• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trakan

What stats are better? The Messenger already can kill in 2 bursts from a long range and no recoil -- if the Piglim can get better than that then whoa.

Aim assist, equip speed. Re-roll it for max stability and the two perks of your choice.

I'll roll with you if I'm on.

On a different note I haven't been playing as much PvE as I normally do. Anyone need to do...well..everything?

I need the Nightfall, 32 and 34 PoE on both characters. Going to start that slog in about an hour.

Awesome. Shoot me a FR when you can. PSN: DirtyAquaticApe. I'll be on tonight after work around 7pm CST.

Dave_6

So much for getting two of my characters to rank 5 in IB this time. My Hunter is almost to 3 and I was wanting the chest piece for my Warlock but haven't even played it yet with that toon. My usual crew hasn't been playing it much lately :/

Hyun Sai

Holy Shit, I did nearly nothing in Destiny since the Holidays started. 2 PoE 32 and that's all.

I guess it's... reassuring ah ah ah.

Frenden

Banned
Aim assist, equip speed. Re-roll it for max stability and the two perks of your choice.

Yup. I have two Pilgrims and they're both lasers. Better handling, aim assist, and rerollable.

I have one roll that has Headseeker which I just ascended for IB and then another that is:

Sureshot (highest AA sights IIRC)
Third Eye
Small Bore (+Range + Stability)
Range Finder (+Range)

It's basically a sniper rifle.

Why is "buff fusion rifles" always brought up? They're as broken as ever, they're just outshined by re-rollable shot package shotguns right now. Go and use one, you can still get kills from absolutely absurd ranges.

It's also important to remember, once handcannons get nerfed, all other weapons automatically move up a notch. Autorifles are right where they need to be right now.

Agreed on the fusion rifles. I still need they need to do something about shotgun range to make it right tho.

As for AR's I can't agree. They are outclassed by all other primaries right now. Even if you nerf HC, the newer pulse rifles will just dominate crucible. Just buff AR damage to previous levels. Keep the reduced range from the last patch.

X-Frame

Yup. I have two Pilgrims and they're both lasers. Better handling, aim assist, and rerollable.

I have one roll that has Headseeker which I just ascended for IB and then another that is:

Sureshot (highest AA sights IIRC)
Third Eye
Small Bore (+Range + Stability)
Range Finder (+Range)

It's basically a sniper rifle.

Interesting. Well when I come into an abundance of Weapon Parts I'll check this out. Until then I have so many other weapons I need to re-roll and last I checked I had a grand total of 3 weapon parts. :/

Trakan

Agreed on the fusion rifles. I still need they need to do something about shotgun range to make it right tho.

As for AR's I can't agree. They are outclassed by all other primaries right now. Even if you nerf HC, the newer pulse rifles will just dominate crucible. Just buff AR damage to previous levels. Keep the reduced range from the last patch.

The times were autorifles dominated were worse than Thorn IMO. Autorifles are the easiest weapon class to use, therefore should be at the bottom of the list as far as their effectiveness.

I have neglected Vanguard Strikes ever since HoW.

I have been getting truck loads of of Crucible legendary weapons.

Time for me to get a Hopskoth Pilgrim to compare it to Spare Change.

Although, I am having fun with Skorris' Revenge. Gonna re-roll a 2nd to see if I get good results

The times were autorifles dominated were worse than Thorn IMO. Autorifles are the easiest weapon class to use, therefore should be at the bottom of the list as far as their effectiveness.
I disagree, Auto Rifle require re-stabilzing you hand steadily to avoid wasted spread.

A one shot Thorn to the head is too buffed

cakely

Why is "buff fusion rifles" always brought up? They're as broken as ever, they're just outshined by re-rollable shot package shotguns right now. Go and use one, you can still get kills from absolutely absurd ranges.

It's also important to remember, once handcannons get nerfed, all other weapons automatically move up a notch. Autorifles are right where they need to be right now.

In PvP right now it's: Handcannons > Pulse rifles >>> Scout Rifles >>> Auto Rifles

Autorifles need some love. I would never use one now unless I really wanted an extra challenge (and I really don't).

I'm pretty happy with Fusion rifles, I've got a Frenzy with hip fire, braced frame and battle runner that sometimes feels like easy mode.

The thing is, I don't think they ever dominated as much as HC are dominating now. And no single weapon was ever used as much as thorn is now. Not even Suros.
Good players used Suros to get the IB bounty out of the way then they went to HCs.

Also, the biggest problem was players using suros to kill you all the way across the map.
They reduced the range and that was a great idea, but another damage nerf basically killed auto rifles.

Disagree witth this. The meta was much better when it was see who can land the most headshots rather than see who can land two Thorn headshots/get lucky with TLWs 111s.

SkylineRKR

Range nerf should've been enough for AR. It should beat Pulse and Scout at close range. But at longer range should be beaten by both, with Scout being effective from sniper ranges still.

They went overboard, I tried Vanquisher in crucible once and it was so bad I sharded it.

Range nerf should've been enough for AR. It should beat Pulse and Scout at close range. But at longer range should be beaten by both, with Scout being effective from sniper ranges still.

They went overboard, I tried Vanquisher in crucible once and it was so bad I sharded it.

I Ascended my original Vanquisher LOL, hoping for ARs to return to normal one day

Trakan

They reduced the range and that was a great idea, but another damage nerf basically killed auto rifles.

The damage wasn't even changed that much. My trusty old Shadow Price used to do 27 damage per headshot. Now it does 23. That's a 1-2 bullet difference in time to kill.

I disagree, Auto Rifle require re-stabilzing you hand steadily to avoid wasted spread.

Any decent autorifle worth using has enough stability to make this a non factor. Suros, Summoner, Shadow Price, they all have near max stability. Now you can re-roll any AR for crazy stability as well.

The damage wasn't even changed that much. My trusty old Shadow Price used to do 27 damage per headshot. Now it does 23. That's a 1-2 bullet difference in time to kill.

If that was the case players would still use those considering HC's were not buffed since the AR nerf. Damage nerf was big enough to make everybody go somewhere else when it comes to primaries. And HCs are a lot harder to use than ARs...

sjay1994

After taking a month break from destiny and coming back...

Why does it feel like the amount of thorn users has doubled in crucible? I am tired of getting shot by it.

Also I hate constantly getting blasted by a shotgun or last word before I can even react to it.

SkylineRKR

The game just reached a certain point in where TTK matters most for every player. Loadouts are very samey. Anything beyond 3 HC shots and 2 burst PR isn't worth using for primaries. Secondary is shotgun and sniper, while it used to be all 3. Heavy is pretty much RL if IB bounties weren't so Machine gun colored.

Though I use Scout nowadays, and I must say I'm happy with my Demise, its a 3 headshot kill and I settled with Rodeo, Armor piercing/High caliber/Oiled Frame, Zen Moment. With Sureshot IS (or is it fastdraw?). Love it.

Kyne

After taking a month break from destiny and coming back...

Why does it feel like the amount of thorn users has doubled in crucible? I am tired of getting shot by it.

Also I hate constantly getting blasted by a shotgun or last word before I can even react to it.

Handcannons / ridiculously ranged shotguns are the new bnb of crucible. Get used to it. :(

You're only talking about PvP and I was talking about everything, all weapon balancing. Nobody uses fusions in Crucible because of the super shotties like you said, but they've disappeared from PvE because of the 2x damage boost shotguns received there. Use shotguns if you can get close to enemies, use snipers if not. That fusion mid-range is useless when shotty DPS is so much higher and sniper DPS is so much safer. ARs absolutely need a PvE damage boost like shotguns, and it'd be nice to see a little bump for fusions although the risk of power creep is always there.

ARs are decent in PvP now if you want a much slower TTK, but you'd have to drop pulse rifles and hand cannons a good bit to make them competitive. But there's nothing broken about fusions in PvP now, the kill distance is balanced by the charge time which is enough to blink/evade out of a OHK. The spread increase is very noticeable, coming from someone who thought pre-nerf PInfinity was the most broken gun in the game. Of course you can do well with them, but that's the balancing target for every weapon class: good but not stupid. PInfinity is good, blink shotgun is stupid.

The problem is that they haven't shown an ability to balance PvE/PvP separately: the shotgun buff was for damage against "minions of the darkness" which is a unique stat that obviously has no application in Crucible. If they can't separately balance things like range/accuracy/crit multiplier etc. then I hope they leave hand cannons alone and only nerf the exotics specifically. I'd hate to see HCs ruined for PvE like ARs have been.

nOoblet16

Man my results for my final semester came out today and a fuckup by my department lead to a colossal blunder in a module for me (it's all their fault not mine, but I have low hopes for it being sorted), despite averaging high grades and being top of the class, I am so pissed, upset and feeling hopeless today because future looks more and more bleak everyday for me :(

SkylineRKR

I feel HC are already nerfed for PvE.

There isn't much use for primaries without elemental damage. They might as well add elemental damage to all exotic primaries.

LTWood12

Man my results for my final semester came out today and a fuckup by my department lead to a colossal blunder in a module for me (it's all their fault not mine, but I have low hopes for it being sorted), despite averaging high grades and being top of the class, I am so pissed, upset and feeling hopeless today because future looks more and more bleak everyday for me :(

Hate to hear that nooblet. Hope things get sorted out.

sjay1994

Handcannons / ridiculously ranged shotguns are the new bnb of crucible. Get used to it. :(

Well... shit

I guess I was part of the reason it became bnb since I switched to hawkmoon as my primary crucible weapon during CE

Its not fun when everyone else does it. Also, since my internet is shit, I die a speeds I can't even react to, and I am missing shots I know I am hitting.

That sucks, man. I totally feel you on the cold indifference of academic institutions. But you are clearly a very bright guy. I'm sure your future is much brighter than it seems right now.

I still have my vanilla vanquisher in hopes of this one day happening.

yup, the original had more stability (Counter Balance) than the post-TDW version which had its stability slightly reduced (Fitted Stock replaced Counter Balance)

The post-TDW one had nicer sights though

Personally, the only change I would like to see in Crucible is getting rid of the shotgun's OHKO ability. My shield should protect me from that.

This would provide a counter to blink-shot gunning - the abysmal rate of fire of the high impact shotguns would give someone time to respond before the second shot arrives.

It would also mean that an auto rifle could (probably) kill a charging shotgun user. How many times does a Felwinter kill from that AR sweet spot? It shouldn't happen.

Frenden

Banned
I have a Queen's AR with Sureshot, Focus Fire, Handlaid, and Glass Half Full. It's a legendary Suros. If they buff ARs (or nerf other things to make the playing field more level), it should be purty good.

Fuck that last match of iron banner. Laggers all across the enemy team, yet I managed to steal the victory x__x

Edit: I was hoping that be my last game, but I'm shy of rank 4 by 150 rep :(

Trakan

You're only talking about PvP and I was talking about everything, all weapon balancing. Nobody uses fusions in Crucible because of the super shotties like you said, but they've disappeared from PvE because of the 2x damage boost shotguns received there. Use shotguns if you can get close to enemies, use snipers if not. That fusion mid-range is useless when shotty DPS is so much higher and sniper DPS is so much safer. ARs absolutely need a PvE damage boost like shotguns, and it'd be nice to see a little bump for fusions although the risk of power creep is always there.

ARs are decent in PvP now if you want a much slower TTK, but you'd have to drop pulse rifles and hand cannons a good bit to make them competitive. But there's nothing broken about fusions in PvP now, the kill distance is balanced by the charge time which is enough to blink/evade out of a OHK. The spread increase is very noticeable, coming from someone who thought pre-nerf PInfinity was the most broken gun in the game. Of course you can do well with them, but that's the balancing target for every weapon class: good but not stupid. PInfinity is good, blink shotgun is stupid.

The problem is that they haven't shown an ability to balance PvE/PvP separately: the shotgun buff was for damage against "minions of the darkness" which is a unique stat that obviously has no application in Crucible. If they can't separately balance things like range/accuracy/crit multiplier etc. then I hope they leave hand cannons alone and only nerf the exotics specifically. I'd hate to see HCs ruined for PvE like ARs have been.

I absolutely agree with your statement on PVE. Buff everything for PVE, I don't care. It doesn't affect me if some guy loves sniping with a fusion rifle in PVE. I absolutely disagree about fusion rifles in PVP though. Even after the nerf, the range is ridiculous.

I'll take any opportunity I can to post this gif.

IncomparableGrandCanine.gif

"But that's an exotic"

Okay, watch this youtube vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr8q-O2OewI

The new vanguard fusion rifle is one of the best in the game stats-wise and is re-rollable. Look at the outrageous ranges he gets kills at. The maps are all very small in Destiny, one shot kill weapons should not have the range they do now. A fusion rifle should have about double the range of a shotgun without rangefinder/shot package/range perks.

Langy

So does anyone feel like poe 34? never done it yet so wanna give it a try.

Or failing that any interest in getting a raid going? Either raid is fine by me, still need to do 2 vaults and 3 crotas.

Add Langoit on psn and we'll see if we can get something going

ocean

Banned
Not your fault, just the game. This why I don't like the ability of reforging. Everyone is running the same type of guns.
The problem isn't perk rolling, it's broken perks.

There's no definitive perk roll people shoot for in a primary. With shotguns and rocket launchers, the way you use then is so limited that everyone wants the same perks. No re rolling would just mean that these combinations would be in the hands of those who were lucky, making an already unbalanced game have an even more uneven playing field.

LTWood12

I absolutely agree with your statement on PVE. Buff everything for PVE, I don't care. It doesn't affect me if some guy loves sniping with a fusion rifle in PVE. I absolutely disagree about fusion rifles in PVP though. Even after the nerf, the range is ridiculous.

"But that's an exotic"

The new vanguard fusion rifle is one of the best in the game stats-wise and is re-rollable. Look at the outrageous ranges he gets kills at. The maps are all very small in Destiny, one shot kill weapons should not have the range they do now. A fusion rifle should have about double the range of a shotgun without rangefinder/shot package/range perks.

Holy shit.

"But that's an exotic"

Forget the fusion rifle, at 1:49 he gets a Firebolt Grenade + Scorch Melee kill that is hilarious. That grenade is insane. With Radiance you can just throw them all over the place and get kills without even aiming.

Rank 4 achieved. The last game was just as painful, but I didn't care at that point
Just danced and waved at everyone(still did good somehow meh)

Edit: now I need glimmer. Any checkpoints?

If it's the department's fault then raise hell. Make them fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom