• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navy Bean

I'm only missing 1 silly gold chest...

The list isn't too bad if you've been playing regularly - expect perhaps Skolas, which I completed once and will never set foot in there again...

hydruxo

New PS4 TTK Bundle

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...the-taken-king-ps4-bundle-out-this-september/

t2WLxpJ.jpg

edit: Snaked by Homeboyd! haha

Damn, best looking LE PS4 I've seen thus far. If I had the extra cash I'd probably buy this.

Arrrammis

"Oh cool, new pop-up on bungies website! New mission? Something to bring me back in to destiny for a few hours?"
YOU HAVE BECOME LEGEND
"... OK. Welp, see you when TK drops."

MrDaravon

As a very recent returning player on PS4 (I played 360 at launch) the Armory page is actually neat, although the fact something like this wasn't already on their site is another thing. The couple of people I play with now on PS4 never stopped so they have all of the perk names and everything memorized which I don't, so this is also helpful for that too.

I'm really surprised everyone hasn't done the golden chests, it only takes a few minutes to get all of them on a planet and even if there's not any great rewards for it I figured everyone would have done them just to get them done as well as not have the constant reminder on the map screen. Since I dropped the 360 version not that long after launch I've never done any Raids or anything, I'll have to hit up people on here at some point for that maybe. I'm up to level 32 or 33 on my Hunter and 31 on my Titan but I don't have any really good stuff, only exotic weapons I have are two Patience and Times and a Plan C :/. Also need to get a decent mic/headset, the one the PS4 comes with works but is garbage.

Kal_El

Nightfall #2 starts now. Then weekly, then change characters, then nightfall then weekly. Join for a good time

PSN Clark_Kent

I do enjoy Bungie Day and think there's some neat stuff in the Armory, but I'm a bit disappointed with the notion of having to check off a long list of accomplishments to get an emblem as part of the "celebration". I don't desire an emblem enough to play Crucible, and it's not a big deal, but it's still a bit of a bummer that this is what they had in store.

It's definitely a bit underwhelming. A new grind isn't exactly a celebration, although I do like the emblem and the idea of it being limited.

Thing is the game already has a bunch of grinds and tracked stats that should reward emblems and shaders, it's so weird to me that they don't (aside from the faction ones).

Luckily all I have to do are the HMs so I think I'll be going after this.

What's grindy about the achievements? Clearing the last story mission of each chapter of the game so far, plus the Heroic version of each endgame arena. I guess 100 Crucible wins and 20 chests could qualify as a grind if you don't have them yet, but 100 wins in the 10 months since launch isn't a crazy goalpost.

Grind? What in the hell? lol

My comment was in reference to the fact that he doesn't play Crucible and therefore has to grind out 100 games if he wants the emblem.

I guess I figured they would just hand out the emblem instead of having a checklist to stuff to finish in order to get it.

Dave_6

I need 4 chests and to take down Skolas :/ I've had no luck finding someone to help me with that so at least I have two months to get it done.

Namikaze1

Gjallarhorn
Xür, Agent of the Nine
Xür, Agent of the Nine, sometimes sells this in the Tower.

Sometimes sells this in the Tower.

Sometimes

Massive lol!

Hung Wei Lo

I need 4 chests and to take down Skolas :/ I've had no luck finding someone to help me with that so at least I have two months to get it done.

I'm in the same boat as you though as a non-PVPer, I don't know how I'm going to get 100 crucible wins - I guess I can play, have my k/d laughed at, and hope my team wins?

I do enjoy Bungie Day and think there's some neat stuff in the Armory, but I'm a bit disappointed with the notion of having to check off a long list of accomplishments to get an emblem as part of the "celebration". I don't desire an emblem enough to play Crucible, and it's not a big deal, but it's still a bit of a bummer that this is what they had in store.

I feel the same way, the past Bungie Days have been great, this is a bit underwhelming. However, like I said before it's just an emblem, so it's not really a big deal to me.

Trakan

Imagine how happy and surprised everyone would be if Bungie day added a questline that eventually led to the Fate of All Fools.

We got an emblem that'll get to us in 3 months.

X-Frame

F me. Now I have to do Skolas.

What modifiers are the easiest to wait for in order to make Skolas as painless as possible? I am a Titan btw.

What who what what why... I turn around and there's another 1,000 posts since reset. Why do you do this to me DGAF? Lol something about emblems... And triumphs....

Gjallarhorn
Xür, Agent of the Nine
Xür, Agent of the Nine, sometimes sells this in the Tower.

Sometimes sells this in the Tower.

Sometimes

Massive lol!

I'm taking this as confirmation that Xur will sell it again. Probably this weekend. Strike that... definitely this weekend. I'm going to hop on and get all my weekly coins just to be sure.

GhaleonEB

It's definitely a bit underwhelming. A new grind isn't exactly a celebration, although I do like the emblem and the idea of it being limited.

Thing is the game already has a bunch of grinds and tracked stats that should reward emblems and shaders, it's so weird to me that they don't (aside from the faction ones).

Luckily all I have to do are the HMs so I think I'll be going after this.
Yeah. In some ways it reminds me of the Red Bull promotion, in that it's a bit out of touch with how people relate to the game. There they took the one thing people want the most - more content - and tied it to a beverage promotion. And here they have added a grind with literal boxes (well, circles) to check off, when the game is constantly critiqued for having too much of a grind. I understand hat they were going for, but personally it's just really unappealing.

Namikaze1

When I was alive, I was a politician, writer, statesman, and a military general. I quickly joined the army after the death of my father. I was forced to flee from my home. That almost led to my death. I am remembered for many things, one being my death. Who am I?

ethomaz

Banned
Just for the lulz.

For almost 8 months the only Exotic not sold by Xur was Thunderlord.

It was more rare than Gjallarhorn :p

Ramirez

My comment was in reference to the fact that he doesn't play Crucible and therefore has to grind out 100 games if he wants the emblem.

I guess I figured they would just hand out the emblem instead of having a checklist to stuff to finish in order to get it.

100 wins since launch is nothing. They leave PVP off the checklist, then someone's gonna get mad that wasn't recognized, they can't please everyone.

And no, they shouldn't just hand it out, I've said this many times, the game needs more stuff like this. This is for a lame emblem, but I would love to see more and more "checklists" added in that unlock cool stuff when you hit milestones in the game. I still don't understand why there are no rewards attached to Grimiore score.

ethomaz

Banned
When I was alive, I was a politician, writer, statesman, and a military general. I quickly joined the army after the death of my father. I was forced to flee from my home. That almost led to my death. I am remembered for many things, one being my death. Who am I?

Namikaze1

Oh god I know this but I really don't need the code.

julius ceasar duh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom