• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wireless connections should be banned from pvp. That stuff just ain't right!! I gave wireless a go this morning and the lag was unreal. Switch back to wired and people die when I shoot them but still a lot of laggy mofos out there teleporting

I'd be down for either IB post bounty reset or VoG if there's a group.

I love VoG so much. It is always so cool to show people the alternate way to get to Templar. I hope the the Dreadnought has some similar hidden elements to its raid, bring back some of the magic of VoG.

Yep, that's my takeaway every time I do a VoG run, especially w new people. I appreciate it more every time. Luke's E3 interviews with Giant Bomb and others made it clear they are very intent on bringing that mystery back with the Dreadnaught and the new raid. He talked about secrets, puzzles, hidden passageways, invisible platforms, etc. Seeing a chest off in the distance and needing to figure out how the hell to get over to it. Can't wait!

^Sounds good DJ. I'll log on here in 10-15.

Good run guys 7-0 then an heartbreaking 8-2 finish. Good matches. Is astral shotgun any good DGAF?

Like Cobra said it's decent. A higher impact void shotty relative to Swordbreaker but it's perks are meh. My god roll Matador is also Void so I use that as well as Astral in VoG.

My first Video Gif, please be gentle.....

This is awesome! And a very apt page top. :) I always appreciate when people take the time to make and post cool gifs.

riotfig

Neo Member
WELCOME to the mad house.

edit: the suros is rly pretty. kind of sad it's useless in PvE now T_T

edit2: got full auto, luck in the chamber, AB, and smallbore on my matador. Worth it? or reroll till I get shot package?

Thanks.
I still believe in the suros. Hope they get it fix and balanced. It was my first exotic weapon. :)

So burnt out on this since i saw Taken King :(

Just playing ESO for now as just cant get into this.. i suppose it does not help i have all exotics aside from that necro one :(

Thanks.
I still believe in the suros. Hope they get it fix and balanced. It was my first exotic weapon. :)

It was my first exotic as well. I used it for everything. VoG, IB, regular crucible, patrols. It was so good. I still hope for it to get buffed a bit and I will gladly switch back to it.

Did you guys see this ridiculous Red Bull promotional video?

It starts with a title card for The Taken King, followed by the text, "THE QUEST IS COMING". A voice is heard over a radio, "Flame, we've got a mission for you." FlamesworD appears confused (which is understandable considering what follows): cut to high-altitude skydiver standing at open cargo door, then some other confused white guy, then a close up of gloved hand revving a motorbike, then a climber watching an avalanche, then a serious guy in goggles, then dirt bike kicking up a mess, then skydiver rocketing past, then FlamesworD turning his head to the right at a medium pace, then a parkour guy front-flipping over a short park stairway, then the ice climber again, only this time FlamesworD, donning Red Bull ball cap and Astro headset shouts "Loose ice, watch out!" and then back to the ice climber who pick-axes off a chunk of the wall. The closing title card is displayed: "POWER-UPS FOR YOUR QUEST IN DESTINY...GET BONUS XP STARTING 7.1.15". All of this happens in 20 seconds.

Aside from the copious non-sequitur, the contrast of extreme sports and playing Destiny is hilariously bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s442QJA_sZE

Did you guys see this ridiculous Red Bull promotional video?

It starts with a title card for The Taken King, followed by the text, "THE QUEST IS COMING". A voice is heard over a radio, "Flame, we've got a mission for you." Flamesword appears confused (which is understandable considering what follows): cut to high-altitude skydiver standing at open cargo door, then some other confused white guy, then a close up of gloved hand revving a motorbike, then a climber watching an avalanche, then a serious guy in goggles, then dirt bike kicking up a mess, then skydiver rocketing past, then Flamesword turning his head to the right at a medium pace, then a parkour guy front-flipping over a short park stairway, then the ice climber again, only this time Flamesword, donning Red Bull ball cap and Astro headset shouts "Loose ice, watch out!" and then back to the ice climber who pick-axes off a chunk of the wall. The closing title card is displayed: "POWER-UPS FOR YOUR QUEST IN DESTINY...GET BONUS XP STARTING 7.1.15". All of this happens in 20 seconds.

The contrast of extreme sports and playing Destiny is hilariously bad.

https://youtu.be/s442QJA_sZE

I hadn't... and I wish it had stayed that way. That was an abomination.

Feorax

Dear RNG,

Please stop giving me Split Shifter Pro. There is no point. FR's are dead.

A matador would be nice.

Kthxbye,

Feorax.

Langy

Sounds like we have 4 for HM VoG now, anybody else? Newbies are welcome as well.

Hope you don't mind me joining your Daily while we wait, just in time for waking the Hive! :)

No not at all, always more fun to have extra people smashing the hive! I seem to be on a roll getting legendary drops from the daily at the minute!

I'm ready for the Vault run whenever, just gonna do the daily in my other 2 while we wait...

TP-DK

Unbelivable. Im playing trials and we got matched with the same team three times in a row. We won the first two matches and they left before the third.

3 wins for us, but it must be irritating for them.

Ah. Forgive my ignorance. I don't know any gaming personalities these days.

Unbelivable. Im playing trials and we got matched with the same team three times in a row. We won the first two matches and they left before the third.

3 wins for us, but it must be irritating for them.

Happened to me this week, but we were the losing team. Lost 0-5 the first game, 1-4 the second game, and 0-5 the third. We were flawless until then. But whatever. Got to 5 wins and snagged the hunter arms.

When you beastin' on the whole team by yo self and then hear Lord Shax say "You've captured Zone A" on Shores of Time

CJHB43FUAAAKrUk.jpg

Luckily all it did was mean I had triple pts for a couple mins

Gong

Morning DGAF, hope everyone is well and good.

A fantastic weekend of playing Trials, thanks for the games everyone. I got my Hunter to Mercury, Warlock ended at 7-3 but I still fall short with my Titan in ToO. Maybe one day I'll get that particular character to Mercury. Really enjoyed being part of Gala's first Trials experience, that was a great deal of fun. My only regret is we couldn't help you get the 5 wins for that piece of armour.

Skele7on

Banned
had a team in trials yesterday that decided to just continually kill themselves.

It was weird. Also great weekend in IB just playing alone but carrying teams to victory was cool!

Feorax

I feel I should point out that if you're that guy who just takes heavy ammo as soon as it drops, when there are no enemies around and it's obvious your teammates are on their way (and are reasonably close), then you should jump off a cliff...

Homeboyd

Funnily enough, I may end up doing that. As streaming from Xbone seems to be the only way I can rip party chat audio for my twitch stream lol.
You running trials later on xbone? Coming back from a week away from destiny and am planning on running a few later.

Lombax

Banned
Morning all,

I picked up a copy of Destiny yesterday and like what I have played thus far. I do have one question in regards to the contents of the box. What came in the new copies? Am I missing any DLC codes that came with new copies or is the PS4 content just in the game?
As you can see by my "new" copy from GameStop, I'm a bit curious...
IMG_20150705_131238.jpg

IMG_20150705_131247.jpg

This obviously was my mistake, and I should have remembered I must be ever vigilant at GameStop. I though about returning it once I got home and opened the box, but i'll use this as a reminder to never go there again instead!

Morning all,

I picked up a copy of Destiny yesterday and like what I have played thus far. I do have one question in regards to the contents of the box. What came in the new copies? Am I missing any DLC codes that came with new copies or is the PS4 content just in the game?
IMG_20150705_131238.jpg

IMG_20150705_131247.jpg

This obviously was my mistake, and I should have remembered I must be ever vigilant at GameStop. I though about returning it once I got home and opened the box, but i'll use this as a reminder to never go there again instead!

Edit: Apparently I was wrong, anyway Best Buy, GCU, enough said.

The version with all the DLC is The Taken King expansion. You can get it digitally at the min and it gives you access to all currently existing content and will give you taken king when it is released in september

Morning all,

http://s14.postimg.org/h8fc6zg29/IMG_20150705_131238.jpg
http://s24.postimg.org/5ani8o0c5/IMG_20150705_131247.jpg

The PS4 content is just in the game, no DLC codes required.

Morning all,

IMG_20150705_131238.jpg

IMG_20150705_131247.jpg

Weapons that you will never use really :p but if I may suggest it would be better way waiting for the September release of The Taken King. It is the next expansion, which is release on disc containing all release DLC and base game for $60. It's a better price for you in the end I believe :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom