• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sense 8. Watch it. (if you haven't already)

Started it last night. I only watched the first episode, and thought it was a bit disjointed. That said, I've already decided that there is enough to like, and will keep watching as long as it doesn't totally shit the bed.

PuMa

Started it last night. I only watched the first episode, and thought it was a bit disjointed. That said, I've already decided that there is enough to like, and will keep watching as long as it doesn't totally shit the bed.

I'm only about 6 episodes in, but I'm hooked. Worth continuing at least, I'd say.

phen0m24

Is Iron Banner over now? I feel like I barley got to play. Anyway, I think that I've broken my addiction. I've been busy doing summer stuff and digging up weird things to watch on Netflix. I only have two exotics from HoWs, and I just don't have to urge to get the others. I ignored Nightfalls and PoE in favor of the PvP activities, and don't think I can muster the drive to start grinding PvE stuff at this point.

I still wish ToO was a bit more forgiving. I spent a lot of time practicing, but just plateaued hard... so even though I enjoy ToO, it's just too hard to progress. Every team feels like an elite MLG team with guys pulling off mid jump sniper kills and what not.

High five amigo

I had to uninstall it

noomi

Decided to give the game another shot last night. I'm at level 21. Are strike playlists my best bet for now?

Yup, do strikes and pvp until you can get yourself to level 28 or so. Should be able to buy a piece of gear from the vanguard/crucible vendor to help ya out with all the marks you get.

Then try one of the raids (normal vog, or normal crota), ascend some gear, run PoE, get more etheric light, PoE vendor armor.... and you'll be 34 on no time ;)

I tried watching it but couldn't get into it. I have too many shows i watch right now anyway :eek:

Queenbreaker's wrecks on Nightfall and if you have boots with special ammo and a chest piece with fusion ammo, they stack and give you over 120 shots.

Guess what shader looks better than Revenant?

The Hanged Man!

Just got it, hot damn does it look sexy on the titan or what!

Also, PSA:

This is just my experience and may be RNG like everything else, but if you have a faction package, open it in the tower, not the reef.

Every time I open a package in the reef, I get nothing but a mote of light or strange coin.

Every time I open it in the tower, I get a drop, even if it's just a piece of armor. Got all my DO shaders from tower.

So, give it a try...

The Hanged Man!

Also, PSA:

This is just my experience and may be RNG like everything else, but if you have a faction package, open it in the tower, not the reef.

Every time I open a package in the reef, I get nothing but a mote of light or strange coin.

Every time I open it in the tower, I get a drop, even if it's just a piece of armor. Got all my DO shaders from tower.

So, give it a try...

I think you're just lucky with rng haha. My last two dead orbit packages opened in the tower were nothing but motes. :/

Zoidberg

The Hanged Man!

Also, PSA:

So, give it a try...

3/5 of my last NM packages have been single motes in the tower. You're just lucky, Mr. 2 exotics from the PoE chest.

I can't complain too much, got Nefertiti AK and Cleopatra AK shaders in the space of a week.

noomi

Just mentioned on Goth's stream but apparently people were final rounding twice with their Thorns in ToO! via a Glitch.

I'll research reddit for confirmation ofcourse.

Yeah..... there's a way to glitch yourself to have 2 final rounds basically. Found out over the weekend from some players I was doing trials with that told me about it. We didn't use it, cause it's super lame....

Was hoping this wouldn't become wide spread news....

The Hanged Man!

Have to agree here, I have revenant but I use hanged man & the nowhere shaders on my titan :D Sexeh!

EL CUCO

Just mentioned on Goth's stream but apparently people were final rounding twice with their Thorns in ToO! via a Glitch.

Edit: I see you found the vid. They need to make the final round perk dissappear if they can't control it properly.

LiK

I dunno what Hanged Man looks like but I love my all black Titan. Glad IB is over so I could stop using the IB shaders.

jschreier

Still can't believe we made it to Mercury last night. What a rush. Nothing gets you better at Destiny PVP than playing like 20 hours straight with a god-tier player like Todd, lol

God damn Bungie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phzfiEbheRc

There's a glitch that let's you get final round as your first shot with Thorn. It has something to do with swapping weapons when spawning.

Edit: ah you found the video. They explain it pretty well, and yes, it's ridiculous haha.

Lnkn52

Still can't believe we made it to Mercury last night. What a rush. Nothing gets you better at Destiny PVP than playing like 20 hours straight with a god-tier player like Todd, lol

Stick around for other reset shenanigans, we don't bite; I promise. Well, I can't speak for everyone.

noomi

Congrats :D

Hope you got some good loot out of that Mercury chest!

Anybody want to do n?

Sorry Rob, still at work for another 4 hours... >_<

Yup. Back in full force and ready for the engrams.

Great. Though you missed Iron Banana, some EL...

Yeah, absolutely! See you guys in a few hours then.

Prepare to carry us through arc lightswitch! Muahahahahah :p

Best sniper in the game, now that the Her Benevolence has been nerfed.

Wait, what?!? When did that happen? So what should I focus on reforging, HB or LGH?

Haybro

The Hanged Man!

Also, PSA:

So, give it a try...

Congrats, I have both revenant and hanged man, but the one I really want is bittersteel.

We were both first timers last night :) Thanks once again to Unstable and Wicked for carrying me :) awesome experiences
Still wish I was atleast somewhat helpful :p

Definity

haha, I'm feeling the same way after finally getting picked by stable in his stream for a carry last night. I came so close to getting there every single weekend but never made it until now. I really enjoy the elimination style of play and I think it fits destiny very well. I just need to get out of some bad habits I picked up in 6vs6 control mode.

Thanks again stable and fig for the help!

sajj316

Per Gutz31's recommendation, got me a Deadshot Luna SR1 with the following roll (after a reforge).

Full Auto
Firefly

Decided against explosive rounds due to the hit on stability. My options are:

High Caliber
Armor Piercing
Feather Mag

What say you DGAF? Will use primarily for crucible and anything that doesn't require a burn .. cause it doesn't have one.

Lnkn52

There's a glitch that let's you get final round as your first shot with Thorn. It has something to do with swapping weapons when spawning.

Edit: ah you found the video. They explain it pretty well, and yes, it's ridiculous haha.

Edit: I see you found the vid. They need to make the final round perk dissappear if they can't control it properly.

Welp that's trials done for the week already then

Yeah..... there's a way to glitch yourself to have 2 final rounds basically. Found out over the weekend from some players I was doing trials with that told me about it. We didn't use it, cause it's super lame....

Was hoping this wouldn't become wide spread news....

Have to agree here, I have revenant but I use hanged man & the nowhere shaders on my titan :D Sexeh!

Oh god. Please no.

We might be making a big deal out of it, but I did feel that sometimes I was getting two shot by Thorn. I see that this might be the reason.

bgbball31

Apparently playing with me = you get a Gjallarhorn!

Crota's run last week? Gjallarhorn drops for someone.

Nightfall run this week? Gjallarhorn drops for someone.

Where's mine :-(

Bungie pls. I had some of that crap happening to me in Trials.

Haybro

That's awesome man, I can only imagine. One of these days I'll finally get to Mercury. Regardless, I still enjoy the hell out of trials.

We were both first timers last night :) Thanks once again to Unstable and Wicked for carrying me :) awesome experiences
Still wish I was atleast somewhat helpful :p

Me too, I was so bad, unstable and wicked may have dislocated thier spines. I don't get it. I'm decent in 6v6
Too is a way different beast
Poke your head around the wrong corner.....

Rehsa

The Hanged Man!

Also, PSA:

So, give it a try...

So that happened to me also, I kept getting pissed, now I will make sure to go to the tower.

Got an Ash Factory last night with Hard Launch/Clown Cartridge/Javelin/Grenades & Horseshoes after a few rolls. Try for triod or just hope CC procs a lot?

ocean

Banned
We might be making a big deal out of it, but I did feel that sometimes I was getting two shot by Thorn. I see that this might be the reason.
Thorn is a two shot even without Final Round though. The difference is in dying right away or being killed a little slower from DoT. But unless you're a Warlock with max armor wearing The Ram, 2 Thorn headshots will always kill you.

traveler

Not Wario
I think it's kind of indicative of how ridiculous the current state of thorn is that that final round glitch doesn't really even look that bad, in the grand scheme of things. It's already a two headshot kill most of the time. Having to go in and out of the UI after every engagement to get a chance to turn that into a two body shot kill if you land your very first shot out of the gun isn't that insane. Still needs to be fixed and quickly, for sure, but thorn does a good enough job of ruining crucible with or without that glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom