• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyne

Us Titans play with one hand tied to our back since our supers don't compare in PvP. Yeah, I've scored a bunch of "cry havoc" multi kills, but nothing compared to the routine slaughter provided by hunter supers in PvP.

Whatever we lack in super ability we make up in movement speed.

Axoman

Awesome!

I'm warning you though, I'm an average player, but I listen/communicate well.

Up until HoW, I only ever played Destiny PvP for exotic bounties and dreaded crucible. But after HoW, I'm playing more PvP than PvE and really enjoying and trying to get better.

I am not talking about that..I am talking about how Wheaton knows nothing about the game

EeKaPBp.gif

I'd just hate for someone to think the video was pointless because the dude only played a few hours of the game when the actual content of the video is pretty much unmissable.

SgtCobra

That gun is pretty.
Really excited about the weapon factions now, they seem very distinctive and almost give it that exotic appearance (the feel of an exotic huehuehue) with things like their own sounds.
SUROS, Omolon, Häkke, moar pls.

Hopefully TTK's flaming hammer gives us Titans a nice offensive boost.
I imagine it being something like a gunslinger but for shorter ranges which seems fine.

PuMa

I am not talking about that..I am talking about how Wheaton knows nothing about the game but is presenting himself as a fan, even if they are using him just because he is a celebrity, at the very least they could give him better questions.

So you think he's lying about being a fan???

O7Oku2ycSAr1m.gif

The announce of the new LE PS4 Destiny bundle showed the exclusive content for PS owners.

1 Strike (Echo Chamber)
1 Crucible Map (Sector 618)
3 Legendary Gear Sets (Hesperos, Azoth Bend, and Neuroghast)
1 Exotic Scout Rifle (Jade Rabbit)

* Exclusive until at least Autumn 2016

I need to see what this Scout Rifle looks like.

Garryk

I'm the protagonist of a popular series. Throughout most of my childhood, I lived with members of my family who treated me rather poorly. Then one night, everything changed for me. As the years went by, I made many friends, some who would become lifelong friends and family in years to come. But things became rather dire for me soon after that fateful night. I did not know of the dangers that awaited me. But I faced them head on and overcame many of them. One year, I made a terrible mistake. I allowed myself to fall into darkness for a bit. It nearly cost the life of one who would become an acquaintance of sorts many years later. 

I lost many loved ones in this dangerous journey. I also forged many lifelong friendships. I experienced many strange things after that night. Some best left unexplained. 

I nearly had this side antagonist for lunch. Who am I and who did I almost eat?

*****Bonus points for whoever names the series.*****

Harry Potter and Arthur Weasley?

SgtCobra

I'm expecting the long awaited (lol) Warlock exotic boots which lets you fly faster when using that arc super.

I need to see what this Scout Rifle looks like.
All of the PS exclusive stuff can be found here:
https://www.destinythegame.com/taken-king/sony-playstation-exclusives
I think I'm actually one of the only ones who likes it design.

As a scout rifle user in pvp this seems like something I could like if they don't screw it up.
I was right! Fuck yeah! :D

Those are ugly designs! Fuck no! D:
I actually like them :(

Awesome!

I'm warning you though, I'm an average player, but I listen/communicate well.

Up until HoW, I only ever played Destiny PvP for exotic bounties and dreaded crucible. But after HoW, I'm playing more PvP than PvE and really enjoying and trying to get better.

It's fine, I'll play with anyone, not worried about players' skill levels. I don't really take the pvp seriously anyways, just something I do for fun.

I'm the protagonist of a popular series. Throughout most of my childhood, I lived with members of my family who treated me rather poorly. Then one night, everything changed for me. As the years went by, I made many friends, some who would become lifelong friends and family in years to come. But things became rather dire for me soon after that fateful night. I did not know of the dangers that awaited me. But I faced them head on and overcame many of them. One year, I made a terrible mistake. I allowed myself to fall into darkness for a bit. It nearly cost the life of one who would become an acquaintance of sorts many years later. 

I lost many loved ones in this dangerous journey. I also forged many lifelong friendships. I experienced many strange things after that night. Some best left unexplained. 

I nearly had this side antagonist for lunch. Who am I and who did I almost eat?

*****Bonus points for whoever names the series.*****

Cinderella. Definitely Cinderella. At least the first couple of sentences are Cinderella... Then it must turn into some dark TV series where Cinderella gets on drugs and then a ton of weird shit happens after she marries the prince.

nOoblet16

He's been a gamer his whole life. He's not faking anything.

Dude why are you moving goalposts? I am not questioning whether he is a gamer or not.

I am talking about how he knows little about the game but he is presenting himself as a fan which is leading to cringe worthy questions/statements that a regular player won't make.

PuMa

Dude why are you moving goalposts? I am not questioning whether he is a gamer or not.

I am talking about how he knows little about the game but he is presenting himself as a fan which is leading to cringe worthy questions/statements that a regular player won't make.

I'm not moving goalposts. I think that when he says he's a fan of the game, he's actually a fan of the game. Plus he's mentioned in the past that he's played it with his kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom