• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
I never said it was good. But you know one quote of him and call him arrogant right away.
I mean i dont know you and i can say you are arrogant also because of that post. But he there is more to man then one quote.

He said that a guy in not a really serious way (like alot of those comments on the internet) to a guy who was trolling the whole stream. Still he apologized afterwards that maybe some people tought he was serious

Funny is how i made the post showing how great the community in Destiny is and then this happens when people start calling other people arrogant. Shame.
Yeah it's like if a streamer calls someone an idiot "omg how can you support this guy he's such an ass".

Your buddy on party chat calls someone an idiot. "Lol"

I don't get how people can really be so sensible about these things. Like I get not enjoying a stream for a million reasons, but people hold streamers and celebrities in general to ridiculous standards in terms of what speech they find acceptable.

In my book, anything that a friend says that wouldn't have raised an eyebrow won't bother me if some stranger says it.

Omni

In my book, anything that a friend says that wouldn't have raised an eyebrow won't bother me if some stranger says it.

Well to be fair, if any of my friends told someone to kill themselves I wouldn't like it either. And I certainly wouldn't be defending them.

Nothing wrong with a bit of trash talk. But at least IMO, there are certain lines you shouldn't cross. //shrug.

Gordon

Oh. My. God.

Ill Will.

I wanted it when they datamined the update before the expansion for it's colour, shape, and impact. I decided to jump into crucible and eat shit until I got one today. Handful of games later it dropped. First drop I saw too, other than ToO coins. ONE re-roll and it now has Truesight/Luck In The Chamber/Speed Reload/Final Round :D

ocean

Banned
Well to be fair, if any of my friends told someone to kill themselves I wouldn't like it either. And I certainly wouldn't be defending them.

Nothing wrong with a bit of trash talk. But at least IMO, there are certain lines you shouldn't cross. //shrug.
I saw a video the other day of some guy who's apparently a top player losing badly in Trials. His comments were truly ugly stuff - "I'm getting shot through walls by these Down syndrome kids" and stuff like that.

I'd totally stop a friend before he finished a rant that started off like that. Some things are just not cool In my opinion.

I guess we all have a line and it's gonna be a personal thing what comments will cross that line or not.

ocean

Banned
Oh. My. God.

Ill Will.

I wanted it when they datamined the update before the expansion for it's colour, shape, and impact. I decided to jump into crucible and eat shit until I got one today. Handful of games later it dropped. First drop I saw too, other than ToO coins. ONE re-roll and it now has Truesight/Luck In The Chamber/Speed Reload/Final Round :D

It's not my preferred type of gun because it fires so slow and requires the same 3 hits to kill as faster firing HCs, but I had a lot of fun with it the other day. Took it to Iron Banner and I could consistently 2 shot Hunters if they were level 33 or below, it was beautiful :p

TP-DK

Has is been confirmed that the pilgrim only drops in dragon strikes? I really want one but im not sure I can get myself to grind strikes again.

Gordon

It's not my preferred type of gun because it fires so slow and requires the same 3 hits to kill as faster firing HCs, but I had a lot of fun with it the other day. Took it to Iron Banner and I could consistently 2 shot Hunters if they were level 33 or below, it was beautiful :p
With LiTC and Final Round it should be pretty useful. I'm more PVE oriented, so I'm really enjoying cutting down majors in like 3 shots, and I haven't even got the perks unlocked yet lol

The double damage buff means 1/7 chance of a 1SK on my final shot in crucible tho right?

ocean

Banned
With LiTC and Final Round it should be pretty useful. I'm more PVE oriented, so I'm really enjoying cutting down majors in like 3 shots, and I haven't even got he perks unlocked yet lol

The double damage buff means 1/7 chance of a 1SK on my final shot in crucible tho right?

Those perks each increase damage by 33%. High impact HCs crit for 94-95, meaning that even if you got LitC and FR to proc together you'll still need a second shot. Only Hawkmoon can one-shot, and it requires all 3 of its perks to proc together (less than 1/1,000 chance of happening, but 94*1.33*1.33*1.33=beauty).

More useful is to consider that each magazine holds exactly enough ammo for two 2-shot kills and a regular 3-shot kill in an ideal scenario that assumes you don't miss or hit the body.

Gosh, second double-post in minutes. Backing off for a while :p

Ya it drops in poe 28 in lkttle chests as well as dragon strikes im actually after it as well along with Her Benevolence.

Anyone down for a 32 or 34 PoE?

Gordon

Those perks each increase damage by 33%. High impact HCs crit for 94-95, meaning that even if you got LitC and FR to proc together you'll still need a second shot. Only Hawkmoon can one-shot, and it requires all 3 of its perks to proc together (less than 1/1,000 chance of happening, but 94*1.33*1.33*1.33=beauty).

More useful is to consider that each magazine holds exactly enough ammo for two 2-shot kills and a regular 3-shot kill in an ideal scenario that assumes you don't miss or hit the body.

Gosh, second double-post in minutes. Backing off for a while :p
I guess I'll have to wait for the PS exclusives to unlock before I can 1SK anybody lol 2x 2SK is pretty decent though. I can live with that lol

Got 15 grimoire from the PoE28 Cabal boss, which I surely killed already. Oh well, I'll take it.

Back to strike grinding for the Hopscotch. If anyine wants to team up, join on me or Ikkarus.

Theorry

I guess I'll have to wait for the PS exclusives to unlock before I can 1SK anybody lol 2x 2SK is pretty decent though. I can live with that lol

Should roll a Red Hand with smallbore, luck in the chamber and Final round. Its a baby hawkmoon with crazy aim assist. :p
Used it in the Iron Banner. Quite fun to outshoot and Thorn and it feelss great also when you do good with a other gun like Thorn or LW.

ocean

Banned
Should roll a Red Hand with smallbore, luck in the chamber and Final round. Its a baby hawkmoon with crazy aim assist. :p
Used it in the Iron Banner. Quite fun to outshoot and Thorn and it feelss great also when you do good with a other gun like Thorn or LW.
I'm preparing myself for the inevitable exotic HC nerd by using the legendaries. I love the Jewel (I play a lot better with Third Eye) but Red Hand IX with this roll is super fun. Those are the only legendary primaries I use in Crucible.

Just got a Violator XII from a package, I'm not much of a Sniper regularly but this gun looks sweet so I wanna give it a spin. Is there a specific roll I should be going for? I haven't kept up on the non-Lash sniper rolls.

Unstable

Didn't he tell someone to kill themselves a while back?

Eh. No time for some of those streamers. Extremely arrogant.

If you listen to some of my comments I make during heated PvP, you'd think I was an asshole.

Which to be fair I am an asshole.

If you listened to what I said during heated PvP that were edited out of context, you'd think I was a horrible Human being.

Not to defend Triple here (as I don't know the details of what happened) but I think it's incredibly unfair to judge someone on the internet based on one comment. He could've been having really bad day and lashed out. Think of something you've said during your life that you'd never want to repeat. Comments on the internet will last forever, but people make mistakes and change.

Skele7on

Banned
Oh. My. God.

Ill Will.

Ill Will sucks IMO, sure it's a nice fauxmoon that if rolled with smallbore is pretty effective but I just much prefer the sights and hidden assist aim that comes with hawkmoon.

Have fun with it though.

Didn't he tell someone to kill themselves a while back?

Eh. No time for some of those streamers. Extremely arrogant.

As someone who has played with him and speaks to him fairly regularly you're talking trash on all counts, he's never done the "kill yourself thing" and also is a really down to earth guy.

The types of sweaties us at Invigorate and he streams are heated and often very close/competitive so some heated talking is always expected.

noomi

Good Morning DGaf!

4 golden chests remain, 2 on Venus and 2 on the moon.... I guess I'll have to find them all since I don't remember which specific ones I haven't found yet.

Waldini

Good Morning DGaf!

4 golden chests remain, 2 on Venus and 2 on the moon.... I guess I'll have to find them all since I don't remember which specific ones I haven't found yet.

Remember to search for the chest backwards. That way, you'll give yourself the impression you are playing on a total new map!

noomi

If you listen to some of my comments I make during heated PvP, you'd think I was an asshole.

Which to be fair I am an asshole.

If you listened to what I said during heated PvP that were edited out of context, you'd think I was a horrible Human being.

Not to defend Triple here (as I don't know the details of what happened) but I think it's incredibly unfair to judge someone on the internet based on one comment. He could've been having really bad day and lashed out. Think of something you've said during your life that you'd never want to repeat. Comments on the internet will last forever, but people make mistakes and change.

We all have our moments, especially in PvP/Trials. When it comes down to the last win, or 4v4 matches things can easily get heated.

Remember to search for the chest backwards. That way, you'll give yourself the impression you are playing on a total new map!

Hah, well I should be able to knock them out tonight and be done with it.

I know I've said horrendous things out of frustration, fear, hurt, righteous indignation, et cetera, and not just to random people over the internet, but to the people I love the most. I've been called out on it here on GAF and I think people should be held accountable for what they say, but we should also be tolerant enough to allow them to redeem themselves, forgive them, and move on.

I don't think it unreasonable to hold people who put themselves in the public eye to a higher standard than just any person on the street, because they have a wider range of influence through their viewership. For instance, if a streamer is regularly calling people "faggots", there are impressionable people watching that are going to either start emulating or be validated in using the offensive term.

Deku Tree

this is nuts. sepiks burns so fast this week. killed in < 10s

u4lKxmp.gif

We need more weeklies with Burns plz.

SeanR1221

Damn, I still can't believe I got the Fatebringer and Found Verdict last night. I told my buddy going into the nightfall and glass all I want is either a Fatebringer, FV, or gally and I got 2/3

19 strange coins and 1x Etheric light from this weeks night falls. Thank god for the XP bonus to make it worthwhile and that the strike is actually fun!

nOoblet16

It depends on what kind if friendship you have. Between me and my friends anything goes, and it doesn't matter what we say. I'm Indian, some are Arab, some are Whites...so there's some casual rasist remakes involved including, there's sone self mockery, there's some stuff about body shapes/features and even sexuality. We understand that these are sensitive topics but we also understand that the reason why they hurt someone is because of the intent and the contempt behind them when used by someone...amongst us this malicious intent and contempt does not exist so they are just words, thrown around with a completely opposite intent.

In short, it depends on what kind of friendship you have. Between me and my friends if someone tells me go shove a bag of dicks up my arse and kill myself....I'd only laugh at the stupidity of that comment.

You know in my native language there is a remark that someone makes when you fail a simple task and it goes something like "take a bit of water in your hand and drown yourself to death in it". Out of context it sounds weird but with context it's just words. I'm not sayinf he did but perhaps triple went like "man you had one simple job and you failed to do that, just go kill yourself"....that is nothing unusual and it doesn't say anything. If you take offence to something like that then you are the one who is thinking out of the ordinary.

todd360

Hey just wanted to say it's awesome that you were able to help Jason & Kirk get to Mercury. They seem like really nice guys, and I'm glad they've discovered how rad this community is.

Now I just want my Kirk Hamilton long form editorial about it.

Soony

GutZ31

We need more weeklies with Burns plz.

You should have seen me kill Taniks with Fourth Horsemen.

With just me shooting, it lasts maybe 30 seconds(mostly from reloading the thing).

If everyone uses Fourth Horsemen, he would be down before even firing his first shot.

nOoblet16

With just me shooting, it lasts maybe 30 seconds(mostly from reloading the thing).

If everyone uses Fourth Horsemen, he would be down before even firing his first shot.
Me and a friend, the two of us took him down in less than 10 seconds with 2 medium impact LDR level snipers. You could do even faster than that if you have Weapons of Light.

GhaleonEB

Me and a friend, the two of us took him down in less than 10 seconds with 2 medium impact LDR level snipers. You could do even faster than that if you have Weapons of Light.

That's how he went in my three Nightfalls. Three people with snipers doing ~20k damage per shot. A couple clips and he was dead.

Deku Tree

It feels cheap that Taniks goes immune after certain health bar percentages before the final room though. I could have killed that dude with my Plan C at the start of the strike otherwise.

oneils

Had no idea how in-demand hopscotch pilgrim is. I got it a couple of days ago. Its awesome.

In my post the other day I said I got it during a level 28 Poe run, but now I'm sure it was during the shadow thief strike - if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom