• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnkn52

Amazon has it for $19.99. You bought vanilla Destiny with no DLC codes for too much.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BGA9Y3W/?tag=neogaf0e-20

GameStop horrible prices. You can buy the year 1 season pass for $35 today.

You can also buy TTK Digital CE for $80 today which includes all of Destiny including TTK which is out on 9-15. This lets you play right away BTw.

On 9-15 you can buy the legendary edition for $60 which includes all of Destiny including TTK.
Damn, he's totally right. But GameStop has probably screwed him over already so he might not get his money back or maybe they can price match if that's even a thing over there.

Morning DGAF.

It might finally be the time to take an extended break from destiny to coe back once TTK comes.

I have everything from VoG. Everything from CE.
Everything "fallen" from PoE armor and all elemental primaries from Skolas.
All armor from IB.
All armor and most weapons from Trials (just missing a Elemental Summoner lol).
All exotic weapons. All exotic armor I care about.
And most legendary weapons I want (except for a Spear from IB and the Pilgrim).

Also, it's all fully upgraded and ascended.

Time to hit that backlog.

Ummmm, yeah, you deserve the break.

Deku Tree

Morning DGAF.

It might finally be the time to take an extended break from destiny to coe back once TTK comes.

All armor from IB.

But how many e-light do you have in your vault?

But how many e-light do you have in your vault?

I think 17. I should be safe.

Does it matter?? ;-p

Will e-lights just end up being the new vanguard/crucible commendations when tTK comes along?

This too. Once you level up your stuff what am I going to use them for anyway?
It's the same with Exotic Shards. I have liek 35 of those. No use at all.

Ummmm, yeah, you deserve the break.

Ill-Be-Back.jpg

^my memory is that the buff is 200% today but I'm not positive. NFall is 25% but I'm also not positive if that applies to both bounties and match wins. No idea what the second or third character bonus is, but it's a lot.

Is it possible to get to rank 4 IB from level 2, today? I have the shader, emblem and whatever too.

No question. A single 100 rep bounty counted for like ~330 rep for me today so Iron Wrath was 650+. It was my first character too so if you've ranked up at least one character already you will get ridiculous rep gains.

Manp

Morning DGAF.

All armor from IB. (missing the helmet actually)

there's one thing you sure as hell don't have :|

any inventory space left

ocean

Banned
Is it possible to get to rank 4 IB from level 2, today? I have the shader, emblem and whatever too.
If I recall correctly all rep gains today are 3x for IB.

Base rep + Base*1.5*1.1*1.1*1.1 (Tempered, Shader, Emblem, Class Item)

So each win is 150, each Medallion is 120, Bounties are 300. There's 2,400 rep between levels so all you need is under 4,800 from rank 2 to rank 4.

Hi guys, potential returning player here. I've heard that if I buy the Taken King Digital Collectors Edition, I can download the base game and the two DLC immediately and start playing. Is that correct? I've checked the game on the Australian PSN store and there wasn't any mention of that.

I think I'm starting my Warlock tonight. I can't take not having him. But then I'm going to be mad that I can't rearrange my characters to where my Warlock is on top like before so it's like a reminder that it's different. Damn you Bungie.

Depends if I can join in on a glimmer farm. Need glimmer badly to get my IB rewards.

Hi guys, potential returning player here. I've heard that if I buy the Taken King Digital Collectors Edition, I can download the base game and the two DLC immediately and start playing. Is that correct? I've checked the game on the Australian PSN store and there wasn't any mention of that.
Well I dont know how the Australian version are. but I do know the Destiny: The Taken King - Legendary Edition retail copy will have the base game + HoW + CE + TTK for $60 ( its in US). I dont know if the same offer is available for digital copies.

Nuszka

Doesnt look like anyone is really on or interested on Trials :(

Going to start plucking away at my PC backlog, I'll check back later.

Dude, I'm up for trials !!!will connect via remote play , and most likely let you do the rest , jk.:) but for reals think things are starting to quiet down , even on Friday it didn't seem like the usual hype. Next pint please...

Will e-lights just end up being the new vanguard/crucible commendations when tTK comes along?

This is a really good question and I hope they don't wait too long to answer. It'll be a bummer if they go the commendation route but I'd understand why. I've ascended so much crap, stopped doing PoE completely and I still have 30. Glimmer and by extension weapon parts are my main limitation since I haven't been willing to burn my "pile of ass" yet.

The other two currencies they need to think about are marks and exotic shards. Armor/Weapon Cores seem destined for the dust bin, but basically everything else was funneled into the Exchange Program (Motes, Strange Coins, Ass Mats, Rad Mats, glimmer, ~weapon parts). Marks are stuck on an island with planetary materials while exotic shards are totally isolated. I've maxed every pre-HoW exotic weapon and armor (365 NLB and 42 light Hunter Bug Helmet ftw) with 59 exotic shards sitting in my vault. Obviously I'm an outlier-type player but I imagine "normal" players don't have every exotic or care to ascend crappy ones.

Deku Tree

I thought I read somewhere that was the case. I would ask whomever your buying from to be certain, you can call Aust PSN and ask them.

Edit:

https://www.destinythegame.com/taken-king/wheretobuy

"For the ultimate Destiny Fan, the Digital Collector's Edition offers the complete Destiny experience with an expansive cache of special digital items to aid you on your adventure.

Play It Now - Pre-purchase the digital Collector’s Edition and immediately begin playing Destiny and both Expansions today!"

Anyone having trouble with inventory space is keeping items that you will most likely never use.

And you know it!
Of course. But you are very much encouraged by design to care about collecting things. For instance, special events occur where you only have a small opportunity to obtain an item. Some items are locked behind content that can be difficult to reach, like the raids or Trials of Osiris. People aren't going to want to throw things away when they get something special or rare. People that play a lot over time accumulate all of these things. It's kind of like on Xbox LIVE on Xbox 360, if you filled your Friends list. Anytime you want to add a new item, you have to go through and find one you're the most okay with removing. It's annoying and they have said they are working on better solutions.

gatti-man

Morning DGAF.

I think they took spear out I didn't see it drop one time this weekend and leveled two characters to 5 in IB. Madness.

there's one thing you sure as hell don't have :|

any inventory space left

I don't keep dupes (except for 3 FB, 3 Horns and 3 BH), so my inventory actually has some space left. Not much. I'll have to delete a lot of stuff once TTK comes. I refuse to delete raid stuff tho.

I think they took spear out I didn't see it drop one time this weekend and leveled two characters to 5 in IB. Madness.

Me neither. I don't even know why I want the gun, but I want it.

I thought I read somewhere that was the case. I would ask whomever your buying from to be certain, you can call Aust PSN and ask them.

Edit:

https://www.destinythegame.com/taken-king/wheretobuy

"For the ultimate Destiny Fan, the Digital Collector's Edition offers the complete Destiny experience with an expansive cache of special digital items to aid you on your adventure.

Play It Now - Pre-purchase the digital Collector’s Edition and immediately begin playing Destiny and both Expansions today!"

Cool, thanks a lot for that!

Pretty bitter about seeing it costing $80 though. Aussies are getting screwed at $120.

Anyone having trouble with inventory space is keeping items that you will most likely never use.

And you know it!

But... but... what if they finally buff auto rifles and fusion rifles??? I need to hang onto that Vanquisher and Plug One!! :p

Future weapon balancing is always a concern especially since they remove some perks/stats from weapon classes. I also like to have multiple variants of good stuff, like an Eff Spear w/ Field Scout for every element. The only straight duplicates I have are 3 Horns and 3 Hammers. My armor is stacking up as well, with multiple perk and stat combinations for PvE vs PvP, VoG-CE-PoE sets, all the exotics.... Ok, I'm willing to admit I might have a problem. I actively use probably <25% of my stash.

noomi

Dude, I'm up for trials !!!will connect via remote play , and most likely let you do the rest , jk.:) but for reals think things are starting to quiet down , even on Friday it didn't seem like the usual hype. Next pint please...

Nuszka! Hey man, wish we could haha. I trake it you will not be on during reset tomorrow :p

Going to be weird not doing nightfalls in the morning.... but I might still come on.

I'll help you, just send me an message on PSN when you want to play :3

<3

Awesome, I'll be on in like 15 minutes.

PuMa

But... but... what if they finally buff auto rifles and fusion rifles??? I need to hang onto that Vanquisher and Plug One!! :p

Future weapon balancing is always a concern especially since they remove some perks/stats from weapon classes. I also like to have multiple variants of good stuff, like an Eff Spear w/ Field Scout for every element. The only straight duplicates I have are 3 Horns and 3 Hammers. My armor is stacking up as well, with multiple perk and stat combinations for PvE vs PvP, VoG-CE-PoE sets, all the exotics.... Ok, I'm willing to admit I might have a problem. I actively use probably <25% of my stash.

I knooooww, right? That's the only reason I've kept mine.

And done. Just bought the game on PSN. I grew to really hate vanilla Destiny, and while I don't think Destiny will ever be as good as I'd like it to be, I've heard enough praise for HoW to give this a second chance (that and the fire Titan class coming with TK looks fucking awesome!). See you on the field, Guardians.

And done. Just bought the game on PSN. I grew to really hate vanilla Destiny, and while I don't think Destiny will ever be as good as I'd like it to be, I've heard enough praise for HoW to give this a second chance (that and the fire Titan class coming with TK looks fucking awesome!). See you on the field, Guardians.
The grind to the end game content is rough but the end game content is the best aspect of the game :)

The grind to the end game content is rough but the end game content is the best aspect of the game :)

yep, if you start a new character, recruit a couple Lvl.34 buddies to rush through the campaign with you on hardest possible difficulty levels for max XP.

Morning DGAF.

The 1% over here...

I'm just jealous :) Enjoy your break from Destiny!

yep, if you start a new character, recruit a couple Lvl.34 buddies to rush through the campaign with you on hardest possible difficulty levels for max XP.

I think my Titan and Warlock are lv 28 and 26 respectively, but I'm going to have to find new friends to help grind my lv 1 Hunter. All of my friends stopped playing ages ago

If you're on tonight I'll be down. My Warlock and Titan have seen the promised land. It's time my Hunter did too!

I'll roll with you if I'm on.

On a different note I haven't been playing as much PvE as I normally do. Anyone need to do...well..everything?

I need the Nightfall, 32 and 34 PoE on both characters. Going to start that slog in about an hour.

Trakan

But... but... what if they finally buff auto rifles and fusion rifles???

Why is "buff fusion rifles" always brought up? They're as broken as ever, they're just outshined by re-rollable shot package shotguns right now. Go and use one, you can still get kills from absolutely absurd ranges.

It's also important to remember, once handcannons get nerfed, all other weapons automatically move up a notch. Autorifles are right where they need to be right now.

Why is "buff fusion rifles" always brought up? They're as broken as ever, they're just outshined by re-rollable shot package shotguns right now. Go and use one, you can still get kills from absolutely absurd ranges.

It is true. Was playing around with Perun's Fire (old rolls) in iron banner on Saturday and it went well. It keeps you out of range of Felwinter's even!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom