• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willectro

Banned
Yup, do strikes and pvp until you can get yourself to level 28 or so. Should be able to buy a piece of gear from the vanguard/crucible vendor to help ya out with all the marks you get.

Then try one of the raids (normal vog, or normal crota), ascend some gear, run PoE, get more etheric light, PoE vendor armor.... and you'll be 34 on no time ;)

If you want to just get some legendary armor and weapons quickly then just playing Crucible works. You can use Crucible Marks to buy legendary armor, and legendary weapons will pour in from random drops during the matches.

Strike playlist only becomes good IMO once you get to Level 28 and can do the Dragon Playlist with a guaranteed engram. But leving up to 28 through crucible is quick and easy.

Edit: by the way Stranger's Rifle is now a top-tier Pulse Rifle for normal crucible thanks to balance changes earlier this year that buffed PRs, so assuming you have that gun from the story you may want to try using it in Crucible, should be a three-burst kill. Not as good as Thorn or TLW but still very competitive for typical crucible matches.

Great, thanks a lot for the advice. I may have the Stranger's Rifle, and might already be using it. I'll have to check lol. I think I'll probably continue with the Crucible matches as I prefer those.

LiK

Ahah glad I'm not the only one.

Also, Destiny is a great game to listen to podcasts while playing.

If people wonder why I don't use my headset most of the time, podcasts are the main reason. No offense to folks who want to talk to me but when I'm playing casually, I'm usually listening to podcasts.

Kyoufu

Should we assume that Destiny 2 would be releasing Q3 2016 or later than that?

Because if they announce it at E3 2016 then that isn't long for a release, and seems to be unlike Activision.

September 2017 IMO.

They've got to go through Year 2 and 3 of this game first... Maybe.

KUSEK0z.jpg

stb

I just don't have the energy. If any of the usual crew want to raid tonight, I'd probably be down, but I may be a little late for the "usual" 8:30 Eastern start time.

I got sick of this game before the first expansion dropped and haven't played it again since yesterday.... Had some friends help me with the first raid for the first time ever and I couldn't stop playing.. Now I'm contemplating on buying the season pass. Dammit bungie.

Alright, if you answer this question correctly, you get the second red bull code:

Okay real question:

"Stick around."
First thing that pops into my head is Arnold in Predator. I believe he even improvised that line and I remember him saying he did in one of his reddit IAMA.

EDIT: My answer isn't for your real question. That's what I get for skimming the email.

Are they even doing anything special for today or is it just playing PVP with them and getting the emblem?

Namikaze1

Alright, if you answer this question correctly, you get the second red bull code:

Who shot first?

Tell me, who was it!

Okay real question:

"Stick around."

This quote is from a famous movie starring a famous actor. Another actor in this film went on to do even more than just acting. unlike the main star of the film, he stuck to Hollywood. He would go on to write screen plays for some very fan favorite films. He would then direct a cult favorite and a divisive film. One actor appeared in said films. What's that actor's name and first lead role film?
Damn. No one has figure out the answer to this yet. It's not that hard. :p

ich00

I hate to be a debbie downer, but I'm kinda peeved at how much grinding I've got ahead of me to break out of that lv 25 ghetto. One of the main reasons I got back into the game was that I saw a lot of people saying HoW solves a lot of vanilla Destiny's grinding problems, but it seems to me that the grinding is still as well, grindy as ever.

I don't even want to think about all the grinding I'll have to do once I start a Hunter and have to level up and grind rep/marks all over again...

Others have mentioned using PoE for gear to get to 34, which is probably the best way to do it. Also don't forget to try and get the strange coins if possible to get an exotic when xur sells them.

As for starting a new character: I rerolled my hunter not to long ago and to get to lvl 20 it took me about 6 or 7 hours of playing the first handfull of missions (I think I got to the moon), the rest of the time I play Crucible. Granted my second subclass isn't ranked up all the way yet, that's more cause I just haven't been playing as much.

stb

I got sick of this game before the first expansion dropped and haven't played it again since yesterday.... Had some friends help me with the first raid for the first time ever and I couldn't stop playing.. Now I'm contemplating on buying the season pass. Dammit bungie.

Don't feel bad, it's not your fault. We're all the mental equivalent of mice that can be Jedi-mind-tricked into playing a game we'd all hate if only we could break the spell cast on us by the flashy spinny yellow box and the noise exotic weapons make when you get them.
/s

Haybro

Who shot first?

Tell me, who was it!

Okay real question:

"Stick around."

This quote is from a famous movie starring a famous actor. Another actor in this film went on to do even more than just acting. unlike the main star of the film, he stuck to Hollywood. He would go on to write screen plays for some very fan favorite films. He would then direct a cult favorite and a divisive film. One actor appeared in said films. What's that actor's name and first lead role film?

I had to re-read this multiple times, so I may be way off but...

Predator --> Hawkins --> Shane black --> IM3 & kkbb --> RDJ --> pick-up artist?

Yes, anyone is welcome and there is no gear requirement. Also, no one is rubbish.

Add me on PSN: ruthlesbarbarian

Yes PoE 32 rewards armor cores that can be shared between characters to buy the piece of armor being sold by Variks in the reef.

Awesome, thanks. I'm about to turn in for the night, but I'll add you some time tomorrow. PSN: SolicitorPirate

First thing that pops into my head is Arnold in Predator. I believe he even improvised that line and I remember him saying he did in one of his reddit IAMA.

Are they even doing anything special for today or is it just playing PVP with them and getting the emblem?

Damn. No one has figure out the answer to this yet. It's not that hard. :p

Gotta say that I thought Predator as well, but then you go on about the main actor sticking to just Hollywood, which we know Arnold dabbled in politics and didn't stick to just Hollywood.

noomi

I don't even bother with Weeklies, Dailies, Raids or PoE at all now. I still do NF for the buff but that's pretty much over since I maxed out most gear I care about.

PVP is the only mode I find fun. I love killing real people. Too bad finding people to play regular PVP with outside of IB/ToO is like pulling teeth.

I do the nightfalls for titan exotics, and a raid or two here and there just for shits and gigs. I think the game is preventing me from getting a solar HC, because once that happens there is no hold on me :p

The destiny effect! Welcome back guardian :)

Namikaze1

Gotta say that I thought Predator as well, but then you go on about the main actor sticking to just Hollywood, which we know Arnold dabbled in politics and didn't stick to just Hollywood.
I did say "unlike the main star of the film, he stuck to Hollywood"

The "he" being Shane Black.

Gala

I'm sorry Wheel, I will keep that second Gjallarhorn right next to my second Hawkmoon deep in my Vault to remember the pain I put you through today :(

Namikaze1

Aw shit! Brother went and bought two more Destiny Red Bull cans. I will never understand why he likes that drink so much but I got two more codes to give away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom