• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last call for HM gorgons :3

PSN: MrChowderClam

omg top of page

KEMyFQ6.gif

That's one sweet way to end a match!
middle of the page though

riotfig

Neo Member
After clocking in at 647 hours and I believe this is my first post in the OT.

Yay for me?

Oh, DGAF Asia here, GMT +8. Psn ID is in profile. I'm up for anything.

Manp

That happiness will turn into tears and anger when you get to the void-kills part of the bounty. Hope you have a void Messenger.

i remember doing that part with Atheon's Epilogue, a Void Comedian and Truth on my titan :|

Jinjo

Last call for HM gorgons :3

PSN: MrChowderClam

omg top of page

http://i.imgur.com/KEMyFQ6.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

You'd figure by now people pay more attention to whether they really get top of the page or not. :P

Anyone wanna help my Titan get another 3 wins in ToO tonight? Already have 5 (with one loss), just wanna go for the E.Light in the 6 & 8 win packages.

[quote="Manp, post: 171038111"]i remember doing that part with Atheon's Epilogue, a Void Comedian and Truth on my titan :|[/QUOTE]

Before or after AR's got nerfed? :P I used a void shotgun and Corrective Measure most of all. I camped heavy like a little bitch in IB and then I went to town. This was when enemies would still drop their heavy when you killed them. The rest was kill-trading with magnetic grenades lol.

After clocking in at 647 hours and I believe this is my first post in the OT.

Yay for me?

Oh, DGAF Asia here, GMT +8. Psn ID is in profile. I'm up for anything.

WELCOME to the mad house.

edit: the suros is rly pretty. kind of sad it's useless in PvE now T_T

edit2: got full auto, luck in the chamber, AB, and smallbore on my matador. Worth it? or reroll till I get shot package?

Jinjo

WELCOME to the mad house.

edit: the suros is rly pretty. kind of sad it's useless in PvE now T_T

:(

Suros was my main bae in the VoG era. Even in raids and stuff it was really, really good. The damage boost on it was amazing. Shame they nerfed that for PvE too.

ocean

Banned
I think Arc Blade invisibility is what we were missing. We had a hunter but he was only using crouch invisibility. Meleeing the mine is a stroke of genius, btw.
If you have Khepri's (sold 2 weeks ago by Xur), you can go invisible forever. Just have something else on. Then crouch to go invisible and while invisible, you equip those gauntlets.

By equipping the gauntlets while invisible, the Subclass invisibility perk and the Gauntlet invisibility perks are on different cool downs. The result is you can crouch to go invisible, then when it runs out you can immediately crouch to go invisible again. Could led with Blink Strike and your Super, you really should manage to be permanently invisible.

It also helps, but isn't necessary, to have PoE armor with Hive buffs like the pieces sold during the first weeks. They were all Strength and got a lot of crap for it, but wearing that stuff will forever be you a lot more armor and agility and help you recover your super and grenades more quickly.

:(

Suros was my main bae in the VoG era. Even in raids and stuff it was really, really good. The damage boost on it was amazing. Shame they nerfed that for PvE too.

Yep... I remember staying up till reset for Xur to buy it. It's just collecting dust in my vault since the nerf though :c

I don't miss hearing those tennis balls in crucible all the time though lol. I'm not sure which is worse though, getting sniped by thorn or being stoned to death by the tennis ball dispenser

Manp

Before or after AR's got nerfed? :p I used a void shotgun and Corrective Measure most of all. I camped heavy like a little bitch in IB and then I went to town. This was when enemies would still drop their heavy when you killed them. The rest was kill-trading with magnetic grenades lol.

it was still absolutely useless. there were no good void primaries, nerf or not :(

To be fair, that's a pretty beastly roll if it were a Judgement IV (higher RoF, 3 round mag, LitC), but yeah for Fellwinter's/Matador/Party Crasher you want Shot Package.
Yeah it would be awesome if it wasn't for the fact all of these other ridiculous ass shotguns exist. Even something as great as Found Verdict can barely compete anymore.

To be fair, that's a pretty beastly roll if it were a Judgement IV (higher RoF, 3 round mag, LitC), but yeah for Fellwinter's/Matador/Party Crasher you want Shot Package.

Yeah it would be awesome if it wasn't for the fact all of these other ridiculous ass shotguns exist. Even something as great as Found Verdict can barely compete anymore.

Welp. Burned through my glimmer. I need to stop gambling. I have a comedian with a god-tier roll (knee pads, shot package, hammer forged, AB), but the matador/party crasher outrange it by a decent margin.

it was still absolutely useless. there were no good void primaries, nerf or not :(

AEpilogue was decent at the very, very beginning before the first AR nerf. The crit multiplier reduction really hurt. I've done 3 Thorn bounties, one on each character class. Titan was my first way back in the day with Epilogue, a void Fusion Rifle and mag grenades. It definitely took a while. Hunter was tough too with no void abilities, but doing Warlock was a joke especially since I had a void shotty, CMeasure and a void Jolders by then.

What? You can't buy it at rank 3 :/.

Hmm not sure why you wouldn't be able to buy it at rank 3. I got two per character last IB and one at rank 3 this IB on the only character I've played (haven't done much IB this time).

Ganhyun

So I was complaining about IB being completely unplayable because of the lag, but I actually fixed it!

Turns out my "wired" connection was actually really poor because I use one of those Ethernet adapter thingies that plugs into a wall power outlet.

However, if I put my Xbox on WiFi it works perfectly!

NOW I WILL GET GHELEONS DEMISE

Sounds like the cabling in the wall has an issue.

What? You can't buy it at rank 3 :/.

Yep. You can buy one at rank 3 and another at rank 5 for a total of two per character per IB week.

After being away from Destiny and DGAF for ~2 months, yesterday was a blast. IB, Daily mission, all around chillout stuff. Love it. <3

Story time:

A window I never even knew existed
0PQkMGe.gif

The rare Double Fisted Failure

Wicked: He's got a super, watch out.
Me: What is he a Tita-
mPQD6V.gif

At least you can see my Hypescotch Pilgrim shat on his Messenger

ocean

Banned
I did the Thorn bounty with a then-decent AE. Corrective measure, Magnetic Grenades. These accounted for maybe 10% of my kills.

The other 90%? Light/Beware. Void. Accelerated Coils. Broken as heeeck before FR nerf :p

Jinjo

Even so just grab one of Monday's bounties and you are sorted

Yeah, but that'll take you 2-3 matches atleast. Winning the single match is way more easier. Nothing more frustrating than needing a couple points and it taking the longest possible amount of time to achieve.

I love VoG so much. It is always so cool to show people the alternate way to get to Templar. I hope the the Dreadnought has some similar hidden elements to its raid, bring back some of the magic of VoG.

Yeah, that's typically how it works. This game is brilliantly adept at keeping what you need from you.
I've been trying to get to 7 wins in trials and i've gone 6-3 so many times now.
Even so just grab one of Monday's bounties and you are sorted
Yeah I was just trying to do it before I went to bed. I'll probably end up staying up just because it's gonna bug me so much, haha.

nOoblet16

It's downright fascinating how for months you and I have disagreed on basically everything in the game with very few exceptions :p

But as for a perk not affecting the hitbox, don't get stuck on semantics. There are video demonstrations of a shot just outside the head against a stationary enemy in Crucible for testing purposes. The non-HH shot missed even if it was only a hair outside the head, while the HH hand cannon actually counted as a hit.

This was not observed when using HH on a Sniper Rifle. The hitbox - or area which you can shoot for a headshot to count if you'd rather I use another term - was increased for primary weapons using Hidden Hand but not for Sniper Rifles.

What was observed was a longer period of "stickiness" for the reticule when around the target. This indeed helps with swipe aiming (which is where the Aim Assistance stat actually comes into play).

I'm not saying it's a useless perk at all. Neither is Unflinching. There are zero actually useless perks. What I was suggesting earlier is that the recent Tier List craze obscures the fact that at the end of the day these are just preferences. Talking about a given scope being better or worse than another is just silly.

A lot of people have only recently started playing PvP and telling them "roll for this perk combination until you get it, everything else is lower tier" is rather misleading. More experienced PvP players will have their own opinions, but the Tier Lists being spewed as objective ranks of worth are stopping people from playing around with different builds I feel.

I mean Rocket Launchers and Shotguns are one thing. It's hard to argue you want something other than an extremely specific list, because the way you use these weapons doesn't allow for a lot of variety. With Snipers and any Primary though, I really feel people are placing too much faith in perks they haven't even tried out.

On another note: FINALLY rolled what I wanted on Ash Factory! So happy :) but weapon part poverty is real :(

You are probably referring to the planet destiny video but I hidden hand results in this sort of stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm-pegy_Ftg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom