• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

he's hosting it

it's really interesting so far

he's doing a toight job

nVY3VXZ.png

Can anyone explain me how Trial works?

Do you get a set of rewards for each amount of wins you have or is it random?
Its a high end PvP competition. It starts Friday @ 1 pm EST until Tuesday @ 5 am EST. Its a Elimination so its 3v3 single life however teammates can revive each other (unless you are a warlock with self-revive super). After 2 mins, a control point will appear and whoever captures it will win the match. Its first to 5 wins in win the overall match.

You need a trial passage to enter. The trial passage will count each wins, best out of 9. However 3 losses will knock them out and you will need a new trial passage and start back at 0 wins. There are specials buffs you can buy, which cost passage coins or something like that which are earn doing crucible throughout the week. The special buffs allow a mercy (able to loss a match without it counting on the passage card), Start off with a win and next win counts as 2 wins.

Rewards are ToO armor at 5 wins, 6 wins grants you a silver package, 7 wins allow you to buy the weapon the vendor is selling, 8 wins grants you a gold package. Going flawless allows you access to Mercury. This lets you open a special chest that give you a Arc/Solar/Void elemental primary weapon.

The PvP gods tend to normally help scrubbie players on the weekend.

p.s I am unsure of the rewards drops after 5 wins but its something like that :p

Can you only invite people to your fire team if they are your psn friends or can you invite them from like the app?
You can set your fireteam to open, Friends only or private

Namikaze1

Ha! That was awesome! Thanks guys!! One of these days the raid trophies will fall as well. :)
I'm planning to raid later on like say around 3 PM EST to 4 PM EST. It's gonna be VoG Hard mode. I can see if any more clanmates are on during then to help out if you're interested.

Gammacide

I'm planning to raid later on like say around 3 PM EST to 4 PM EST. It's gonna be VoG Hard mode. I can see if any more clanmates are on during then to help out if you're interested.
That would be stellar as Tuesdays are my days off in the summer. :) I'll be on around then should it all come together.

kiguel182

Its a high end PvP competition. It starts Friday @ 1 pm EST until Tuesday @ 5 am EST. Its a Elimination so its 3v3 single life however teammates can revive each other (unless you are a warlock with self-revive super). After 2 mins, a control point will appear and whoever captures it will win the match. Its first to 5 wins in win the overall match.

You need a trial passage to enter. The trial passage will count each wins, best out of 9. However 3 losses will knock them out and you will need a new trial passage and start back at 0 wins. There are specials buffs you can buy, which cost passage coins or something like that which are earn doing crucible throughout the week. The special buffs allow a mercy (able to loss a match without it counting on the passage card), Start off with a win and next win counts as 2 wins.

Rewards are ToO armor at 5 wins, 6 wins grants you a silver package, 7 wins allow you to buy the weapon the vendor is selling, 8 wins grants you a gold package. Going flawless allows you access to Mercury. This lets you open a special chest that give you a Arc/Solar/Void elemental primary weapon.

The PvP gods tend to normally help scrubbie players on the weekend.

p.s I am unsure of the rewards drops after 5 wins but its something like that :p

You can set your fireteam to open, Friends only or private

That sounds extremely fun and tense. Alt ought I would be scared of just ruining the fun for everyone.

How do you get those trial passages?

So, if I want to join up with someone here I don't need to add them to PSN and do all of that?

Thanks for the help too!

Namikaze1

Yo! I'm doing a full VoG Hard run in 3 hours. If there's anyone who needs the raid clan trophy or wants to help out fellow gaffers get said trophy, sign up. You'll need to join the School of Hawk clan though.

1) me
2) gammacide
3)
4)
5)
6)

That sounds extremely fun and tense. Alt ought I would be scared of just ruining the fun for everyone.

At the end of the day, it's a video game. If the people you're playing with are legitimately getting angry, then those people are douchebags and you shouldn't be playing with them anyway. Plenty of people here are cool and will take you along, give you tips, etc.

I have a couple of disconnected thoughts on this game while thinking about improvements that the TTK might bring for Titans:

1. Ideally, the supers of each class would be paper, rock, scissors. But Titans in PvP suck! Especially defenders because a bladedancer, golden gun (with one of there three shots), titan striker, or warlock bomb can all penetrate the bubble. Heck, a sunsinger can come in and out-melee the Titan in his own bubble. Where is the justice in this?

For the striker super, we have comparatively limited range and only one shot per use at kills which is inferior to the other classes multiple attempts (additional time in the case of bladedancers or sunsingers).

2. So this gets me thinking (hoping): Will Titans new "hammer time" super be the rangy multi-attempt super we need to level the playing field?

3. Will Bungie fix our defender bubble to be somewhat useful in PvP?

4. Will hunters new arrow super be a PvE focused super- I think it is, something about "tethering" enemies makes it sound so.

What you say?

How do you get those trial passages?

So, if I want to join up with someone here I don't need to add them to PSN and do all of that?

Thanks for the help too!
You buy the trial passage from the vendor dude at the reef, its pretty cheap. I am prob missing some other things but that is the gist of things. It can get pretty intense and fun. Check out Unstable's stream this weekend if you have a chance to get a better idea. He is a PvP monster as well! Alot of communication ( or listening to your teammates) and teamwork. You prob need to add them since that make things easier.

Anyways most of the people here are chill, friendly and very helpful. Dont be afraid to ask for help if needed.

Yo! I'm doing a full VoG run in 3 hours. If there's anyone who needs the raid clan trophy or wants to help out fellow gaffers get said trophy, sign up. You'll need to join the School of Hawk clan though.

1) me
2) gammacide
3)
4)
5)
6)
I'm in! We start @ 2100 CET / 3pm ET?
Will join the clan in the meantime.

Edit: VoG hard?

Monster Zero

Yo! I'm doing a full VoG run in 3 hours. If there's anyone who needs the raid clan trophy or wants to help out fellow gaffers get said trophy, sign up. You'll need to join the School of Hawk clan though.

1) me
2) gammacide
3)
4)
5)
6)

I'm down for some VG

Sin_Ghidorah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom