• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apt101

It's getting bad when I see a guy shotgun two people, he gets shotgunned in the back, I shotgun that person in the back, and someone then shotguns me. Shotgun fever. Fucking shotgun pro quo.

ocean

Banned
I share your pain. Have been around and about 5/500 for a month now. :-(
It's a lot easier if you happen to be working on the bounty as a Warlock, since they have great PvP grenades and super that count as Void kills.

That, coupled with a nice avoid shotgun and heavy weapon and it shouldn't be too hard. Just play safe. Like if you see an enemy, don't automatically decide to engage. That's the biggest problem I see with people playing. They see an enemy and decide to engage no matter what.

It's important to use your radar and know when it's smarter to retreat. Control works well for this bounty since you have a pretty good idea of where the enemies are and where they'll be coming from.

No. I absolutely refuse. Shotguns can go to hell. PvP-wise anyway.

I honestly don't remember that. They had MORE range?
They did at one time have more range but you couldn't reroll them into the fucking beasts they are now, so you wouldn't come across a shotgun with ridiculous range all that often....except for Found Verdict. Found Verdict used to be the devil and everyone's go to. But now everyone can have an S tier shotgun so it's worse now than ever. Granted I rarely get killed by shotguns. Maybe 2 times per match. Most of my deaths come from Thorn or Red Death.
It's a lot easier if you happen to be working on the bounty as a Warlock, since they have great PvP grenades and super that count as Void kills.

That, coupled with a nice avoid shotgun and heavy weapon and it shouldn't be too hard. Just play safe. Like if you see an enemy, don't automatically decide to engage. That's the biggest problem I see with people playing. They see an enemy and decide to engage no matter what.

It's important to use your radar and know when it's smarter to retreat. Control works well for this bounty since you have a pretty good idea of where the enemies are and where they'll be coming from.
Yeah, all of this. I actually just did this part of the Thorn bounty earlier. Took me about an hour and 10 min or something. I'm gonna try to do it with my titan and hunter tomorrow.

FyreWulff

giphy.gif

ocean

Banned
Wha, what? And how?
there's two ways you can cheese with Rumble:

1. Start a 3-man Fireteam and go Rumble. There will be 3 other players you need to take care of, but your buddies telling you where they are so you can go Void kill them makes this bounty fly I guess.

2. Start a 6-player party chat. Group into 2 Fireteams. Make the leader of each Foreteam the two people geographically closest to each other. Have both these leaders select Rumble at the same time and hope that the two teams get matched against each other. Could take a few tries. I saw a top-tier Clan do this last week so they could practice (Nghtly, Cat, Chris, Legend, Matty rumbling showed me I don't know how to play this game :p) and immediately thought about the Thorn bounty being easily abused :p

But honestly these cheesy methods really shouldn't be necessary. Just play it safe and you'll get it done :)

Looked at my trophy list.
Hmmm... Guardian Lord is actually obtainable if I put some work into it.
After I get home from vacation that is. ^_^

I will call on my School of Hawk brehs to help me out with:

- Raiding Party
- Flawless Raider (Crota NM seems the easiest way, right?)
- Strength of the Pack

Meffer

So I was checking out the Armory on Bungie's site and one of the ways of getting Hawkmoon was through Xur. Which is odd. I guess it'll be in rotation after its not an PS exclusive in September.

I don't get why more people don't complain about Trip Mines and Lightning Grenades in Crucible. Honestly those and Blink are the only things that make me rage anymore. Trip Mines should kill the user (like literally go off when you pass them) and give points to the other team when they destroy them.

Apt101

Are radiant shards of any use?

This cryptographic shader looks so dope on my warlock. I have finally found a replacement for my golden regalia.

This cryptographic shader looks so dope on my warlock. I have finally found a replacement for my golden regalia.

Radiant shards are exclusively to level up Crotas End armor. If nothing to upgrade then turn thrm into glimmer at the speaker.

Out 1

Thanks a lot mate, the addiction is strong in me , being away on holiday and I still want to play lol

you were playing over remote? some good connection.

nightfall haul: scuba diver helmet, vanguard machine gun and coins. yesterday's nightfall gave me the helmet as well.

Trying to get an alt to level 20 and I just realized strikes don't have xp rewards. Still managed to level up during it though.

When will I learn

Patrol Missions are your friend. 250xp for normal ones and 500xp for kill the target.

Combine that with doing bounties at the same time = WIN.

Also I believe PVP gives you 2500xp each time even if you lose.

Good luck.

ocean

Banned
I don't get why more people don't complain about Trip Mines and Lightning Grenades in Crucible. Honestly those and Blink are the only things that make me rage anymore. Trip Mines should kill the user (like literally go off when you pass them) and give points to the other team when they destroy them.
Lightning grenades take more than one tick to kill. A good player will chuck them at the roof above you or the wall behind you, but you can escape if you pay attention.

Too many people get hit once and just stick around to be killed when the second pulse comes.

As for trip mines, they used to be pretty much a guaranteed kill but nowadays people rock full armor. They do 194 damage if I recall correctly. Hunters with a full armor build have 198 HP, while Warlocks can go to 202 and Titans to 203. Full-armor builds will let you survive a tripmine with your very last sliver of health. Back when agility was all the rage (meta has changed so much) tripmines would always kill.
In the rare case the Tripmine actually sticks to your body though you're so dead :p

I cannot speak for everyone, but having come from the COD side of things, Destiny handles IED type weapons much better by making them very visible and destructible. I think I have been killed by trip mines maybe 5 or 6 times total the last 10 months of Destiny. But it is possible that COD just trained me to look out for and destroy them more than Halo did for that side of our community.

ocean

Banned

Any Crota's End gear you haven't maxed will require Radiant Energy/Shards. If you have it all maxed or don't care about maxing it, it's a glimmer stash for an emergency.

I blew over 100 radiants this weekend Iron Banner shopping.

Because neither one is all that bad? I dunno. Just my opinion of course.

Give points to the other team though? Nah.

Axion bolt on the other hand...

riotfig

Neo Member

It's painful doing it especially death resets some number as I'm not primarily a PvP player. Spent two hours doing it daily and yet it's only 5/500 for a month now.

Thanks for the guide. I may need to create my own 'private matches' moving forward. :->

ocean

Banned
Didn't he tell someone to kill themselves a while back?

Eh. No time for some of those streamers. Extremely arrogant.
I think there's a strong tendency for people to hang on to comments made by streamers when I really don't see them as a big deal. I don't follow this guy but I've seen a couple of his matches.

I mean if you're playing in a nice, light-hearted GAF Crucible train you'll eventually hear someone say something which sounds insulting but it's just part of the game. If during a match I say "ah this fucking idiot" and someone listening goes on to say I'm arrogant and flaunting my superiority I'd be totally surprised.

From what little I've seen of his play he seems like a cool guy.

bitsurugi

Didn't he tell someone to kill themselves a while back?

Eh. No time for some of those streamers. Extremely arrogant.

Can't comment on TrippleW, since i rarely watch him, but mostly i have heard good stuff from him, kinda humble guy they say.

I prefer streams with less then 100 ppl on it.

Watched TrippleW one day and it's EXTREMELY annoying when you read 100 times the same comment like ''Goth radining, OMG'', or LOL in a few seconds, since all the kids who follow him write the same stupid stuff in chat and you can't really manage the flow when 3000 ppl is in chat at the same time.

Love 13 devils streams, Unstable's and lately even more when Tears or Kadey stream (Kadey's music is top btw!), since it's usually a few Gaffers in chat and it feels like being in the party and they always comment back on the stuff you write. Plus, trials are WAAAAY more intense to watch then the usual steamrolls with god tier ppl.

For example:
on one hand i am always rooting for Unstable & Wicked/Drizz and the random carry guy, since i want the random carry guy to get Mercury.... BUT, on the other hand, 5-0 steamrolls are REALLY boring and i am rooting for them to get at least a decent team, so it's at least a mildly interesting match.

With non god tier pvpers, trials are always fun, sure steamrolls do happen, but you can never tell how the game will evolve in advance, with god tier ppl i can most likely predict a boring steamroll after a few seconds they inspect the opposition.

But at least the chat in GAF streamers are always fun, that's why i follow most, if not all, our members and not TrippleWreck and other ''popular'' channels.

Omni

Finished that emblem thing. Apparently I didn't have any of the golden chests on Mars. //shrug
Yeah focus on one quote in all those hours he streamed wich is taking out of context, and he also apologized for.
I don't watch his streams because I don't like those big streamers. Never will. Regardless, there's no excuse to tell your viewers to kill themselves. Even once.

I am curious to see how you would contextualise the comment and make it a good thing, though. So go ahead.

Theorry

Finished that emblem thing. Apparently I didn't have any of the golden chests on Mars. //shrug
I don't watch his streams because I don't like those big streamers. Never will. Regardless, there's no excuse to tell your viewers to kill themselves. Even once.

I am curious to see how you would contextualise the comment and make it a good thing, though. So go ahead.

I never said it was good. But you know one quote of him and call him arrogant right away.
I mean i dont know you and i can say you are arrogant also because of that post. But he there is more to man then one quote.

He said that a guy in not a really serious way (like alot of those comments on the internet) to a guy who was trolling the whole stream. Still he apologized afterwards that maybe some people tought he was serious

Funny is how i made the post showing how great the community in Destiny is and then this happens when people start calling other people arrogant. Shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom