• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooow! hahahhaha

wtf were they doing huddled up like that? o_O

Waiting for Heavy Ammo lol

I got one on trials that I'll post later.

Gunawi killed a guy. The guy's friend came up and used a bubble on his orb to get the revive. The third guy on their team for whatever reason decided going inside the bubble as well was a good idea... I was playing as a striker titan. My super was up.

I'll let you guess what happened next.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Anyone on xbox want to run a PoE later tonight? I need to get that Titan helm before the reset. I'll probably be on around 7-7:30 EST.

Feel free to add me too on the Bone or PS4! ToVenusAndBack on both systems. Just started out on my first character on Xbox so will be looking to do the raids soon! Looking forward to going through Vault of Glass again.

Also, in a crazy insane way, looking forward to maintaining 6 characters across the 2 systems :p

Playing a game like Destiny on more than one console to double the grind sounds just like total Crazy talk to me. It's not a life decision that I can recommend to anybody.

No. I can't recommend it either. However, I only have one character on XB1. If i create another, it'll be the same class so I only have to grind to 20 on the second guy. That sounds, uh, less and less reasonable as I type it. Hmm.

Did I mention the XB1 horn? That was worth it all by itself.

Anyone on xbox want to run a PoE later tonight? I need to get that Titan helm before the reset. I'll probably be on around 7-7:30 EST.

I'd be down to help but won't be on until 830 or so your time. If you still need help then, let me know.

I'm a lvl32 hunter so I can't do anything above 32 PoE right now. Not sure if that's what your plan was.

Axoman

I see your smash and raise with a Nova Bomb.

aQM0iCi.gif

Won the raffle and got to run trials with ZL_Chris. I've never been carried that hard. I couldn't find anyone to kill, they were destroying people so fast. Ended up with a Messenger (arc), which I've wanted so bad.

Nuszka

Nuszka! Hey man, wish we could haha. I trake it you will not be on during reset tomorrow :p

Going to be weird not doing nightfalls in the morning.... but I might still come on.

Yeah , reset time I will be on the bus going to my home town, might be on later that night depending on soberity levels... Anyway off to solo skolas on remote play with 1 sec delay , or am I...

|OT 26| The one where everyone switched to XBOX.
haha nah I have a xbone that just collect dust. I wont be playing Destiny on it..too much for me :p

Add me too. I come fully loaded with a Horn on XB1

GT is AmateurHour212

Fitting, I know.
Will do.

Gamertag and Steam name are the same as gaf if anyone want to add me :)

It is totally their fault for not following a set standard for assignment submission...there are far too many ways to submit an assignment and it is sometimes unclear where exactly to submit unless the lecturer specifies...which he didn't. It was also his fault for not communicating with me despite me asking him, I just need to come up with proof and conjure it all up when I discuss this with him.
Wish you the best of luck! Hopefully it will work out. Keep the pressure up!

Won the raffle and got to run trials with ZL_Chris. I've never been carried that hard. I couldn't find anyone to kill, they were destroying people so fast. Ended up with a Messenger (arc), which I've wanted so bad.

I'm always amazed at how some of those guys play man. I won a raffle yesterday with one of the Twitch streamers...I was embarrassed at how hard they carried me man. We'd spawn, 20 seconds later time for the next round.

Lads, I've barely played Destiny since I bought it. No interest in single player. Can I play multiplayer without touching single player? Will I be disadvantaged? Is it a divorced experience?

ethomaz

Banned
I need to do the framing weapon tips by Zoba.

So I'm up for:

ToO
GK CP framing

I will be online in 30-40min max.

phen0m24

|OT 26| The one where everyone switched to XBOX.

My son will play on it most often. I have ps4 backlog to attend to.

add me as well for Xbox One

GT is purg3

Will do.

I'll add everyone here on xb1. However, I do not have Destiny on it. I thought about it but now that my Warlock has been deleted on my ps4 and I have to regrind him, that completely destroyed my temptation to make a char on xb1. I was just going to make a Hunter for PvP but maybe when TTK comes out to get it all for $60 - GCU

Where are you in the states? I have a physical copy unopened that apparently I don't need as I bought the game and dlc on 360.

My wife has implemented a two console (per generation) rule in our house. I've complied w/ this for many years. I'm afraid you're all leaving me behind.

Now being divorced I kind of Pokémon-ed the consoles. Oops

I should be back from my weekend NYC debacle of a trip (debacle in a good way) around 8:30 eastern. Would like to run a nightfall or raid at some point tonight if we can get a group together.

GT: AmateurHour212

Also need to run a bunch of PS4 stuff but it's so hard to motivate for that these days. Horn really is a game changer for me in the literal sense.

Edit: anyone have a list of streaming ToO carriers on XB1?

My son will play on it most often. I have ps4 backlog to attend to.

Will do.

Where are you in the states? I have a physical copy unopened that apparently I don't need as I bought the game and dlc on 360.

Now being divorced I kind of Pokémon-ed the consoles. Oops

I live in Nebraska. So you can play Destiny on xb1 with your 360 copy?

Kyoufu

Lads, I've barely played Destiny since I bought it. No interest in single player. Can I play multiplayer without touching single player? Will I be disadvantaged? Is it a divorced experience?

I'm not sure what you mean by multiplayer, but you can level in PVP without doing any of the story missions.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm not sure what you mean by multiplayer, but you can level in PVP without doing any of the story missions.
You need to play PVE until lvl 4 to open Crucible I guess... so you need to play some story missions.

After that yeap... you can do only PVP and even got Ghorns.

phen0m24

I live in Nebraska. So you can play Destiny on xb1 with your 360 copy?

I think there was an upgrade program available earlier on, so last night when I logged onto the Bone the game was sitting in my download list. I would be glad to send you the one I have. It's physical mind you - don't know if that's a problem. PM me your addy if you want - no worries.

Am I an enabler?

Shito

I spotted Hawkian last night....

WigglyLinedCollardlizard.gif
Saw that yesterday, and I thought about Hawkian as well haha.
Also wondered if that was a dude or a dudette behind this mask; seems like the latter, which makes it even more awesome.
OT but thank you USA team for caring about my sleep schedule, and allowing me to go to sleep at half time without any remorse...

You need to play PVE until lvl 4 to open Crucible I guess... so you need to play some story missions.

After that yeap... you can do only PVP and even got Ghorns.

Unless you consider multiplayer to just mean you aren't doing stuff by yourself. Then I think you only have to do the intro mission alone and then can play with 1-2 more people in your fire team through all story missions.

WipedOut

Edit: anyone have a list of streaming ToO carriers on XB1?

Oh this made my day, as far as I know there isn't really a carry squad on XB1. It's hard to find a couple people to carry let alone find a team to play trials. It's either get good or get lucky.

BuzzJive

Well - you won't be able to get a Thorn - and that's pretty much the most used weapon in PVP.

But really - PVP and PVE are mostly separate from each other. PVP gives enough experience and marks to be able to buy and level up gear and weapons just fine. Playing Iron Banner and Trials will get you even better stuff, but you'll want to be a pretty high level before going in there.

deafmedal

I'm home, air travel today went smooth as an r&b dj, gonna eat something and drown a Red Bull (code incoming)... need to start a derailment and hit the banner hard, anyone game in about 30 min?

edit: red bull code XP doesn't work for IB, right?

Lnkn52

So many Hawkian(eagle) photos today. Here's another cool shot with crow on its back.

3.jpg

Edit: My typing is so bad this afternoon.

Frenden

Banned
I rolled a Radegast with Aggressive, Clown, Javelin, and Horshoes. I always went with Tripod before, but a lot of PvP perk tier lists rated this the best possible roll of a Radegast.

I think I'd rather have the reliability of Tripod for 3v3, but for all other PvP modes, fee rockets are pretty great. I get 1-2 rockets extra per heavy with Clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom