• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurumi

Yeah you can solo it, don't have to kill a single enemy.

Just post in chat, you may get lucky with the raffle...it's first timers only today so you have a very good chance.

Sent you a FR btw.

FV wrecks everything in PVE. If you need to fire it twice for a kill, you're doing ti wrong :p

FR accepted.

this has become my go-to hand cannon in PvP now. the negative side of braced frame (mag size reduced from 8 to 6) actually ends up being a positive because it increases the odds of Luck In The Chamber. Every time I empty a full magazine, 33% of the shots do extra damage. Fulcrum has awesome base stats, too.

Alright, just jumped back into Destiny after 8 months or so and in the process of dusting off my lv 27 Titan and my lv 25 Warlock (Hunter can remain in the storage cabinet. Fuck you, Hunter).

I am however kinda lost with all the new fangled factions and reps and gear levels. Could someone give me a quick primer on what to do?

The new factions aren't that important honestly. Eris sells some cool shaders and emblems, as well as the item that's required to acquire the Necrocasm exotic auto rifle (along w two other RNG drops, I wouldn't worry about this since the Necro is garbage
sorry Nami
). Her bounties do give some very easy XP though so some of them are worth doing for that.

In the Reef, the Queens bounties are just bonus patrol missions, worth doing a bit for fun and easy XP as well as Grimoire points. You get 1 treasure key per week for doing one bounty, which you can use for extra loot in PoE. The House of Judgement guy just sells stuff you can buy with the cores you get for doing PoE, not very important and the rep is pretty meaningless. Then Brother Vance is the Trials of Osiris vendor, you only want to talk to him if you want to try some intense PvP action.

Overall the new vendors aren't super critical for where you're at now. Eris and Queen for easy XP, otherwise you can stick with the old factions and bounties.

Shito

this has become my go-to hand cannon in PvP now. the negative side of braced frame (mag size reduced from 8 to 6) actually ends up being a positive because it increases the odds of Luck In The Chamber. Every time I empty a full magazine, 33% of the shots do extra damage. Fulcrum has awesome base stats, too.

The fulcrum is a beast. I have one for my low level PVE needs that I cherish so damn much.
I recommend it to people who want a change of pace from the FB when running easy content.

Ahhh the sweet smell of an incoming nerf.

The worst part is it's a blanket nerf. Some Handcannons are in a good place and well balanced like the last word. Others like Thorn have real issues (Lower the range and stability), but Bungie is just being lazy and doing it across the board rendering some well balanced weapons unusable for high end play.

iRAWR! your time has come!!
Thanks for letting me know, prob wouldn't have notice unstable' s invite honestly.
Rawr could totally solo trials
with those mad R2 skills
Haha I wish :p
I see iRAWR! His time to get to Mercury is coming!
Hopefully it's your turn soon! I believe :)

Thank a bunch unstable and wicked for my first trip to Mercury! Wish I could return the favor somehow. Anyways once again thanks unstable, wicked and whomever suggest me for the trip :)

Got an arc jewel as my weapon.

The new factions aren't that important honestly. Eris sells some cool shaders and emblems, as well as the item that's required to acquire the Necrocasm exotic auto rifle (along w two other RNG drops, I wouldn't worry about this since the Necro is garbage
sorry Nami
). Her bounties do give some very easy XP though so some of them are worth doing for that.

In the Reef, the Queens bounties are just bonus patrol missions, worth doing a bit for fun and easy XP as well as Grimoire points. You get 1 treasure key per week for doing one bounty, which you can use for extra loot in PoE. The House of Judgement guy just sells stuff you can buy with the cores you get for doing PoE, not very important and the rep is pretty meaningless. Then Brother Vance is the Trials of Osiris vendor, you only want to talk to him if you want to try some intense PvP action.

Overall the new vendors aren't super critical for where you're at now. Eris and Queen for easy XP, otherwise you can stick with the old factions and bounties.

Cool, thanks a lot for the answer.

Anything else I should know? Back when I was playing, it was just nightfalls and raids. What other changes have been introduced since vanilla?

noomi

Tomorrow will be the first time in a long while that I won't have anyone to do reset nightfalls with :(

Anyone want to try and knock out 3 as soon as reset kicks in? I normally have an hour to do them before heading to work...

Namikaze1

Well shit. I didn't realize an exotic dropped from mercury chest earlier after getting flawless with Noomi and X___O. Decided to check postmaster and there it was.

My 5th
<<<<<Hawkmoon>>>>>
err I mean my 40th exotic shard.

Alright, just jumped back into Destiny after 8 months or so and in the process of dusting off my lv 27 Titan and my lv 25 Warlock (Hunter can remain in the storage cabinet. Fuck you, Hunter).

I am however kinda lost with all the new fangled factions and reps and gear levels. Could someone give me a quick primer on what to do?

I realized my first lengthy post was just about new factions, lol. As for gear levels, Lv34 is the new max. You need 4 armor pieces that each have 42 light to achieve this, or 168 total light. Each level below that is 12 light down, so you need 156 for Lv33, 144 for Lv32, 132 for Lv31 and 120 for Lv30. Being in between light levels doesn't matter, so 120 light vs 131 light is identical if that makes sense.

To get 42 light gear, you can do Lv32 or Lv35 Prison of Elders and use the armor core that drops to buy whatever 42 light armor the House of Judgement vendor is selling that week. Or you can get at least 5 wins on a Trials passage but this isn't reasonable where you're at now unless you get carried hard. Or you can buy and level an exotic armor from Xur, or ascend any old exotic armor you have with an exotic shard. Or you can get Etheric Light from the Lv34 and Lv35 PoE, from a Nightfall drop if you get lucky, or from getting 6, 8, and 9 wins on a Trials Passage. ELight can ascend any legendary (purple) armor to 42 light max.

You can get 30 light max armor from Vault of Glass drops and 33 light max armor from Crotas End. You could also get lucky just losing matches in Trials since 36 light armor drops there. You can also buy 36 light armor with marks from Tower vendors once you are rank 2 with any faction (not Eris, although she does have a long quest line that gives 33 light gauntlets, not worth it). Grinding rep and buying Tower armor is the one guaranteed way to get higher light level stuff, plus Xur. Then you can start doing Lv32 and Lv34 PoE for the armor cores and Etheric light.

I'm sure I forgot some stuff but that's a lot already, lol. Hope this helps.

Namikaze1

Tomorrow will be the first time in a long while that I won't have anyone to do reset nightfalls with :(

Anyone want to try and knock out 3 as soon as reset kicks in? I normally have an hour to do them before heading to work...
*raises hand*
Me! Pick me! Me! I'm free! Me!

*pushes everyone aside*

Me, Noomi! Pick me! Me!

The worst part is it's a blanket nerf. Some Handcannons are in a good place and well balanced like the last word. Others like Thorn have real issues (Lower the range and stability), but Bungie is just being lazy and doing it across the board rendering some well balanced weapons unusable for high end play.

TLW can be nerfed a little imo. Slower rate of fire when auto firing and as many have said fix the ADS 111 dmg. They could probably fix alot of the problem guns by just not letting old weapons be upgraded in the next expansion. This way they would be innefective dmg wise in events where level advantages matter. Not letting gear/weapons upgrade needs to happen eventually anyway

noomi

It's going to be arc omnigul.

good luck :p

Oh god... We're due for one aren't we? The last month of nightfalls has been awesome and fun... I hope they continue the trend!

*raises hand*
Me! Pick me! Me! I'm free! Me!

*pushes everyone aside*

Me, Noomi! Pick me! Me!

Haha, sure man. I thought you usually come on later on reset days. Will be on right before reset and I have an hour to get whatever we can get done before running off to work.

Cool, thanks a lot for the answer.

Anything else I should know? Back when I was playing, it was just nightfalls and raids. What other changes have been introduced since vanilla?

Np, check out my second post up ^^ there and let me know if you have other questions. Sometimes I forget how obtuse Destiny is until I try to explain it to newer players, haha.

I realized my first lengthy post was just about new factions, lol. As for gear levels, Lv34 is the new max. You need 4 armor pieces that each have 42 light to achieve this, or 168 total light. Each level below that is 12 light down, so you need 156 for Lv33, 144 for Lv32, 132 for Lv31 and 120 for Lv30. Being in between light levels doesn't matter, so 120 light vs 131 light is identical if that makes sense.

To get 42 light gear, you can do Lv32 or Lv35 Prison of Elders and use the armor core that drops to buy whatever 42 light armor the House of Judgement vendor is selling that week. Or you can get at least 5 wins on a Trials passage but this isn't reasonable where you're at now unless you get carried hard. Or you can buy and level an exotic armor from Xur, or ascend any old exotic armor you have with an exotic shard. Or you can get Etheric Light from the Lv34 and Lv35 PoE, from a Nightfall drop if you get lucky, or from getting 6, 8, and 9 wins on a Trials Passage. ELight can ascend any legendary (purple) armor to 42 light max.

You can get 30 light max armor from Vault of Glass drops and 33 light max armor from Crotas End. You could also get lucky just losing matches in Trials since 36 light armor drops there. You can also buy 36 light armor with marks from Tower vendors once you are rank 2 with any faction (not Eris, although she does have a long quest line that gives 33 light gauntlets, not worth it). Grinding rep and buying Tower armor is the one guaranteed way to get higher light level stuff, plus Xur. Then you can start doing Lv32 and Lv34 PoE for the armor cores and Etheric light.

I'm sure I forgot some stuff but that's a lot already, lol. Hope this helps.

Lol, looks like I've got my work cut out for me. Again, thanks a lot for taking the time to answer me :)

Namikaze1

Oh god... We're due for one aren't we? The last month of nightfalls has been awesome and fun... I hope they continue the trend!

Haha, sure man. I thought you usually come on later on reset days. Will be on right before reset and I have an hour to get whatever we can get done before running off to work.
I wake up early. Like 5 AM EST early and usually place my pillow over face to block out the sun and pretend to sleep for two hours before deciding to get up and do stuff.

I hope the fuck not. I think it will be Shadow thief once again, solar or void hopefully.

High time we got Nexus mind nightfall though, it's been out of rotation for way too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom