• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Definity

I give up. The lag in IB is unacceptable. So many BS kills and invincible people running around. Doesnt matter if I go solo or on a gaf train. The last IB was a bit better than this one.

SpecX

Fuck! Team finally was on a good run going 4 - 0 in the trials and we lost it 4 - 5. Another week of sucking with no rewards :(

So many rage quitters i kid you not 8 matches in a row ive ended up on a mid match with no possible way to win due so many that dont know what a come back is.

cakely

Round 4 of the level 32 PoE is: Hive, Defuse Mines, Arc burn.

What a sack of fucking s**t that is. You have to stay out in the open while two wizards and knights that can kill you in two hits take shots at you. I've been in groups that defeated it twice before but that is inordinately difficult.

Any tips? Anything obvious we're missing? We tried about ten times before one of the party had to leave.

What a sack of fucking s**t that is. You have to stay out in the open while two wizards and knights that can kill you in two hits take shots at you. I've been in groups that defeated it twice before but that is inordinately difficult.

Any tips? Anything obvious we're missing? We tried about ten times before one of the party had to leave.

If you have hunters, use invisibility perks to defuse mines.

Titans use blinding bubble.

If nothing works still, cheese the door spawn so the hive won't even come out of the doors and you can defuse the mines easily.

SnakeEyes

Banned

Titan bubble, or cloaked Hunter.

Only way to do it safely is a bubble titan for one mine and invisible hunter for the other two.i use bladedance invis for the furthest mine then crouch invis to the next and when sneak wears off just melee the mine itself for the melee sneak.

cakely

If you have hunters, use invisibility perks to defuse mines.

Titans use blinding bubble.

If nothing works still, cheese the door spawn so the hive won't even come out of the doors and you can defuse the mines easily.

By cheese do you mean kill stuff as it pours out? Or is there a way to stop them from coming out?

cakely

Only way to do it safely is a bubble titan for one mine and invisible hunter for the other two.i use bladedance invis for the furthest mine then crouch invis to the next and when sneak wears off just melee the mine itself for the melee sneak.

I think Arc Blade invisibility is what we were missing. We had a hunter but he was only using crouch invisibility. Meleeing the mine is a stroke of genius, btw.

I'm level 34 and haven't yet finished a raid from beginning to end. Think I need to do the normal ones a couple of times.

Jumped in for the middle fight in Glass last night and got Fatebringer and Found Verdict. So so so lucky.

neoism

well got max rank now i need glimmer....

zzzzzzZzzzzzZzzzZzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzz

holy fucking shit bungie increase the damn cap 25k is ridiculous.....
-___-

neoism

Gorgons chest hm or glimmer farming? Anyone, Bueller... Bueller....

yeah i asked everyone on but no one had it i guess i try for it tomorrow... its just the concept... i wish they would increase the cap sooo i wouldn't have to do shit like this as much....
its like having a 5k max gold limit in d3 or something....

it keeps us playing but with shitty gameplay we have done over and over and over again....
they should be more than one good way to do it....
:/

Well, my first day with my Warlock being gone pretty much sucked. Couldn't get passed 4 wins in Trials and IB is a lagfest.

I miss nova bombing in IB and resurrecting and saving the day in trials.

Sadface.

Goodnight DGAF. Back to the work grind tomorrow.
and maybe after a few more trials attempts, I'll resurrect my main char to take him through the Trials of relevelling.

So I was complaining about IB being completely unplayable because of the lag, but I actually fixed it!

Turns out my "wired" connection was actually really poor because I use one of those Ethernet adapter thingies that plugs into a wall power outlet.

However, if I put my Xbox on WiFi it works perfectly!

NOW I WILL GET GHELEONS DEMISE

yeah i asked everyone on but no one had it i guess i try for it tomorrow... its just the concept... i wish they would increase the cap sooo i wouldn't have to do shit like this as much....
its like having a 5k max gold limit in d3 or something....

it keeps us playing but with shitty gameplay we have done over and over and over again....
they should be more than one good way to do it....
:/

I've got the gorgons HM checkpoint. I can host it for a bit if people are interested.

Future

Got one character up to rank 5 in IB and realized I had no reason to. I was just hoping to go back to the feeling of excitement again after burning out of the normal weekly stuff. It was great playing with a full fireteam again, making me really hope the new raid in TK is gonna be good.

I will most likely not be playing much pvp until crucible gets changed. Currently you have 4 possible primaries that you see in pvp: Thorn, Last word, red death, and hawkmoon. All of these can kill in under a second at sniper range, and its ridiculous. I'd like to see a meta where ttk is basically doubled(I.e. no primary can kill in under a second), shotguns cannot one-shot people at any range(blink shotgun is too prevalent), final round and other damage boosts are not enough to one shot on snipers(headshots are fine- good even), fusion rifles are relevant, and there is a similar ttk for every weapon class.

I won't really talk about lag, not too much they can do there that's fair to everyone.

Welp... Rant over I guess.
For now

Yeah, those 4 primaries are the core of pvp. It is a different experience with each of those, which is kind of cool. But it'd be nice to get some more variety in there

People sprinting at you with shotguns is the most tiring of all though. Mainly because it can be hard to shoot a blinking, sliding, and sprinting person before they get in shot package range. Players with the most kills almost always have a shotgun

Okay, why does no one talk about Oversoul Edict?

It's a complete monster with full auto and the stability upgrade.

For those who don't know, it's the arc pulse rifle you get from crotas end hard mode

Jinjo

Today is the happiest day in all of Destiny for me. I just got the bounty for Thorn. I can finally be competitive in the Trials of Osiris!

That happiness will turn into tears and anger when you get to the void-kills part of the bounty. Hope you have a void Messenger.

Last call for HM gorgons :3

PSN: MrChowderClam

omg top of page

KEMyFQ6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom