• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Tries it, not really fast. Comes up about the same time as D pad mode imo, I don't even see it providing any advantage over touchpad typing.

Don't see why I'd use any of thee over phone anyway.

Well any typing is better than no typing.

If someone doesn't bother to take 10 seconds to type a simple message stating the activity then I'm not going to accept it and go in blind. I find it rather rude honestly.

OkayRene

Gawddamn PSN moving slow. Ended up joining Tears's party chat by accident. Wanted to join the guy below his id.

giphy.gif

Ganhyun

Question for you guys..

I am running armor of light in IB. I have a max armor Titan with Saint 14. A guy on the other team kept being able to come into my bubble and 1 shot me with felwinters lie no matter what and he never got blinded as he would immediately be able to turn and jump and kill other teammates as such.

IS that a glitch, or is he doing something non smurfy? He also, a at one point, was able to come in and one hit melee kill me too. I am 34 btw.

Question for you guys..

I am running armor of light in IB. I have a max armor Titan with Saint 14. A guy on the other team kept being able to come into my bubble and 1 shot me with felwinters lie no matter what and he never got blinded as he would immediately be able to turn and jump and kill other teammates as such.

IS that a glitch, or is he doing something non smurfy? He also, a at one point, was able to come in and one hit melee kill me too. I am 34 btw.

Not sure on the benefits of armour of light, I always use blessing, gives you an over shield.
Someone with more knowledge will probably reply soon.

Question for you guys..

Sounds like bullshit to me. He definitely shouldn't be able to one-hit melee you, but a shotgun could probably take you out even with armour of light. I don't play defender enough to really know.
Not sure on the benefits of armour of light, I always use blessing, gives you an over shield.
Someone with more knowledge will probably reply soon.

Armour of Light makes you harder to kill while inside the bubble. It's like being Blessed twice. Much better than Blessing.

X-Frame

Slightly off topic but I'm loving the curated playlists on Apple Music. I think Spotify is gonna be used only on my PS4 now.

Btw do you guys play music in the background while playing Destiny? What are your faves? I used to play the Interstellar soundtrack when playing solo to make it feel dramatic :p or Thelonious Monk for grinding mindless bounties.

I love listening to music when I play Destiny! The default OST hasn't been on for me probably since Bungie gave us the ability to turn it off.

I haven't had a chance to explore the curated playlists yet, but since I hearted my entire iTunes library the For You tab has recommended me some awesome playlists and albums.

But yeah my Spotify will mostly just be for playlists and albums I'd listen to when playing PS4. There really isn't any reason to use it otherwise for me personally. Being able to play Spotify through my Sony Gold's is amazing.

I like anything from the ambient or "psybient" genre when playing Destiny. Space ambient is wonderful for PvE.

Ganhyun

Sounds like bullshit to me. He definitely shouldn't be able to one-hit melee you, but a shotgun could probably take you out even with armour of light. I don't play defender enough to really know.

Armour of Light makes you harder to kill while inside the bubble. It's like being Blessed twice. Much better than Blessing.

I wasn't sure about the shotgun being able to do that. I'd never seen that happen before. After he did the melee kill, I kinda just said whatever and figured he was cheating and reported him.

If you take MrAnderson's offer to do the highest level of the weekly (lvl 32) you can get 6 more coins. But I understand if don't want to do it since you already had a not so good experience in that strike (I really don't like it). But you would be playing with gaffers so I'm sure it wouldn't be so painful ;p

But can you do it twice and get rewards from both difficulty settings? With the daily for example, if I try to do it again it on a harder level it won't give anything.

I'm doing these on around level 26, and still having it kinda hard For the record, the gamepad is still a major handicap for me in FPS). Today's daily had me with the issue of lossing control when managing big numbers of enemies. Easy at first and dispatching then with the scout rifle ( I don't really like the auto), but when the minotaurs came I started dying fast until I changed the strategy to retreating inside and using the shotgun.

A fast turn feature would help, TBH. I'm ok with the default sensitivity of the stick, though.

ocean

Banned
Question for you guys..

Blessing of Light is not intended for you to stay in your bubble and defend it. It's not that strong. Blessing is designed for you to gain an overshield and win encounters where you would have traded. If you and an enemy are shooting each other, blessing means you win. Running Blessing or Weapons, a Bladedancer can just stand outside and kill you in 2 Razor's Edges. With armor...lol hell just waste his super trying :p

Armor of Light only works while you and your teammates are inside the bubble, but that's the perk that makes you practically invincible inside of it. With a shotgun in hand, even a Bladedancer runs a risk contesting your bubble.

ocean

Banned
But can you do it twice and get rewards from both difficulty settings? With the daily for example, if I try to do it again it on a harder level it won't give anything.

I'm doing these on around level 26, and still having it kinda hard For the record, the gamepad is still a major handicap for me in FPS). Today's daily had me with the issue of lossing control when managing big numbers of enemies. Easy at first and dispatching then with the scout rifle ( I don't really like the auto), but when the minotaurs came I started dying fast until I changed the strategy to retreating inside and using the shotgun.

A fast turn feature would help, TBH. I'm ok with the default sensitivity of the stick, though.
Yeah the Weekly Strike behaves like Raids in that you can run lower levels first and still get rewards from higher levels. If you do level 32 you just get all the lower tier rewards directly.

So if you run 32 you get 9 coins. If you did 28 first and got 3 coins, doing 32 will let you get the other 6 :)

Yeah the Weekly Strike behaves like Raids in that you can run lower levels first and still get rewards from higher levels. If you do level 32 you just get all the lower tier rewards directly.

So if you run 32 you get 9 coins. If you did 28 first and got 3 coins, doing 32 will let you get the other 6 :)

thanks. Nice, maybe I can jump in later, until a VoG group is assembled. Just need to stock on Groceries and Monster (Fuck Redbull) and I will be in for a crazy night. This thing with the heat and not being able to sleep until really tired...

Daemul

Question for you guys..

If you were running armour of light than I don't see how he could one shot with with a felwinters. It takes 3 bladedancer slashes to kill a max armour Defender with armour of light bubble so I have no idea how something which does significantly less damage took you out, nevermind a melee kill lol. That dude was probably doing something dodgy.

ocean

Banned
IB medals should really all turn in automatically after 5 losses....
If you mean giving you the XP after you're capped on Medallions, that would be equivalent to just eliminating the system and giving you XP on each loss. Which wouldn't be bad I guess? But 5+ loss streaks are rare enough that I don't mind.

I wonder why IB gear is still expensive as hell when ToO gear is so cheap. Would be nice if they brought the IB price down....extensively.

Manp

i had a game yesterday where clown cartridge on my radegast procced on every reload... basically i got 7 rockets instead of 4 lol.

people where rushing me thinking i couldn't possibly still have rockets, guess what happened :D

bitsurugi

Nice Bitsurugi, rolled an exact same Radegast's as you yesterday. Seems almost identical to Tomorrow's Answer.

I really don't like Tomorrow's, dont know why, but i seem to miss a LOT. Doing better with Dream-wanker, but too slow and a bit loo little radius.

Tried a super good roll of radegast with speed reload and clown cartridge, but i soon realized that 1 rocket in a chamber is a NO-GO, esp with blink, since it cancels animation of the reload.

Really looking forward to using this one, old radegast was awesome in practice, this one has even more potential, love the fast velocity and insane blast radious. RoF is slow, but hey, can't have all.

ocean

Banned
I really don't like Tomorrow's, dont know why, but i seem to miss a LOT. Doing better with Dream-wanker, but too slow and a bit loo little radius.

Tried a super good roll of radegast with speed reload and clown cartridge, but i soon realized that 1 rocket in a chamber is a NO-GO, esp with blink, since it cancels animation of the reload.

Really looking forward to using this one, old radegast was awesome in practice, this one has even more potential, love the fast velocity and insane blast radious. RoF is slow, but hey, can't have all.
As long as you have Tripod, RoF will very rarely come into play for me but reading comments I feel I'm alone in that regard :p. The stock 1 rocket magazine can be killer though, easy to die while reloading.

I think only once or twice I've missed a kill because I couldn't fire more quickly (discounting times when I was reloading of course).

I've been doing great with Tomorrow's Answer, so I'm looking forward to fully level my Radegasts. Never had one until 2 days ago. Man I hate that reload cancel when blinking away...

Ganhyun

Blessing of Light is not intended for you to stay in your bubble and defend it. It's not that strong. Blessing is designed for you to gain an overshield and win encounters where you would have traded. If you and an enemy are shooting each other, blessing means you win. Running Blessing or Weapons, a Bladedancer can just stand outside and kill you in 2 Razor's Edges. With armor...lol hell just waste his super trying :p

Armor of Light only works while you and your teammates are inside the bubble, but that's the perk that makes you practically invincible inside of it. With a shotgun in hand, even a Bladedancer runs a risk contesting your bubble.

I was using AoL. I use it in PVP because its supposed to make you nearly invincible and I use it to make sure we cap a point if necessary or to secure the heavy.

nOoblet16

I was using AoL. I use it in PVP because its supposed to make you nearly invincible and I use it to make sure we cap a point if necessary or to secure the heavy.

High impact shotguns can kill you still with armour of light, the player must have entered the bubble knowing exactly where you were and fired despite being blind, resulting in you dying and the rest of the team losing armour of light leading to that guy killing them too. I think you also lose the blinding effect if the titan is dead.

X-Frame

Don't use a bubble in PVP, especially Iron Banner. Any super counters it.

I think the bubble is fine if used primarily for a team buff, not as an actual shield.

Don't use it on capture points and areas where teammates will likely just sit inside or else yes it is a big sign that says "Use Your Super Here". Instead, place your bubble in safer areas where your team is patrolling and so that the enemy can't easily see it to destroy it and use it to pop in and out to receive Weapons/Blessing of Light.

If we have the advantageous spawn point I'll often use it in that area as a "Form Up Here" signal. Players often can't resist popping in and out of the bubble for the buffs so they won't stray too far out to flip the spawns or run off on their own.

Still, I'd use Defender mostly to change things up -- the Striker is often the better choice. Equip Lightning Grenades (Armamentarium if you have it), Aftermath, and Aftershocks and with a high Intellect & Discipline you can be locking down areas so often for your team.

ocean

Banned
Armor of Light buffs you to 185% your health. Assuming you run a full armor build - which you should - that's a lot of extra damage you can tank. Not sure if Illuminated buffs that further.

If someone, while blind, managed to do this damage to you they got lucky or something is wrong in the picture :p

Nuszka

Just got home for my 2 hour split shift from work, turns my wife went with her friend to watch magic mike in the cinema. Thanks mike for an hour and a half in crucible :)

Ganhyun

Armor of Light buffs you to 185% your health. Assuming you run a full armor build - which you should - that's a lot of extra damage you can tank. Not sure if Illuminated buffs that further.

If someone, while blind, managed to do this damage to you they got lucky or something is wrong in the picture :p

Dude was consistently able to 1 shot me or 1 hit melee kill me. Im playing as my hunter now, so Im not going to run into it again at this point. He also did it to two other titans as well, so idaknow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom