• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

we have a group of four looking for one more to help run through Hard Atheon the fast way tonight in a few hours, what'cha doin'? :D

(Crota can be done with 3 players, Vault takes 5 on Hard modes)

I won't be home for another 7 hours or so, but if you see me online shoot me an invite.

Ice Breaker's aim assistance got nerfed during Bungie's last AA nerf round.

I saw you mentioned something about this yesterday, was there a secret nerf or something? I don't remember downloading any updates recently....

You should still grind hard Crota for a Word of Crota. Such a better void primary than Epilogue.

Speaking of which, does anyone have a checkpoint for hard Deathsinger or Crota?

Hey man, sorry about not grabbing that checkpoint for you guys last night. We got through the whole thing in like 30 minutes and I just completely forgot about it :(

Arrrammis

Question: I got my first heavy weapon last night. I see it listed in my HUD but there is no ammo associated with it? Do I have to buy that from an vendor?

Also how do I switch to it triangle?
Hold triangle to equip your heavy weapon. You can buy heavy ammo synthesis from the gunsmith if you want, but heavy ammo appears just like primary and special ammo, just not as common.

CREMSteve

Question: I got my first heavy weapon last night. I see it listed in my HUD but there is no ammo associated with it? Do I have to buy that from an vendor?

Hold triangle. Heavy ammo can be picked up from enemies or bought. It's purple.

purg3

slept with Malkin

Hold Triangle to equip, yes.

You need purple ammo drops for heavy weapons. If in PvE, you can use a heavy ammo synth.

edit: beaten

Heavy weapon will usually spawn without any ammo, you can find heavy ammo drops while playing, they are purple and bigger than normal/special ammo bricks.

You can equip your heavy weapon from your inventory, if it was your first it should have automatically been placed in the empty heavy slot. Hold Triangle and you will switch to it.

Huh, I didn't know Shadow of Veils could shoot through revive shields. The impact looked kinda low. Gonna have to start using it in PvP.

Yup, plus higher aim assist than LDR/HB. Not that you need it :p

ocean

Banned

You hold triangle for Heavy Weapon. Ammo for it is more scarce, but if you see gray Ickes on the ground they're Primary ammo. Green blocks are special ammo. Purple blocks are Heavy ammo.

You can buy Heavy Ammo Synthesis from the Gunsmith at the tower, at 950 glimmer per pack. Each pack gives you a full magazine of ammo. It can also be bought at the rate of 5 heavy ammo synthesis for 1 Strange Coin with a special vendor who shows up on weekends. I would recommend you not spend too much glimmer on synth and just wait until you progress in the game. Eventually strange coins will pile up for you and you'll be able to buy your packs for cheap from Xur on weekends, make a stash of them.

Namikaze1

Lol! Fucking lol! I ended up being paired with two members of a clan and we faced a full clan in skirmish.

We fucked them up so bad they left once we grabbed both heavies. This clan had two with the Osiris exotic emblem.

Score was 1800 to like 500 when they raged quit.

phen0m24

Huh, I didn't know Shadow of Veils could shoot through revive shields. The impact looked kinda low. Gonna have to start using it in PvP.

Hey! I need to ask for a favor. :) If you do a VoG and do your solo GK thing, could you would you won't you please save a video of it? I would like to show future GAF. :)

That and you need an XBone. :p

SnakeEyes

Banned
Anyone taken the time to watch this yet?

Conversations with Creators with Wil Wheaton: Episode 01 - Bungie

Recommended strategies for Skolas? Best way to get him down before the mines. Possible I assume.
As far as I'm aware, you can't beat him before the Mines anymore without the burns, since the mine sequence beings at approx. half health. You have to take your time in doing it, but it's easier now since you can kill off all the Adds and then concentrate on Skolas.

Recommended strategies for Skolas? Best way to get him down before the mines. Possible I assume.

If you have 3 people with Gjallahorns, 2 titans for weapons and shield, with orb spawning bubbles you can burn him to essence phase without using rockets. Then pop both bubbles and burn him with 7 rockets each, then all synth and continue with another 21 rockets. That'll do it. You might be able to do it with 1 Titan, but it's harder.

Owensboro

Is there a good website that breaks down each Raid encounter? I've done them all, but didn't fully grasp a lot of the second to last and last fight of Crota.

Also, How does the whole Gorgon Chest checkpoint trading thing work? I've realized it's stupid to not get three chances at an exotic each week, but have no idea how to get the checkpoint from other people / give the checkpoint to other people.

Hey! I need to ask for a favor. :) If you do a VoG and do your solo GK thing, could you would you won't you please save a video of it? I would like to show future GAF. :)

I'm sure there are plenty of videos on YT for that. It depends on the difficulty and class.

Hunter with Nighthawk = 1 shot even on hard.
2 Ghorn rockets will kill GK on hard.
6 shots from IB or Black hammer will kill GK on hard.
Shotgun to the face works well if you're feeling risky.
You can also solo it with NLB like I did during the NLB run :p

noomi

Is there a good website that breaks down each Raid encounter? I've done them all, but didn't fully grasp a lot of the second to last and last fight of Crota.

Also, How does the whole Gorgon Chest checkpoint trading thing work? I've realized it's stupid to not get three chances at an exotic each week, but have no idea how to get the checkpoint from other people / give the checkpoint to other people.

You save the checkpoint by beating the templar, and going into the gorgon cave. If you leave the raid, then the next time you load VoG it will put you in the same spot. Then people can just join on you and get the chest.

Admodieus

One of my friends had 4 Dragon's Breath's drop for him last night. Two on Nightfall, 1 on Deathsinger, 1 on Crota himself. By the 4th one we were cracking up over it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

There are lots of videos on youtube, but it's relatively simple.

Ir Yut requires you to lure out the two wizards from each side of the room, and killing them lets you get access to the seekers. Killing the seekers will drop the barriers on both sides, and then you have to run in and kill Ir Yut. This whole stage is run under a timer, which becomes evident when you see the message at the bottom that says the Deathsinger is starting its song. If you run out of time, you automatically fail. However, in the last 30 seconds of the timer, you deal extra damage to the Deathsinger. One thing to note is that the encounter doesn't end until you get the drops, which only happens when you kill the knights that are still on the map when you finish the Deathsinger.

Crota basically requires you to kill the swordbearer, then drop Crota's shields with standard weapon fire (typically Gjallarhorn), then the person with the sword attacks Crota.
On Hard, you cannot heal during this encounter unless you have a helmet with Infusion. Also, Crota will automatically enrage when he dips below 10% of his health bar or so. There is also a gatekeeper that spawns on the bottom, but it's something you don't need to worry about. Also, killing the two knights in the towers above Crota will spawn a wizard. But if you are 34, this whole encounter becomes trivial and the extra wizard doesn't really matter.
On Normal, there will be a chalice that spawns in the middle of the map that you can use to heal and Crota only enrages after some amount of time (10 minutes iirc) passes.

When you die in a raid, a checkpoint is saved at the current segment of the raid that you are in. So once you are at the Gorgon chest, you can die and save that checkpoint on your character. Then you get someone to load into your checkpoint and stay there while you switch characters.

phen0m24

I'm sure there are plenty of videos on YT for that. It depends on the difficulty and class.

Hunter with Nighthawk = 1 shot even on hard.
2 Ghorn rockets will kill GK on hard.
6 shots from IB or Black hammer will kill GK on hard.
Shotgun to the face works well if you're feeling risky.
You can also solo it with NLB like I did during the NLB run :p

Thanks DJ

But but but... Fig
Fig is fun
Fig yells at me
funnier when she yells at Nami though
Fig has cool capes
A Fig video would not be kicked off by dubstep

;)

nOoblet16

After weeks of not playing it,I want to play PoE now to get the shadow of veils. Can I just get it from playing lower level stuff and opening chests?

Namikaze1

Yes yes! It's what I always wanted, Rahool! Another No Land Beyond!

/s
After weeks of not playing it,I want to play PoE now to get the shadow of veils. Can I just get it from playing lower level stuff and opening chests?
You must take a chance with Judgment Roll. Or wait for Variks to sell it.

noomi

I think the only way you can get it is from judgements chance or when Variks sells it right now :|

I still need it as well.

I kind of want to do Skolas... but then I remember that it's lightswitch... so fuck that

Owensboro

You save the checkpoint by beating the templar, and going into the gorgon cave. If you leave the raid, then the next time you load VoG it will put you in the same spot. Then people can just join on you and get the chest.

There are lots of videos on youtube, but it's relatively simple.

Ir Yut requires you to lure out the two wizards from each side of the room, and killing them lets you get access to the seekers. Killing the seekers will drop the barriers on both sides, and then you have to run in and kill Ir Yut. This whole stage is run under a timer, which becomes evident when you see the message at the bottom that says the Deathsinger is starting its song. If you run out of time, you automatically fail. However, in the last 30 seconds of the timer, you deal extra damage to the Deathsinger. One thing to note is that the encounter doesn't end until you get the drops, which only happens when you kill the knights that are still on the map when you finish the Deathsinger.

Crota basically requires you to kill the swordbearer, then drop Crota's shields with standard weapon fire (typically Gjallarhorn), then the person with the sword attacks Crota.
On Hard, you cannot heal during this encounter unless you have a helmet with Infusion. Also, Crota will automatically enrage when he dips below 10% of his health bar or so. There is also a gatekeeper that spawns on the bottom, but it's something you don't need to worry about. Also, killing the two knights in the towers above Crota will spawn a wizard. But if you are 34, this whole encounter becomes trivial and the extra wizard doesn't really matter.
On Normal, there will be a chalice that spawns in the middle of the map that you can use to heal and Crota only enrages after some amount of time (10 minutes iirc) passes.

When you die in a raid, a checkpoint is saved at the current segment of the raid that you are in. So once you are at the Gorgon chest, you can die and save that checkpoint on your character. Then you get someone to load into your checkpoint and stay there while you switch characters.

Ahh, thank you both!

I was hoping for some kind of in-depth breakdown like the "Icy-Veins" breakdown of WoW raids (full ability descriptions, maps, multiple player views of kill videos), but I guess I can just slum it through the Youtube world for videos too!

Now I just need to bum a Gorgon chest point from someone for my other two characters. Anyone going to be online around noon Eastern Time?

TP-DK

It feels cheap that Taniks goes immune after certain health bar percentages before the final room though. I could have killed that dude with my Plan C at the start of the strike otherwise.

We actually killed him before the final room, but he just respawns with the health he would have had immune.

noomi

The Destiny app got updated last night but it looks exactly the same... I don;t even see the triumphs section anywhere....

If you joined anytime between that post and this one, sorry, I was away from my PS4 trying to prepare a bowl of cereal. I'm ready now.

Prepare a bowl of cereal? Prepare?

Prepare makes it sound like you were making roasted duck breast or something.

I don't know why that sounds so funny to me. I just woke up, whatever.

LiK

^^^ nope.

If you joined anytime between that post and this one, sorry, I was away from my PS4 trying to prepare a bowl of cereal. I'm ready now.

Your posts reminds me that Destiny should have an Away status option in the friend list. BASIC shit.

Namikaze1

Well shit. Either the headphone jack in the ds4 is fucked or the that cheap shit Sony packed in is fucked. Wouldn't know since I mostly use my gold set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom