through multiple teammates and none of them seem to feel like shooting them. Happened two days ago and I later got Iron Wrath in that same match but I'm still salty about it.

Today was a very lucky day. In my second game, on Asylum, the team balance was fucked up for the opponents side. With BTRD I got relentless + 3 machine medals. Later in that same game the 15 heavy ammo kills would fulfill too. Those are the most annoying bounties imo.

The urn mission gives you a pair of legendary gauntlets upon completion (light 36 i think) and you need Xur to complete it if I remember correctly. The mission is quite fun and a bit challenging, at least alone.

Mmm. Looks like I will be busy until a VoG group is formed. I'm already pissed off about wasting one strange coin, but... Meh. It's not like I am going to earn enough of them to get that helmet from Xur. it is the only legendary piece of armor I'm still missing.

ocean said:
s you progress in the game, it'll really help out to have a good shotgun and a good sniper for each element. Later, playing Raids and PoE and ToO you can also get primaries of each element.

Then it still may be a bit complicated when it comes to causing damage :(

Great games Tears and GoreLies, two pretty smooth Mercury runs this morning!
Also, welcome to the 3 newest Sons: GongStation, GoreLies and Cyberpunk-Psycho!

Hey Ruthles what do you think of my haul today?

8kNMpt8h.jpg

Niiice. Thank you.

No worries! I think we played together once way back in an old IB.
Feel free to send me a friend request, PSN is the same as GAF name.

Anyone doing IB? This is the most mind numbing thing I've done in Destiny. playing with randoms is disgusting. They cap a point and just all leave instantly, lose all the points and run around like complete idiots every time.

Great games Tears and GoreLies, two pretty smooth Mercury runs this morning!
Also, welcome to the 3 newest Sons: GongStation, GoreLies and Cyberpunk-Psycho!

Awesome! New blood. Welcome!

@Robinson: What are GongStation and GoreLies PSN's? Want to add them. Also, jealous of all those Trials shaders!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom