• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

So,

I hit level 32 last night, and I guess I'm off to upgrade my armor and ascend it or some such to hit level 34. I was stuck at 24 and lost interest in the valley between end game content and story progression.

I've never raided, and I don't do a lot of pvp, but my wife it out of town for 10 days. So, I'm gonna give it a whirl.

What end game content should I be running? What am I supposed to do? Are there certain armor/weapon combos I need? How do I get them?

Should I switch subclasses and max the other one out? Never bothered much with that before.

I've never messed with a faction, should I rank up my factions? Do they sell decent gear?

Basically I want to have some fun and get to a point where I can be useful when Taken King comes out.
You should try getting into a raid group, preferably Vault Of Glass: the drop rate is lower than the one of Crota's End but it's the very best experience you can have in Destiny right now. This is the activity that got us all so hooked to the game. Just be on the look out for groups in this thread, or try starting one, stating that it will be your first time running it, so that people don't try to cheese / rush the encounters.
In a broader way, you'll want elemental primaries, as they are the key to make the end game content way more easy / affordable. Those only drop from raids, so don't hesitate to run those: a crappy elemental weapon is still better than the best kinetic one during a burn. Basically keep any weapon that drop from the raids, there are very few of them that are bad.
All in all, just keep an eye open on this thread and don't hesitate to join groups or ask for things you want to run here. We are the most active on Tuesdays during reset, but you can usually find some help at any time of the week.

POST YOUR CURRENT FAVORITE (LEGENDARY) PVP GEAR

My go-to's:

QC68LjU.jpg

Shito

I posted that a few days ago. It was pretty interesting I thought. We are addicted, at least I am. Was. Still am.
It is interesting, but it really is nothing new nor specific to Destiny.
Bungie worked well on that front, but so did Valve, Blizzard, or countless others in the social games space...

Waldini

Holy. Shit.

ToO has become a cluster-fuck.

Unkillable enemies.
0-4 at the start of a new match.
Supers not doing any damage.
Unbearable lag.
Last Word one-hit kills.
Our Thorns not triggering the Devourer Perk.
Loss-boon not working.
Getting disconnected by an enemy team who are doing nothing.

... and the list goes on and on.

Holy. Shit.

Unkillable enemies.
Unbearable lag.
Last Word one-hit kills.
Loss-boon not working.

Haven't even bothered this week. ToO and Iron Banner are getting worse every go-round. The need for dedicated servers or stricter policing of connections is badly overdue.

Holy. Shit.

Unkillable enemies.
Unbearable lag.
Last Word one-hit kills.
Loss-boon not working.

Sounds like I might be killing Skolas tonight instead...

Does anyone have Normal Gatekeepers?

Neo used the phrase "wanta buy" so you know it's serious. :p

Hard GKs is very solo-farmable since the shotty buff. Run Univ Remote plus another shotty, profit. Shoot some rockets when you have them. Sunsinger works really well for fusion grenades and self res.

Shito

shit rewards in PoE aside from a sniper. no one cares about Skolas anymore.
Also this week we have the infamous arc burn round in 32, and Qodron in 34.
Didn't run them for lack of motivation, but I will probably start looking for some 34 starting tomorrow...

deafmedal

So,

I hit level 32 last night, and I guess I'm off to upgrade my armor and ascend it or some such to hit level 34. I was stuck at 24 and lost interest in the valley between end game content and story progression.

I've never raided, and I don't do a lot of pvp, but my wife it out of town for 10 days. So, I'm gonna give it a whirl.

What end game content should I be running? What am I supposed to do? Are there certain armor/weapon combos I need? How do I get them?

Should I switch subclasses and max the other one out? Never bothered much with that before.

I've never messed with a faction, should I rank up my factions? Do they sell decent gear?

Basically I want to have some fun and get to a point where I can be useful when Taken King comes out.
If you are on PS4 add me on PSN and we'll get you (and any others *hint* apple) through VoG and CE, I'll be around as I've got the rest of the week off :) But not today, got some IB to lag through :)
PSN deafmedal

If you haven't been to Mercury you are eligible to win a free ride!

First person to accurately answer these 3 questions wins!

q. What is the rarest Exotic in Destiny?

a. ?

q. What is the name of Bungie's level editor for Destiny?

a. ?

q. What is unarguably the best class in the game?
(It's Titan)

a. ?

Necrochasm?

Titan

CHRIS CARNEY?

forrest

formerly nacire
If you haven't been to Mercury you are eligible to win a free ride!

First person to accurately answer these 3 questions wins!

q. What is the rarest Exotic in Destiny?

a. ? The Story
(Fate of All Fools)

q. What is the name of Bungie's level editor for Destiny?

a. ? Copy Pasta
(Grognok)

q. What is unarguably the best class in the game?
(It's Titan)

a. ? Titan
(It's Hunter)

Only played ToO the second week it was out and got 5-6 wins with no buffs. Haven't had a chance to really dive in nor find a group to run with on any kind of basis. Would love to see Mercury though.

deafmedal

You can trim the saved video using the Playstation itself (or Share Factory if you have that downloaded). Make a <15 second clip, upload that to YouTube, then use gifyoutube.com to make the gif. Other sites work as well, just copy paste the YouTube URL and boom.

Nice run deaf!

Eh, can't upload the vid lol! TBF, I usually can't watch any vids from my friends and most of the time I cannot load the store. I'll try using a cord instead of wifi later and see if that helps. Thanks for the tips, I need to learn that shit no-how for all my stoopid deaths ;P

todd360

Checking out unstable stream. Dat justgotwicked hype doe. Does unstable know that wicked is top tier? He seems to be bossing him around a lot.

the Nazis of Destiny. the Ram helm confirms it!

We feed on the tears of the Guardians of which we perish.

hate mail FROM dead warlocks...

They're not 'true' warlocks. A true Warlock would rise from the dead and incinerate the enemy or disintigrate them with a ball of void energy.

Testify brother!

I still love my alt Titan tho

I'll ignore that last part.

There is still hope for you yet Guardian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom