• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

I suspect that Varicks is now on repeat and if he hasn't sold it yet then he never will and your only option is to roll a judgements chance.

So no sniper without a judgements chance RNG roll.

Anyone have a record of what Varicks has sold each week anywhere?

Morning DGAF!

3xs NF got me two legendary machines guns and a 365 Universal Remote. I shared the machine guns and the old 300 remote in my vault.

I grabbed my remaining gold chests, go to check the website this morning, and of course it's down...

Lombax

Banned
Just out of curiosity all the achievements listed under "MOMENTS OF TRIUMPH" are those achievable with the base game?

They seems daunting (to a new player), and I don't understand what half of them mean!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ahh, thank you both!

I was hoping for some kind of in-depth breakdown like the "Icy-Veins" breakdown of WoW raids (full ability descriptions, maps, multiple player views of kill videos), but I guess I can just slum it through the Youtube world for videos too!

Now I just need to bum a Gorgon chest point from someone for my other two characters. Anyone going to be online around noon Eastern Time?
Honestly, the raid isn't complicated enough to require that kind of breakdown. If you're not running the sword, you're literally just standing there shooting rockets at the big giant Knight-looking guy with the long yellow health bar. If you're level 34, you don't even need to worry about dying at that point. lol

Lnkn52

Just out of curiosity all the achievements listed under "MOMENTS OF TRIUMPH" are those achievable with the base game?

They seems daunting (to a new player), and I don't understand what half of them mean!

Nope, you need all the expansions to complete these tasks. Defeating the end game of both expansions are required (Crota HM and Skolas from PoE are one of them).

RetroMG

No, they require the two expansion packs.

EDIT: Beaten

Namikaze1

Shit. Can't find the cable to connect my gold set to my ds4 while it charges. Thing is dead and the charge cable isn't long enough.

3 of them are to "Complete the Story missions" attached to Vanilla, Dark Below, and House of Wolves.

3 of them are to "Complete the Hard Raid/Arena" attached to Vanilla, Dark Below, and House of Wolves.

Crucible wins is Vanilla
Gold Chests is Vanilla
Level 20 is Vanilla
Public events is Vanilla

Prepare a bowl of cereal? Prepare?

Prepare makes it sound like you were making roasted duck breast or something.

I don't know why that sounds so funny to me. I just woke up, whatever.

Might be funny for you if all you eat are froot loops :p

My cereal bowl consists of 3 different types of nuts, 4 different cereals, etc etc...takes a couple of minutes to prepare :)

noomi

Click on your name in the app and there's a button for it on the next screen. But I'm still not talking to you.

<3

Man, they really hid it in there, I would have never thought to look in that area....

You will need both xpacs to complete the triumphs, most are pretty easy to get, you should have enough time to get it all done :)

I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about the thread at Reddit that claimed it and then when I tried it, I got stomped.

eh, GK on hard is one shot with Nighthawk. I've done it every time I'm on my hunter.

and this was even before the reddit thing came out, cause I had nighthawk the same day HoW came out.

Woo! A purple chest piece dropped and kicked me up to lv 28. Bit of a shame that it's a chest piece, since all my exotic armors are chest pieces, but oh well.

Should I keep grinding those vanguard marks to buy more gear or would I be better off doing lv 28 PoE to gear up?

SkylineRKR

Here are all the categories of impact in the game :

Prudence II and similar : 13
Praedyth revenge : 16
Patience and Time :22
LDR : 31
Black Hammer :37.

I just can't put Patience and Time in the same category of Prudence (low), it got such a massive difference in damage, so yes, I guess I consider Black Hammer and Efidreet on the "Very High" class.

If an even higher impact sniper is coming in September, I'll consider LDR like snipers in the medium range.

EDIT : Ocean beat me to it, and explained it better ^^

Is that with Aggressive ballistics? I feel PT does quite a bit more dmg than Praedyth. I wouldn't call it a low impact sniper as well.

PT is just very solid, great stability and ROF and enough impact still. I used to murder Atheon with it, more DPS than IB in the end.

Kyoufu

Woo! A purple chest piece dropped and kicked me up to lv 28. Bit of a shame that it's a chest piece, since all my exotic armors are chest pieces, but oh well.

Should I keep grinding those vanguard marks to buy more gear or would I be better off doing lv 28 PoE to gear up?

28 PoE offers nothing in the way of gear, just weapons.

Keep doing Vanguard Dragon strikes for marks and potential legendary engrams.

Arrrammis

I'd keep grinding marks, I don't think you get armor or anything from PoE 28 compared to a dragon strike, which seems to have a very high drop rate for legendaries and exotics.

Shito

If you have a key, run at least one PoE 28: the big chest gives a guaranteed exotic the first time you open it.

PuMa

Here are all the categories of impact in the game :

Prudence II and similar : 13
Praedyth revenge : 16
Patience and Time :22
LDR : 31
Black Hammer :37.

I just can't put Patience and Time in the same category of Prudence (low), it got such a massive difference in damage, so yes, I guess I consider Black Hammer and Efidreet on the "Very High" class.

If an even higher impact sniper is coming in September, I'll consider LDR like snipers in the medium range.

EDIT : Ocean beat me to it, and explained it better ^^

There's an even lower impact tier. Subtle Nudge has 10 impact.

Since you're 28 now, dragon strikes will offer you better rewards.

Do the weekly to get some strange coins, and 28 prison for coins/motes. Xur will arrive on friday and you can buy exotic items from him, hopefully he will sell a non-chest exotic for your class, that should bump you up to 29 or 30.

Plenty of people are still doing nightfalls, you will be eligible as soon as you get to 29...so make that your top priority.

If you have a key, run at least one PoE 28: the big chest gives a guaranteed exotic the first time you open it.

Also this if you haven't done it already. You can get a guaranteed treasure key by doing a queens bounty.

Axoman

After 10 months I finally got my first Icebreaker to drop, only to have a second one drop about 30 minutes later during a Crota run. Had it not been for Xur, I never would have gotten one.

I think Icebreaker was the last vanilla exotic that had never dropped for me until last night.

ocean

Banned
The Destiny app got updated last night but it looks exactly the same... I don;t even see the triumphs section anywhere....
On iOS: just above the character swipe pane there should be your Bungie ID / ID#. Click that and you'll be taken to your Profile, where you can select Moments of Triumph.

Kyoufu

Speaking of keys and bounties, is it me or do you sometimes not get a guaranteed key for your first bounty of the week? Or am I missing something?

POE 28 and Dragon strikes drop Vanguard armor now, as of HoW. I've gotten a bunch of it.

Interesting. I've only ever seen weapons from there. So does it share Dragon's loot table?

eh, GK on hard is one shot with Nighthawk. I've done it every time I'm on my hunter.

and this was even before the reddit thing came out, cause I had nighthawk the same day HoW came out.
That's strange because my Nighthawk shot only took half his health. Same with Deathsinger on normal. Are there any perks that make a difference?

28 PoE offers nothing in the way of gear, just weapons.

Keep doing Vanguard Dragon strikes for marks and potential legendary engrams.

I'd keep grinding marks, I don't think you get armor or anything from PoE 28 compared to a dragon strike, which seems to have a very high drop rate for legendaries and exotics.

Since you're 28 now, dragon strikes will offer you better rewards.

Do the weekly to get some strange coins, and 28 prison for coins/motes. Xur will arrive on friday and you can buy exotic items from him, hopefully he will sell a non-chest exotic for your class, that should bump you up to 29 or 30.

Plenty of people are still doing nightfalls, you will be eligible as soon as you get to 29...so make that your top priority.

Also this if you haven't done it already. You can get a guaranteed treasure key by doing a queens bounty.

Thanks for the tip, guys. Guess I'll keep on grinding those marks after work tomorrow.

Speaking of strikes, I did one of the new ones tonight (not sure what it's called, but it's the Unlimited Vex Works one which ends in a fight with a giant floating thing with shields), and holy shit, it was way harder than any of the vanilla strikes.

Trakan

Speaking of keys and bounties, is it me or do you sometimes not get a guaranteed key for your first bounty of the week? Or am I missing something?

Interesting. I've only ever seen weapons from there. So does it share Dragon's loot table?

Yep, and you get Vanguard rep for finishing it.

Thanks for the tip, guys. Guess I'll keep on grinding those marks after work tomorrow.

Speaking of strikes, I did one of the new ones tonight (not sure what it's called, but it's the Unlimited Vex Works one which ends in a fight with a giant floating thing with shields), and holy shit, it was way harder than any of the vanilla strikes.
If you can find some friends who don't mind getting stomped or a bunch of free coins, armor drops from Trials of Osiris at a fairly high rate. Just join up and give the other team some free wins.

Trying to finalize the newbie VoG raid planned for this weekend, 1 spot is still available so all newcomers, first timers and inexperienced raiders are welcome.

Normal Vault of Glass - this weekend. Raid starts at level 26 but minimum level to enter is 23. However, to be effective, level 25+ is preferred.

No gear requirements, bring your blues and greens if that's all you have.

Depending on time, we can also do a normal Crota's End raid afterwards, minimum level to enter is 27 though since it's a level 30 raid.

Our raiders:

1. GorgonJr. (PSN: ruthlesbarbarian) - Available all weekend GMT +10

2. Apple Season (PSN: figaliz) - Friday: 18:00 to 1:00 / Saturday: 15:00 to 3:00 /
Sundays: 17:00 to 21:00 GMT+1

3. Kurumi (PSN: XxNinjaAyanexX) -

4. SolicitorPirate (PSN: SolicitorPirate) - Saturday all day, Sunday 8AM-12PM GMT+10

5. stlobus (PSN: lobus) - Saturday all day, Friday & Sunday 5PM onward GMT -4

6. kiguel182 (PSN: kiguel183 ) - Friday/Sunday night GMT +1

ALT: Darth Chocula (PSN: Cedricknave)

DrDrizzay101 aka Vault lore keeper will fill in if we don't have a 6th newbie raider.

Exact time and day will be decided soon, as soon as we fill up and everyone can post their availability.

The sherpa(s) will not instruct the newbies in the ways of the vault, they will learn and discover (and die a lot) on their own. It will be glorious!

Quoting again, still have 1 spot available for newbie raids.

ocean

Banned

Prison of Elders at level 28 gives you the same Vanguard Marks and Vanguard reputation as a Dragon Strike, along with engram rewards of the same tier.

PoE 28 has the benefit of giving you everything the Dragon Playlist gives you + the chance for a Treasure Key (which can give you super good Queen's weapons).

Switch up between them to keep things fresh but PoE 28 is a great way to progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom