• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so I have to laugh.

My son Josh always wanted to make a clan on the 360 and call it The Galactic Empire. So he asked me about why we have shiny eyes or other stuff (yeah that's you, DJ) on the forum. I said we were "Tooken" by Oryx/Nilla. Inspired, he created a clan called The Tooken on Bungie. net which now includes multiple GAFers.

Sorry he had to see that. I blame Oryx.
nilla

Come on man, don't wimp out! I killed him x3 the last time it was LS + Small Arms.

Not that hard.

It's not about it being hard,I just don't want to bother with that POS anymore. Haven't done a 35 in 4 weeks now.

That said if anyone needs help I'm happy to oblige, but since there are 2 months to complete the triumphs, I honestly don't see a reason to do Skolas this week.

I need one moon chest and I have no idea which it is. Sigh.

I could have sworn I got all the chests. Apparently, I never bothered getting two on the Moon.

I remember all 20 chests locations, they are burned into my memory forever.

You're probably missing the one from the World's Grave story mission, or perhaps even the very first on Patrol - behind the rocks at the intersection of the archer's line and hellmouth.

Anybody want to go through Hardmode Vault of Glass with me and two of my friends? I have a buddy who has tried the Vault 4 times back in Vanilla and always had terrible experiences (people quitting to swap checkpoints, cheesing everything). Would love to show him how brilliant the Vault is with a good group.

So, Vault of Glass, Hard Mode, 8pm EDT:
edit: Playstation 4

1. EpyonMX
2. <friend>
3. <friend>

Anybody want to go through Hardmode Vault of Glass with me and two of my friends? I have a buddy who has tried the Vault 4 times back in Vanilla and always had terrible experiences (people quitting to swap checkpoints, cheesing everything). Would love to show him how brilliant the Vault is with a good group.

1. EpyonMX
2. <friend>
3. <friend>

I can't remember which platform you're on...

Crucible triumph isn't wins. It's unlocked for me and I've only played 86 times.

It counts your whole fireteam's wins haha.

So, if you're playing 6v6 you get 6 wins, 3v3 and you get 3 wins. Or maybe it's just who's close to you idk. But it's just like you get Warlock/Titan/Hunter kills even if you've never played those classes.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Newbie raid will happen this Thursday, somehow or another. The one on the 16th should as well (from the new apartment!). The week after I'll be in Italy.

Also of note, I am lowering the minimum level for Crota's End to 29. While it is very difficult for a 29 to do damage or survive during the final fight, the vast majority of newbies- even first timers- I've run with over the past few weeks have been level 32. When everyone else in the party is 32, carrying a 29 is not only practical but barely any different than carrying a 30, and I don't want to box anyone out on a given week. However, for those interested in running the sword, level 31 is required.

Thursday, 7/9/15 - 9:00PM EST - Vault of Glass - Normal - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

During Crota's End newbie raids, participants are welcome to try out the Sword against Crota if desired, but no one is required to do so. Instructions will follow upon reaching the Crota checkpoint.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 29/31 for running the sword.

You're probably missing the one from the World's Grave story mission, or perhaps even the very first on Patrol - behind the rocks at the intersection of the archer's line and hellmouth.

I was missing the very first one and the Jade Rabbit one, but I didn't actually get Jade Rabbit because I'm certain I got it on my alts. Or maybe because I bought it? Don't remember.

FyreWulff

It counts your whole fireteam's wins haha.

So, if you're playing 6v6 you get 6 wins, 3v3 and you get 3 wins. Or maybe it's just who's close to you idk. But it's just like you get Warlock/Titan/Hunter kills even if you've never played those classes.

It'd be funny if the Trials boon counted

Frenden

Banned

I just ran through them all. I was missing the Temple of Crota one near the center spiral/bridge!

LEGEND GET.

Frenden

Banned
Eat it, PSN.

CJWF9XvUcAADfqq.png:large

Stantron

Headseeker is a must for PvP. I did work in IB with mine while running with Feeding Frenzy, Small Bore, and Headseeker, and I'm not good at all. 2 burst kills everywhere!

If you have Braced Frame then Hidden Hand is way better than Headseeker, you will rarely miss the head. If you don't have Braced Frame Headseeker is good, but I really recommend Braced Frame. Also I can't see the point of Rodeo when you have max stability, but I do hate rerolling for one perk.

My favorite HP is Feeding, Handlaid, and Headseeker. It's a near guaranteed two burst bruiser.

My second HP is Third Eye, Small Bore, and Rangefinder. It's a long range laser.

Welp. I'm gonna farm for a second Hopscotch Pilgrim in my spare time. Seems like there is some nice variety to the builds I want to try without losing my current roll.

I need one moon chest and I have no idea which it is. Sigh.
When you select a planet, it should at least tell you #/5 gold chests found or whatever via text somewhere on the map. You can at least narrow it down that way.

deafmedal

edit: Playstation 4

1. EpyonMX
2. <friend>
3. <friend>
4. deafmedal

Yo.

Starting NF, will probably fail miserably by myself...

edit: why me?!
kIm9Txf.gif

Unstable MADE me do it! He put a gun to my head :(

I could have sworn I got all the chests. Apparently, I never bothered getting two on the Moon.

Same here, thought I had got them all but never got 2 on Mars. Probably got bored with the hunt and forgot.

So after getting them today, I have "become legend". And now have to wait 2 months for the emblem...

Think it'll be an exotic like the Mercury one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom