• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

I think it's kind of indicative of how ridiculous the current state of thorn is that that doesn't really even look that bad, in the grand scheme of things. It's already a two headshot kill most of the time. Having to go in and out of the UI after every engagement to get a chance to turn that into a two body shot kill if you land your very first shot out of the gun isn't that insane. Still needs to be fixed and quickly, for sure, but thorn does a good enough job of ruining crucible with or without that glitch.
In and out of UI for what?

Lnkn52

It's considerably easier to rack up kills with thorn, blink and shotgun combo. Like you don't even have to try much.

That glitch makes the gun even sleazier if it wasn't already.

Just a nibble.

cute-puppy-gifs-nibble.gif

Decided to give the game another shot last night. I'm at level 21. Are strike playlists my best bet for now?

If you want to just get some legendary armor and weapons quickly then just playing Crucible works. You can use Crucible Marks to buy legendary armor, and legendary weapons will pour in from random drops during the matches.

Strike playlist only becomes good IMO once you get to Level 28 and can do the Dragon Playlist with a guaranteed engram. But leving up to 28 through crucible is quick and easy.

Edit: by the way Stranger's Rifle is now a top-tier Pulse Rifle for normal crucible thanks to balance changes earlier this year that buffed PRs, so assuming you have that gun from the story you may want to try using it in Crucible, should be a three-burst kill. Not as good as Thorn or TLW but still very competitive for typical crucible matches.

nOoblet16

I think the people who do the UI trick for thorn and that infinite invisibility are people who aren't really very good at the game in that they won't really get a lot of kills as they rely on it so much and there's a lot of time wasting involved. It's a nuisance though.

Me too, I was so bad, unstable and wicked may have dislocated thier spines. I don't get it. I'm decent in 6v6
Too is a way different beast
Poke your head around the wrong corner.....

haha well we were bullet shields and food for the enemy teams :p Agreed its alot different from playing 6v6, I tend to have a desire to play aggressively aka run around and push often. ToO is way different from what I am use to.

Doesnt help I am terrible at sniping T_T

So I jumped into Destiny after an 8 month hiatus and...it kinda felt exactly the same as I left it.

My lv 27 Titan and lv 25 Warlock were too low level to do any new content and so I just did a bunch of strikes, which gave me nothing but green and blue engrams. I understand vendor gear is supposed to be a good way to get in fighting shape, which shouldn't be a problem for my Titan, since she's got lv3 rep with vanguard and crucible and getting marks is just a matter of time. My Warlock however has no rep with anyone. Is there a fast way to get her up to speed, or do I have a shitton of grinding ahead of me?

High five amigo

I had to uninstall it

feels good. Watch out real life, here I come! Will post screenshots of myself performing Space Magic on the basement to make a playroom for the kids. Or Crying Havoc on a Burrito when I go out to eat instead of ordering a pizza for delivery.

Dave_6

Boy am I a glutton for punishment (and a dumbass!). Told myself when IB started that I wanted to get at least the chest piece for my Warlock. Wound up playing and finishing up Arkham Knight instead, on top of being somewhat busy over the July 4th weekend. Most of the group I usually play with wasn't playing Destiny from what I could tell too.

Well last night I finally decided to boot it up and go solo with randoms (made two posts here, no one acknowledged). I think in ~2.5 hours, I won three games :/ Probably the most aggravating play session I've had yet, to the point it gave me a headache. I at least got four of the bounties done so I went on to the tower. Lo and behold, I had been thinking the whole time that I only needed to be rank 3 to get the chest piece. Nope! Have to be rank 4. Nearly 3 hours of bullshit stress wasted on nothing! I did at least get the one etheric light :/

Maybe I need to take some time off from this game...

kiguel182

So I jumped into Destiny after an 8 month hiatus and...it kinda felt exactly the same as I left it.

My lv 27 Titan and lv 25 Warlock were too low level to do any new content and so I just did a bunch of strikes, which gave me nothing but green and blue engrams. I understand vendor gear is supposed to be a good way to get in fighting shape, which shouldn't be a problem for my Titan, since she's got lv3 rep with vanguard and crucible and getting marks is just a matter of time. My Warlock however has no rep with anyone. Is there a fast way to get her up to speed, or do I have a shitton of grinding ahead of me?

I had very little Vanguard rep when I started to level up and the way I found easier was just doing a lot of bounties.

It still took a long time and burned me out of the game at the time.

Me too, I was so bad, unstable and wicked may have dislocated thier spines. I don't get it. I'm decent in 6v6
Too is a way different beast
Poke your head around the wrong corner.....

Thanks to Unstable and Wicked I had my first trip as well.

I watched part of the stream with your run and I think you just got matched up with some tougher teams. I'm pretty awful but my run went really smoothly. At least Unstable and Wicked made it seem that way!

Boy am I a glutton for punishment (and a dumbass!). Told myself when IB started that I wanted to get at least the chest piece for my Warlock. Wound up playing and finishing up Arkham Knight instead, on top of being somewhat busy over the July 4th weekend. Most of the group I usually play with wasn't playing Destiny from what I could tell too.

Well last night I finally decided to boot it up and go solo with randoms (made two posts here, no one acknowledged). I think in ~2.5 hours, I won three games :/ Probably the most aggravating play session I've had yet, to the point it gave me a headache. I at least got four of the bounties done so I went on to the tower. Lo and behold, I had been thinking the whole time that I only needed to be rank 3 to get the chest piece. Nope! Have to be rank 4. Nearly 3 hours of bullshit stress wasted on nothing! I did at least get the one etheric light :/

Maybe I need to take some time off from this game...

Sounds like you should. IB is the worst of this game, honestly.

Gammacide

Wow. Taniks went down in a few arc sniper shots with weapons of light. Got to the last room and before anything spawned he was melting. Amazing. Teammate got Dragons Breath too which was great to see (despite my jealousy). Doing a second run if anyone wants to join. PSN is V1ctIm.

Sounds like you should. IB is the worst of this game, honestly.

IB was very refreshing compared to ToO. I really had the perfect system the other day. Jump on and do all of my bounties with randoms. All it takes is one match where the other team stinks for you to knock out the Machine Gun and Ten Kill/Assist streak and a few other bounties all at once. Then I would get into a GAF train for that 6 person 90% win type of fun.

I'm playing this game for a first time in a long time. Last night did my first PoE ever, used my treasure key and got my first unique: Gjallarhorn. Apparently that's pretty lucky.

PuMa

Wow. Taniks went down in a few arc sniper shots with weapons of light. Got to the last room and before anything spawned he was melting. Amazing. Teammate got Dragons Breath too which was great to see (despite my jealousy). Doing a second run if anyone wants to join. PSN is V1ctIm.

Wait, what?

Shito

I'm playing this game for a first time in a long time. Last night did my first PoE ever, used my treasure key and got my first unique: Gjallarhorn. Apparently that's pretty lucky.
Consider yourself VERY lucky.
Also know that you are going to make a few jealous people around here... ^^

ich00

Happy Bungie Day DGaf! I hope we all get sweet emblems!

Actually what I would really like is a new shell for my ghost.

One more noob question; I understand you need to do the HoW story missions to unlock PoE. I gave the first story mission a shot and got absolutely murdered when I had to fight the waves of servitors, stealth guys and captains. Are these missions meant to be really hard, am I just shitty or is this because of outdated vanilla Destiny gear?

kiguel182

Okay, caved in and bought the season pass.

Let's hope this helps with my downtime during Summer, I have fun and don't regret this.

Fingers crossed.

EDIT: Also, hopefully I can sell Advanced Warfare to offset the cost of this.

OK I know for a fact that happened to me in trials. 2 shot from Thorn without dying via DoT. People and their stupid "I'm going to switch my weapons to hide what I'm really using so you won't know for 1 round".

Guess what shader looks better than Revenant?

The Hanged Man!

Just got it, hot damn does it look sexy on the titan or what!

Also, PSA:

This is just my experience and may be RNG like everything else, but if you have a faction package, open it in the tower, not the reef.

Every time I open a package in the reef, I get nothing but a mote of light or strange coin.

Every time I open it in the tower, I get a drop, even if it's just a piece of armor. Got all my DO shaders from tower.

So, give it a try...

Aaru's Passage looks also pretty good on my Titan, oh wait...
;)

OK I know for a fact that happened to me in trials. 2 shot from Thorn without dying via DoT. People and their stupid "I'm going to switch my weapons to hide what I'm really using so you won't know for 1 round".
I could have sworn I was getting cross hit from other players because I knew I was getting two shotted without DoT taking me down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom