• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have a 33 Hunter right now but even then I can still help out in any way but maybe not tonight. Tomorrow? Definitely. Also, when you do start that Titan let me know whether it be tomorrow or whenever I want someone to level up next to.

Most definitely. Game is still downloading or something. Tomorrow I want to get my feet wet again since it's been a while. After that, it's time to start the grind for new goodies.

TheRook

I got HoW not too long ago, I'm still 32, I don't know what I should do after completing the story missions.

I want to do prison of elders but I got no one willing to do them with me right now since everyone is doing Crucible.

Is anyone free to do a few runs in the prison?

Styles

So how lucky have I been on a scale of 1 to 10? I bought the game for xbox to start fresh on that console on June 6th. Today, I have all these things.

Ice Breaker
Gjallarhorn
Last Word x 2
Thorn
Bad Juju
Suros Regime
Red Death
No Land Beyond
Universal Remote
Patience and Time
Plan C
Queenbreaker Bow
Truth
Black Hammer
Hunger of Crota
Word of Crota
Praedyth's Timepiece and Revenge
Corrective Measures
Hezen Vengeance
Atheon Epilogue
Vision of Confluence
Oversoul Edict

+ other weapons and a bunch of exotic armor. Has this game changed in terms of reward drops because this seems fucking crazy.

I've played since launch and i still don't have a gjallahorn. But that is probably because i haven't touched any of the raids yet.

Trace

Banned
K well I know I was saying i was looking for a HM Gorgons chest, and I got one. So I'm giving it away atm if anyone wants it.

Trakan

So how lucky have I been on a scale of 1 to 10? I bought the game for xbox to start fresh on that console on June 6th. Today, I have all these things.

Ice Breaker
Gjallarhorn
Last Word x 2
Thorn
Bad Juju
Suros Regime
Red Death
No Land Beyond
Universal Remote
Patience and Time
Plan C
Queenbreaker Bow
Truth
Black Hammer
Hunger of Crota
Word of Crota
Praedyth's Timepiece and Revenge
Corrective Measures
Hezen Vengeance
Atheon Epilogue
Vision of Confluence
Oversoul Edict

+ other weapons and a bunch of exotic armor. Has this game changed in terms of reward drops because this seems fucking crazy.

I'd say that's 10/10 luck right there. I've never even seen a Timepiece drop. I've done a shit ton of raids. It took me doing raids 3x a week for like 4-5 months to even get an Epilogue.

Trace

Banned
How much chances of dropping "The 4th Horseman" ?
or it can archive from some exotic bounty which i don't know.

It can drop from anything that can drop TDB or HoW exotics. So basically it can drop from anything that drops exotics except for Vault of Glass.

I got HoW not too long ago, I'm still 32, I don't know what I should do after completing the story missions.

I want to do prison of elders but I got no one willing to do them with me right now since everyone is doing Crucible.

Is anyone free to do a few runs in the prison?
Perhaps in a little bit. Don't mind running it with you. Just depends on my friend if he heads home soon or not. Feel free to add me on PSN(?) it's the same as my gaf name.

ocean

Banned
How much chances of dropping "The 4th Horseman" ?
or it can archive from some exotic bounty which i don't know.
It's a Playststion exclusive until September. Once Xbox users can have it Xur might sell it.

In the meantime, your best bets are Deathsinger+Crota. The CE drop rate is heavily weighted for TDB drops (No Land Beyond, Dragon's Breath, 4th Horseman).

hhnnggghhh

joseph-cross-jc-vor-1.jpg

joseph-cross-jcross-6-sml.jpg

https://www.artstation.com/artist/josephacross

ocean

Banned
Trying to get an alt to level 20 and I just realized strikes don't have xp rewards. Still managed to level up during it though.

When will I learn
You get XP for the enemies you kill during Strikes. Crucible feeds XP more quickly though.

If you're low level though make sure you get bounties done. XP and reputation progression without bounties is ridiculous.

A single "Kill ____ on Heroic" bounty takes a few minutes and will give you the same rep as like 5 low level Strike playlist runs.

GhaleonEB

Trying to get an alt to level 20 and I just realized strikes don't have xp rewards. Still managed to level up during it though.

When will I learn

Pretty sure the playlist strikes do, though maybe not at the lower levels. ROC and Dragon have quite a bit (I want to say around 2500), Nightfall and Heroic even more. I level a lot of gear running Dragon strikes.
K well I know I was saying i was looking for a HM Gorgons chest, and I got one. So I'm giving it away atm if anyone wants it.

Still there? I'd like to pop in on my daughters characters.

Radiance kind of sucks when you have 0 discipline haha

Played a couple PvP matched and completed a couple bounties. Level 8 now. Hopefully by Friday I can get to 20. Tomorrow, will ask for some help to plough through a few stories again :p

taimoorh

Going through the trial on Xbone right now. Think I'll get the Taken King Legendary edition (which includes EVERYTHING!).

Quick question regarding raids, how does loot drop work? Is there a raid leader who assigns the drop, or everyone rolls dice (or some equivalent of it) or does the game automatically drop loot to each player?

Yup and until you get heart of praxic fire it still doesn't feel right.

It's terribad. I just use it as a melee machine if I'm not running 90+% Dis.

Man I had a pretty good roll on my 2nd Praxic. 168 I think.

Little by little I'm getting there. It took all my energy to get through 6 patrol missions today. Especially running into Wolves every area and they're Level ?? Haha. I've been getting green guns/gear now instead of white. And some I can use and some I have to wait until higher levels. I do miss this part of the game.

I've always enjoyed levelling up and I don't really care for their Light level system.

This brought me back to day 1 when I unlocked Sunsinger, I thought it was so cool with the solar grenade and all. Then I got radiance and I was like uhh ok? And immediately switched back to void Walker.

ich00

So 3 nightfalls in the bag, had some trouble starting out but smooth sailing after that. And for the 2nd time in I think 3 or 4 weeks someone got their 1st Gjallarhorn (and in this case 2nd!) running the nightfall with me. Congrats Grayfour!

CJXrvjWWwAAgrcs.jpg

CJXrrWFWwAAyhcl.jpg

Lunar FC

So 3 nightfalls in the bag, had some trouble starting out but smooth sailing after that. And for the 2nd time in I think 3 or 4 weeks someone got their 1st Gjallarhorn (and in this case 2nd!) running the nightfall with me. Congrats Grayfour!

Hah, must be crazy to finally get one and then get another right after.

belmakor

I am doing the thorn bounty and have a void damage shotgun... i am sorry. I don't think I will be able to aim properly in crucible by the end of this bounty.

Been a long time since I did that bounty, but the quickest way to get it done was void damage heavy machine guns, iirc. Especially high impact / low rate of fire ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom