• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
So,

I hit level 32 last night, and I guess I'm off to upgrade my armor and ascend it or some such to hit level 34. I was stuck at 24 and lost interest in the valley between end game content and story progression.

I've never raided, and I don't do a lot of pvp, but my wife it out of town for 10 days. So, I'm gonna give it a whirl.

What end game content should I be running? What am I supposed to do? Are there certain armor/weapon combos I need? How do I get them?

Should I switch subclasses and max the other one out? Never bothered much with that before.

I've never messed with a faction, should I rank up my factions? Do they sell decent gear?

Basically I want to have some fun and get to a point where I can be useful when Taken King comes out.

WipedOut

If you haven't been to Mercury you are eligible to win a free ride!

First person to accurately answer these 3 questions wins!

q. What is the rarest Exotic in Destiny?

a. fate of all Fools

q. What is the name of Bungie's level editor for Destiny?

a. ? Grognark

q. What is unarguably the best class in the game?
(It's Titan)

a. Titan?

Ha

a. purifier robes

a. Shirley

(It's Titan)

a. Titan?

How's my answers?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

a. ? Black hammer

a. ? Halo

(It's Titan)

a. Awoken Titan.?

Kyoufu

a. Fate of All Fools

a. Grognok

(It's Titan)

a. Ramlock :p

ethomaz

Banned

a. ?

a. ?

(It's Titan)

a. ?
4th Horseman (Fate of All Fools if you count only one guy has it)
Grognok WORLD BUILDER
Warlock

Shito

I say Kadey wins, if only for that low blow at the black hammer "situation".
Also, we all know it's rigged for her.

Homeboyd

a. Depends on what exotic you truly crave and desire the most and don't have. Because, it's always that.

a. Grognok

(It's Titan)

a. Fkn Titan, of course.

a. Fate of All Fools

a. Grognok

(It's Titan)

a. Titan :(

I think Kyfou beat me.

ethomaz

Banned
Close your eyes all you want, you know it's true, deep down.
Warlock > Hunter >>>>>> Titan

There is a reason I'm a Mercury Titan virgin yet... I can't stand with that bad class in PVP (and I played most with it... three weeks in a row... Warlock I did two times in the first and second week... Hunter in the second week).

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Gizmo says Titans are the best.

iGn8qYE7r11Kx.gif

phen0m24

1) the Narmerhorn
2) Boomhauer
3) The Thursday night noob class Hawkian runs

Boom! I win
but I've already been to mercury
hahaha

So,

I hit level 32 last night, and I guess I'm off to upgrade my armor and ascend it or some such to hit level 34. I was stuck at 24 and lost interest in the valley between end game content and story progression.

I've never raided, and I don't do a lot of pvp, but my wife it out of town for 10 days. So, I'm gonna give it a whirl.

What end game content should I be running? What am I supposed to do? Are there certain armor/weapon combos I need? How do I get them?

Should I switch subclasses and max the other one out? Never bothered much with that before.

I've never messed with a faction, should I rank up my factions? Do they sell decent gear?

Basically I want to have some fun and get to a point where I can be useful when Taken King comes out.
All of the end game content if you are able to. Frankly I would recommend starting the nightfall every Tuesday ( when the weekly reset happens) since there is a chance for a exotic drop and 25 % buff increases for all experience and reputation gains. It might be hard for you since you prob lack elemental weapons which can drop in the raids or ToO. Try posting tomorrow since alot of people will be trying to do the nightfalls and raids.

What class are you? Yeah prob be nice to have both subclass level up. Well the best PvE exotic would be gjallarhorn but its not really "require". For PvP any of the exotic handcannons are great.

Well fractions really doest matter. More towards what shader or ship you want to get..would is RNG and hard to get.

So,

Your post got lost in the Trials carry stuff. You are in a tricky part of the endgame content as you seem to have pucked up on. Or at least coming out of it.

Right now that you are 32, you need Light 42 gear to get to level 34.

You can run Prison of Elders level 32 for an armor core or run Trials of Osiris. Both will grant a +42 Light piece of armor.

You can also get Etheric Light from Trials, Nightfall and lvl 34 PoE to upgrade your current legendary gear from +36 Light to +42 Light.

Also, definitely upgrade both subclasses regardless of what you play.

Warlock > Hunter >>>>>> Titan

There is a reason I'm a Mercury Titan virgin yet... I can't stand with that bad class in PVP (and I played most with it... three weeks in a row... Warlock I did two times in the first and second week... Hunter in the second week).

After watching unstable play with his titan on trials i can never call that class bad ever again unfortunately :(

XenoRaven

So,

The easiest way to answer all these questions is for you to check out the thread when you feel like doing something. There's always groups forming for stuff. You can get good weapons from Vault of Glass, Crota's End, and sometimes the Nightfall. Vendors do carry decent gear, especially if you're in that transition period from trying to level up and having an armory full of stuff.

I don't know if there's a big comprehensive list of the "BEST" weapons in the game, but if you get a drop and ask people in here, people will generally tell you if it's good or not.

noomi

Man.... Can't believe reset is almost here again. Last week went insanely fast for me...

Not sure if I want to do Skolas anymore, on one hand I really want that solar HC and on the other hand I know the drop rate is completely horse shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom