• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I wish I didn't suck at the PvP in this game. Sorry for dragging you two down Todd. I'd love to get to see the Lighthouse at least once while playing destiny...buuut I don't think thats gonna happen.

Haha I just tried doing the same thing, except I couldn't kill him in time :(

An entire mag of my Song of Ir Yut (arc machine gun) couldn't bring his shields down.
It is done now, but...

I sat at the top of the building while waiting for the next event and started making dinner. 5 minutes later two guardians are dancing in front on me. 5 minutes again I return to see what the heck is going on and they are shooting my head. In the end I went to kill some wolves with them and ended getting help from them to kill Urzog.

Man I wish I didn't suck at the PvP in this game. Sorry for dragging you two down Todd. I'd love to get to see the Lighthouse at least once while playing destiny...buuut I don't think thats gonna happen.

Yo, sorry for not responding to your PSN message, didn't see it until later and can't actually play now anyway. Maybe later tonight or sometime this weekend I can try to help out. I'll try to twist Zoba or Stabie or Rubenov or Val or someone else's arm to help as well :p

ocean

Banned
Not to worry, you're in good company. You and ocean have joined an illustrious group of DGAF rage-uninstallers that includes such distinguished gentlemen as Dhruv and Rawr. Probably others that I've forgotten. Welcome!
:(
You didn't see that lad Drizz
It was so horrible

Yo, sorry for not responding to your PSN message, didn't see it until later and can't actually play now anyway. Maybe later tonight or sometime this weekend I can try to help out. I'll try to twist Zoba or Stabie or Rubenov or Val or someone else's arm to help as well :p

That would be awesome man. Apparently I can PvE the shit out of this game lol. But ehhh other people are hard.

Oh come on Zombie you're not THAT bad.

Well; its funny. I ended up finishing out rank 5 in iron banner and decided to just play some regular crucible...pulled 1.5 - 2.0 pretty consistently so weird. Then I'm like "fuck it...ToO" noooope. Crushed. I felt bad for Todd and my boy we were running with.

GhaleonEB

Edit: ^ Song is not so great for Urzok. An arc shotty, especially Found Verdict is excellent, with Thunderlord as your exotic heavy if you have either. A Titan Defender with Saint helm to blind him is the best approach if possible.
A Titan with a flash bang works very well as well; just toss into the fray and unload.

lt519

I need to learn to Titan better. Sorry for spending half that Skolas run staring at my floating Ghost.

Bumped my LDR to 365, will be nice to have a good sniper.

Nice that's what I run around with, a 365 LDR with final round, unflinching and shortgaze, it's a beast.

Don't worry we all took our turns dying in that Skolas fight. I had a lot of fun, we had pretty good team chemistry. It was just a matter of not getting caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. Too bad no weapons dropped, hope they up that drop rate someday. We would of had it that first time we got through the mines but my girlfriend decided to start asking me to go get ice cream and distract me on purpose, she gets a kick out of it. Told her later if she hadn't distracted me we could of gotten ice cream a whole hour earlier haha!

Gala

Only 4:3 in my first trials ever, but I learned a lot and those losses were really close and tense matches. Thanks Gong and Wheel!

Thanks Gala and Gong for the good run. I am frustrated with my playstyle for bigger maps, so I'm making the following rule with myself:

• No shotguns outside of Trials of Osiris

I am ready to be a good sniper, and racking up 20+ kills in Control running around with a Matador and Tomorrow's Answer isn't satisfying anymore. When Nghtly's clanmates use a shottie in Rumble, he always yells at them, "Use a primary, you scrub!" He's right. In the end, high-level PVP comes down to 1v1 primary weapon exchanges, and I'm losing too many.

Also, Gala got reported for lag-switching :p

gatti-man

The launch of the taken king will be your last best hope. Practice guardian.

Gong

Thanks Gala and Gong for the good run. I am frustrated with my playstyle for bigger maps, so I'm making the following rule with myself:

• No shotguns outside of Trials of Osiris

I am ready to be a good sniper, and racking up 20+ kills in Control running around with a Matador and Tomorrow's Answer isn't satisfying anymore. When Nghtly's clanmates use a shottie in Rumble, he always yells at them, "Use a primary, you scrub!" He's right. In the end, high-level PVP comes down to 1v1 primary weapon exchanges, and I'm losing too many.

Also, Gala got reported for lag-switching :p

No worries, was good fun. And :lol at the reporting of Gala! Ironic considering their connection was worse than trash.

Only 4:3 in my first trials ever, but I learned a lot and those losses were really close and tense matches. Thanks Gong and Wheel!

You're more than welcome, you did bloody good considering it was your first run in trials, you totally sherpa'd us on the second (third?) round, impressive stuff.

gatti-man

You haven't yet faced the Full Scumbag Dream Team I've imagined. It's:

1 Sunsingers wearing The Ram
Firebolt + Viking Funeral + Touch of Flame

2 Defender wearing Glasshouse
Weapons of Light + Bastion + Untouchable

All 3 using high impact snipers.

You might be saying: Defenders in a scumbag team? Get out of here. Except you'd be wrong. Weapons of Light will turn *every single sniper shot* into a Final Round equivalent. imagine a team having 2 rounds where they can pop a bubble and basically buff themselves into having a minute of uninterrupted, unmitigated "shot you in the toe and you're dead" douchebaggery.

And then imagine that they'll be able to do this for at the very least 2 rounds since they have 2 Defenders. And Heavy round doesn't even count so you're basically dealing with the maximum level of assholery for half the game.
This is a good idea *dusts off glass house.

noomi

Hey guys, hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend:) Been relaxing on the boardwalk and pool all day. Feels good to get away for a bit, will be back tomorrow night depending on traffic.

Happy 4th of July :D

I hope Sony is calling my German small town internet provider and I get better internet as a result.

Boy, those guys were salty and insulting :D

We had some insane lag as well in our run with Bitsurugi. Guys shooting shotgun shells out of their ass, bladedancer who got Fist of Havoc'ed and just walked it off etc. We would have a long list of people to report by that standard :p

Excuse the stupid question. But the Reef was part of the house of wolves expansion right? Doing dark below and don't wanna jump ahead

FyreWulff

I need to learn to Titan better. Sorry for spending half that Skolas run staring at my floating Ghost.

Bumped my LDR to 365, will be nice to have a good sniper.

Punch things, make bubbles, punch things inside bubble

run away from things, but turn around and punch them

Excuse the stupid question. But the Reef was part of the house of wolves expansion right? Doing dark below and don't wanna jump ahead

Reef was part of HoW but it's just a new social space with a few HoW-related vendors. You won't really spoil yourself for anything if you go there first. Honestly Destiny isn't designed to be very linear from one task to the next, especially once you get towards the end game. For example, the HoW strike is added into the Strike playlist with the vanilla and TDB strikes.

Feel free to check out the Reef if you get curious.

Fists of Fail

yg1D0X.gif

Fist of Win

vOQxPZ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom