• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

Huehhueheheheheheu.

screenshot-original5mkki.png

My worst match of the day.

Also, all those names make me laugh.

Huehhueheheheheheu.

These don't bother me as much anymore. But they will still bother me until I get a PS4 horn.

Also, possible to hit rank 5 on IB tonight from scratch with the buffs and bounties? I've been away.

nOoblet16

If it's the department's fault then raise hell. Make them fix it.

It is totally their fault for not following a set standard for assignment submission...there are far too many ways to submit an assignment and it is sometimes unclear where exactly to submit unless the lecturer specifies...which he didn't. It was also his fault for not communicating with me despite me asking him, I just need to come up with proof and conjure it all up when I discuss this with him.

SpecX

I absolutely agree with your statement on PVE. Buff everything for PVE, I don't care. It doesn't affect me if some guy loves sniping with a fusion rifle in PVE. I absolutely disagree about fusion rifles in PVP though. Even after the nerf, the range is ridiculous.

I'll take any opportunity I can to post this gif.

"But that's an exotic"

Okay, watch this youtube vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr8q-O2OewI

The new vanguard fusion rifle is one of the best in the game stats-wise and is re-rollable. Look at the outrageous ranges he gets kills at. The maps are all very small in Destiny, one shot kill weapons should not have the range they do now. A fusion rifle should have about double the range of a shotgun without rangefinder/shot package/range perks.

WTF, where are these crucible players when I play? Most of these guys tried running right up to him not shooting in the process for easy kills. I always have someone shooting at me regardless of the situation.

It is totally their fault for not following a set standard for assignment submission...there are far too many ways to submit an assignment and it is sometimes unclear where exactly to submit unless the lecturer specifies...which he didn't. It was also his fault for not communicating with me despite me asking him, I just need to come up with proof and conjure it all up when I discuss this with him.

This should be going in an email to the lecturer with a copy to the department head, not on DGAF. Not that we don't care, because we do, but you need to bring this to light ASAP with the powers that be. DGAF has many powers, but i don't think this is one of them... Unless your lecturer plays Destiny, which would be hilarious.

Arrrammis

These don't bother me as much anymore. But they will still bother me until I get a PS4 horn.

Also, possible to hit rank 5 on IB tonight from scratch with the buffs and bounties? I've been away.
It is, but it still takes a while. Someone on Reddit calculated that if you win at least every 5th match you'll reach rank 5 in about 8 hours, less time if you win more and complete bounties. Also, if you have a character already at rank 5, rep is doubled.

nOoblet16

This should be going in an email to the lecturer with a copy to the department head, not on DGAF. Not that we don't care, because we do, but you need to bring this to light ASAP with the powers that be. DGAF has many powers, but i don't think this is one of them... Unless your lecturer plays Destiny, which would be hilarious.

Dude...you think I haven't ?
I've already done it and they are looking into in, I'm also meeting the lecturer (he is the department head too) as well as the post graduate studies supervisor.

I only posted to mention how I am feeling, I want to play something and take my mind off.

I just found out that IB weapons lose their ascention if you re-roll them, but does the same happen to HoW legendaries? I was going to blow an etheric light on my Party Crasher, but I may want to re-roll it again in the future.

purg3

slept with Malkin

Easily, Got to Rank 3.5 on 2 characters in a few hours yesterday just doing bounties, will be even easier today with bounties and buff

EDIT: already have one guy at rank 5, apparently that makes a difference. Didn't know that

Huehhueheheheheheu.

I got a Gjallarhorn on Xbox from a Rumble match early Sunday morning. I couldn't believe it. I went out and bought a Red Bull to level it. With Nightfall, Rocket Launcher Telemetry, and Focused Light, the bonus is 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.5 = 216% XP. I turned in 55,500 bounties/reward packages for ~120k XP onto a baby Gjal, which took it past Wolfpack rounds in 30 seconds, lol.

I got a Gjallarhorn on Xbox from a Rumble match early Sunday morning. I couldn't believe it. I went out and bought a Red Bull to level it. With Nightfall, Rocket Launcher Telemetry, and Focused Light, the bonus is 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.5 = 216% XP. I turned in 55,500 bounties/reward packages for ~120k XP onto a baby Gjal, which took it past Wolfpack rounds in 30 seconds, lol.

When I got my XB1 horn, I didn't have red bull or nightfall buffs. I had a bunch of bounties that had yet to be done. Bought myself 5 telemetries and went to work. It was a grind, but I got Wolfpack unlocked... And then kept going so I could see what the big to-do was all about.

Good thing I had a good and fun run with recks and noomi today. Everything is blowing up at work! If I had my Warlock I would have gotten in another run with them :(

And me, X! My GT is the same as GAF. :)

Someone got ColonelOCorn bah

I'll add both you and iRawr! I added iRawr on steam since I was on my computer for work haha

blackjaw

Tried to give IB one more chance...chased a warlock down and shotgunned him in the back twice...then hawkmooned him in the head three times as he ran off a cliff

Then he reappeared behind me...one felwinter later and I was dead

PS4 shutdown until tonight...was pretty mad to say the least

SpecX

Huehhueheheheheheu.

Congrats. I've invested so much trying to obtain the legendary horn with no success. I think I need to take a break from the game and come back, then maybe RNG will reward me.

TheOddOne

This pains me more than you know. For over a month now, Gjallarhorn is the only exotic left that can drop for me that hasn't already.
I know that feel, man. My Gjallarhorn was The Last Word, I eventually did get it. Hang in there!
Those guys most hate you lol.
Yeah, I pretty much also hated everybody else that got a Gjallarhorn during this IB.
Whoa, that is awesome. I'm just glad I got my third Ghally locked.

Now I only need my third Black Hammer and I'm pretty much done with Destiny until Hawkmoon.

phen0m24

Good thing I had a good and fun run with recks and noomi today. Everything is blowing up at work! If I had my Warlock I would have gotten in another run with them :(

I'll add both you and iRawr! I added iRawr on steam since I was on my computer for work haha

Cool. I'm trying to figure out friends on the Bone.

And I think I just added the Odd One.

What is E92's GT...

Bumper Jumper is the greatest thing since brown rice.

Jumping away and turning while floating diagonally and aiming at someone chasing you and shooting & killing them with TLW while still falling = badassery.

Had fun with my Titan. My Hunter and Titan buddies had my back this weekend for PvP.

LTWood12

Bumper Jumper is the greatest thing since brown rice.

Jumping away and turning while floating diagonally and aiming at someone chasing you and shooting & killing them with TLW while still falling = badassery.

Immediately followed by accidentally using my super when I was intending to jump again.

If it's the department's fault then raise hell. Make them fix it.

And me, X! My GT is the same as GAF. :)

Someone got ColonelOCorn bah

Add me too. I come fully loaded with a Horn on XB1

GT is AmateurHour212

Fitting, I know.

I'll add everyone here on xb1. However, I do not have Destiny on it. I thought about it but now that my Warlock has been deleted on my ps4 and I have to regrind him, that completely destroyed my temptation to make a char on xb1. I was just going to make a Hunter for PvP but maybe when TTK comes out to get it all for $60 - GCU

just saw the locked thread about how to get a red bull code without actually having to buy red bull... wow. how does someone even figure that out

Rank 4 across all 3 chars. Debating on whether the last 3 etheric light are worth it..

Mhm.

the bounties are enuogh to do a full rank up. unless you already completed those. and even then it wont take long with all the buffs

My wife has implemented a two console (per generation) rule in our house. I've complied w/ this for many years. I'm afraid you're all leaving me behind.

Im trying to convince to wife to get an xbox as I have never owned one and want to play halo. We already have a PS4 and WiiU in the living room and our old PS3 in my daughters room. The WiiU has not been played on the TV for a looooong time unfortunalty, seems Nintendo isnt interested in releasing the games I love anymore. Ive buoght everything good on the WiiU and I no longer play it. My son primarily uses it to wathc netflix and play mario Kart. Its such a shame, I really loved that thing

Deku Tree

Playing a game like Destiny on more than one console to double the grind sounds just like total Crazy talk to me. It's not a life decision that I can recommend to anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom