• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

t0rment

i'm only buying ttk if the end game pve content is good. PoE is absolutely awful, lazy and boring. they managed to make horde mode not fun, and that's something since most of the game is a horde mode already.

and i can already see the shitstorm when they announce season pass 2, lol.

ethomaz

Banned
The announce of the new LE PS4 Destiny bundle showed the exclusive content for PS owners.

1 Strike (Echo Chamber)
1 Crucible Map (Sector 618)
3 Legendary Gear Sets (Hesperos, Azoth Bend, and Neuroghast)
1 Exotic Scout Rifle (Jade Rabbit)

* Exclusive until at least Autumn 2016

NwoWSX6.png

Oh wow!

I bet this is where all my PS4 Gjallarhorns went as well.

The announce of the new LE PS4 Destiny bundle showed the exclusive content for PS owners.

1 Strike (Echo Chamber)

No exotic stuff this time?

1 Strike (Echo Chamber)

No offense to our Guardian brothers & sisters on XBO, but I could never make the jump over there knowing that Sony is still locking up so much content. Damn.

nOoblet16

14:30 from that conversation with creator youtube video

"Destiny is so cinematic and has such strong storytelling" -Wil Wheaton

c9j55yh.gif

And slightly after that Jason talks about how their game allows you to form bonds with people online by playing raids and stuff...but the game doesn't have matchmaking. Yea DGAF people have never met really but the platform where they meet is not Destiny but DGAF, it's DGAF that brings these people together not Destiny..for that game it's as if you are playing with people you already know and are friends with. :p

SgtCobra

No exotic stuff this time?
A scout rifle, just like The 4th Horseman was exclusive in TDB. I bet PS4 players would've gotten the 437 Vesta Dynasty in the HoW but something must've happened because the weapon vanished completely.

Im glad the armor sets are now legendary, a shame the earlier PS exclusive armor sets were rare since they looked pretty interesting and unique. We need Bungie to make them legendary, that wouldn't be such a hassle for them to accomplish would it?

Kyne

I have a couple of disconnected thoughts on this game while thinking about improvements that the TTK might bring for Titans:

1. Ideally, the supers of each class would be paper, rock, scissors. But Titans in PvP suck! Especially defenders because a bladedancer, golden gun (with one of there three shots), titan striker, or warlock bomb can all penetrate the bubble. Heck, a sunsinger can come in and out-melee the Titan in his own bubble. Where is the justice in this?

For the striker super, we have comparatively limited range and only one shot per use at kills which is inferior to the other classes multiple attempts (additional time in the case of bladedancers or sunsingers).

2. So this gets me thinking (hoping): Will Titans new "hammer time" super be the rangy multi-attempt super we need to level the playing field?

3. Will Bungie fix our defender bubble to be somewhat useful in PvP?

4. Will hunters new arrow super be a PvE focused super- I think it is, something about "tethering" enemies makes it sound so.

What you say?

Doubt they'll change the bubble properties. Ranged super will put Titans back on the pvp map, not that they ever really fell off.

I want to see all the properties of a Hunter using the new super on teammates.

1 Strike (Echo Chamber)

Oh wow. By the way how many strikes do you guys actually see in The Taken King? 4 (5 for PS Users)?

Console is interesting. I love the gold Crest but not sure I like the specks everywhere. I'd have to see it in person. Today, the Crest, and seeing pictures/videos makes my lost Lock hurt. When will the pain end?!

Can't wait to get off of work to do... 2x nightfalls. Just feels wrong.

Now that he has a scout rifle, a rocket launcher and an actual jump, he's ready to take on the top ranks of the Crucible. Everyone will feel the warlock's Wrath.

c9j55yh.gif

And slightly after that Jason talks about how their game allows you to form bonds with people online by playing raids and stuff...but the game doesn't have matchmaking. Yea DGAF people have never met really but the platform where they meet is not Destiny but DGAF, it's DGAF that brings these people together not Destiny..for that game it's as if you are playing with people you already know and are friends with. :p

Wait, what. I don't get this chicken/egg conversation.

Destiny IS what brings people together. Like Luke said, it's an excuse to shoot aliens while you talk about the Oscars.

GreyWind

No offense to our Guardian brothers & sisters on XBO, but I could never make the jump over there knowing that Sony is still locking up so much content. Damn.

I'm considering buying a PS4 for Destiny and Uncharted 4 but I've been playing Destiny on the Xbox One since day one and starting all over is gonna be painful. I wish there was some transfer deal like the one R* did for 360 players going to PS.

Namikaze1

1 Strike (Echo Chamber)

Neuroghast sounds like Hunter stuff. No need to guess what class Azoth Bend is for. Hesperos isfor titans.

PuMa

I think that's being a bit too critical. I cringed a bit at the storytelling comment because of course it a buzz term for Guardians, and I knew people would pick it apart. In the context of their conversion though, it seemed obvious he was referring to the world building and the lore there.

And IMO, I don't think matchmaking has anything to do with the bonds that are made and the community that has formed. In the end, it's the game that's brought people together.

nOoblet16

18:05

"You can run through an area in Destiny multiple times and it doesn't feels like ok he comes up behind that rock....now, and then this thing happens here"

LOLOL! I am sure even the developers themselves must be laughing hysterically inside hearing Wheaton say that.

I think that's being a bit too critical. I cringed a bit at the storytelling comment because of course it a buzz term for Guardians, and I knew people would pick it apart. In the context of their conversion though, it seemed obvious he was referring to the world building and the lore there.

And IMO, I don't think matchmaking has anything to do with the bonds that are made and the community that has formed. In the end, it's the game that's brought people together.

Read above for another cringe :p

If they did xfers, I'd be all over that. Still don't have a PS4, so it would be prefect. However, I have no desire to restart, so XB1 I stay.

kiguel182

At the end of the day, it's a video game. If the people you're playing with are legitimately getting angry, then those people are douchebags and you shouldn't be playing with them anyway. Plenty of people here are cool and will take you along, give you tips, etc.

I'll be looking for people here so that's cool to know.

Not that I mind some competitive spirit but don't want to feel super pressured to do well or anything.

I'll still want to win and improve of course!

You buy the trial passage from the vendor dude at the reef, its pretty cheap. I am prob missing some other things but that is the gist of things. It can get pretty intense and fun. Check out Unstable's stream this weekend if you have a chance to get a better idea. He is a PvP monster as well! Alot of communication ( or listening to your teammates) and teamwork. You prob need to add them since that make things easier.

Anyways most of the people here are chill, friendly and very helpful. Dont be afraid to ask for help if needed.

Okay, I got it. Seems pretty cool.

I'll definitely try it but I do need a better main weapon, I'm still rocking a blue one bah.

Now I'm focused on doing the story missions of the two expansions to then see the strikes and all of that!

Doubt they'll change the bubble properties. Ranged super will put Titans back on the pvp map, not that they ever really fell off.

I want to see all the properties of a Hunter using the new super on teammates.
Us Titans play with one hand tied to our back since our supers don't compare in PvP. Yeah, I've scored a bunch of "cry havoc" multi kills, but nothing compared to the routine slaughter provided by hunter supers in PvP.

"You can run through an area in Destiny multiple times and it doesn't feels like ok he comes up behind that rock....now, and then this thing happens here"

LOLOL! I am sure even the developers themselves must be laughing hysterically inside hearing Wheaton say that.

And where's the timecode/quote of Luke immediately saying how bad he thinks the game is at that?

PuMa

Yeah yeah, I heard that one too. Listen, I'm not saying he's infallible. There's no defense there, but I do think he did a great job hosting the conversation overall though. He said he's no expert on the game.

nOoblet16

And where's the timecode/quote of Luke immediately saying how bad he thinks the game is at that?

I am not talking about that..I am talking about how Wheaton knows nothing (well a little) about the game but is presenting himself as a fan, even if they are using him just because he is a celebrity, at the very least they could give him better questions.

Trakan

Now that he has a scout rifle, a rocket launcher and an actual jump

Haha, the Warlock having an actual jump. Good one.

1 Strike (Echo Chamber)

This was revealed at E3.

Namikaze1

I'm the protagonist of a popular series. Throughout most of my childhood, I lived with members of my family who treated me rather poorly. Then one night, everything changed for me. As the years went by, I made many friends, some who would become lifelong friends and family in years to come. But things became rather dire for me soon after that fateful night. I did not know of the dangers that awaited me. But I faced them head on and overcame many of them. One year, I made a terrible mistake. I allowed myself to fall into darkness for a bit. It nearly cost the life of one who would become an acquaintance of sorts many years later. 

I lost many loved ones in this dangerous journey. I also forged many lifelong friendships. I experienced many strange things after that night. Some best left unexplained. 

I nearly had this side antagonist for lunch. Who am I and who did I almost eat?

*****Bonus points for whoever names the series.*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom