• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd360

Ofc he knows, they've been running Trials carry since HoW launch. Wicked is a chill dude and unstable is a mic nazi :p

Oh I see. I thought unstable mostly carried two people at once. I have only checked out his stream a few times.

Edit: LOL someone told unstable what I said.

Edit: Tell unstable I didn't mean anything by what I said. He just seemed to be yelling out some intense orders is all.

Oh I see. I thought unstable mostly carried two people at once. I have only checked out his stream a few times.

Edit: Tell unstable I didn't mean anything by what I said. He just seemed to be yelling out some intense orders is all.

He did carry two at a time in the first week, it got harder since.

Stable does carries with Drizzay, Wicked and on occasion, Zoba. But Wicked mostly because he's online all the time :p

That's how Unstable is :p

Unstable

Lol, it's all cool man. Wicked is to polite to yell back at me, so I'm glad someone is standing up for him. =P

Lnkn52

We have some Unstable Heads here, watch what you say ;-)

todd360

Lol, it's all cool man. Wicked is to polite to yell back at me, so I'm glad someone is standing up for him. =P

That was hilarious though. I was looking at another tab and all of a sudden i'm being mentioned on the stream. I was like wtf.

Maybe we will finally encounter each other in trials tonight. I'm getting on at 6 pm est or so.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Dat Iron Banner Armor:

Destiny_20150706144309.jpg

GhaleonEB

So,

I hit level 32 last night, and I guess I'm off to upgrade my armor and ascend it or some such to hit level 34. I was stuck at 24 and lost interest in the valley between end game content and story progression.

I've never raided, and I don't do a lot of pvp, but my wife it out of town for 10 days. So, I'm gonna give it a whirl.

What end game content should I be running? What am I supposed to do? Are there certain armor/weapon combos I need? How do I get them?

Should I switch subclasses and max the other one out? Never bothered much with that before.

I've never messed with a faction, should I rank up my factions? Do they sell decent gear?

Basically I want to have some fun and get to a point where I can be useful when Taken King comes out.

Others have replied, but if you don't do PvP - and I don't - the endgame content is currently:

Weekly Heroic strikes
Weekly Nightfall strikes
Vault of Glass (raid)
Crota's End (raid)
Prison of Elders challenge arenas (levels 32/34/35)

(This list will get a major reboot in two months.)

The first has matchmaking, but the rest do not. Any time you feel up to doing anything, just post and we'll help form groups to run with you, or pop by and see what folks are grouping up to do and hop in. I haven't run many raids since House of Wolves came out, but would like to do so again (and could tonight).

Do level up your subclasses, as they all have their uses. The Bladedancer Hunter is probably the most valuable / flexible in terms of endgame content, but they all can serve a valuable role, be augmented in interesting ways with some of the new gear, and are simply fun to play.

You'll need to play PvP to buy anything from the factions. It sucks, but if you don't do PvP then you are limited to the Vanguard gear. It's decent but is something I hope gets addressed with Taken King.

Prison of Elders is your primary path to 34, with etheric light drops from Nightfalls being another, but as those are random PoE is the dedicated path for PvE players. Level 32 for armor cores, and level 34/35 for etheric light to ascend legendary weapons and armor (which is silly, it should also drop in 32). Lots of good stuff to try out.

todd360

The hunter cloak is on point this time around, but nothing trumps the old IB Warlock Gear. Especially with the Gloohoo shader.

The back of the cloak is great. The popped collar looks lame though. These new hoods are like something out of the lids hat store or some shit. Just give me regular hoodie hoods bungie. Simple swag without trying to swag.

On a whim I went home today and played during lunch.

I did the Daily Heroic and played two Iron Banner matches.

From the two IB matches, I ended up getting a Legendary Helmet, a Legendary Pulse Rifle, and a Legendary Fusion Rifle.

I'm just thinking... damn, what if I don't go home and play during lunch? Maybe I never get those items?!

One of the next expansions should be us guardians using vex tech to go back in time before the collapse of humanity. This would be an excellent opportunity to finally get good looking PVE gear that isn't butt ugly and modeled after the other races. And, as any good gamer knows, super old stuff is always hands down the most powerful stuff around. We could even get a golden age ship! Make it happen, Bungie!

And it shouldn't be too hard to make happen story wise considering a guy who was in prison for God knows how long and is essentially a big dumb brute can dredge up guys that can reverse engineer it....

The back of the cloak is great. The popped collar looks lame though. These new hoods are like something out of the lids hat store or some shit. Just give me regular hoodie hoods bungie. Simple swag without trying to swag.

Haha that's my favorite part! My Hunter looks like bro dracula or something. I wish the Titan mark was better this time around. I kept my OG IB sash. It cracks me up when it freaks out sometimes on the post game screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom