• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the rare case the Tripmine actually sticks to your body though you're so dead :p

I love tripmines.

8lHpARr.gif

This was the last straw for that guy and he rage quit lol.

Lombax

Banned
apologies for all the basic questions today all, but just one more.

In terms of DPS is Warlock or Hunter the best option? I honestly can't find a solid answer in the searching around I have done.

More looking for opinions from Hunters and Warlocks out there and their experiences in game thus far.

I am playing as a Warlock now (level 7)

Thank you.

LTWood12

I suspect that Varicks is now on repeat and if he hasn't sold it yet then he never will and your only option is to roll a judgements chance.

So no sniper without a judgements chance RNG roll.

Anyone have a record of what Varicks has sold each week anywhere?

Why are you thinking this is the case? This is the first week he's sold the Rocket Launcher isn't it?

In terms of DPS is Warlock or Hunter the best option? I honestly can't find a solid answer in the searching around I have done.

More looking for opinions from Hunters and Warlocks out there and their experiences in game thus far.

Thank you.

Hunter - Gunslinger
Titan - Defender
Warlock - Voidwalker

There is no DPS class in the game, depends on how you play and what abilities/weapons you like to use.

ocean

Banned
What armor drops from it? Trials gear?
There are two sets of Trials armor. The Exile set is available as a reward when you get at least 5 wins on a ticket. 42 Light straight off the bat and looks freaking amazing.

Whether you win or lose, there's a (fairly decent) chance of getting armor two drop for another set called Watcher. 36 Light to start with (you'd need Etheric Light to bump it to 32), not amazing looking shaderless but fixable. Random perks and stats means they can suck hard or be excellent.

If you're low level and patient, playing 10ish matches (high chance of losing them all because of level disadvantages) can be effective I guess, but doesn't sound too fun. Then again, neither is grinding marks :p

The only way I can imagine gearing up is with normal Crucible. I can still do decently and at 6 marks per win a Chest or Boots or whatever is just a dozen matches.

Thank you.

If I understood your question right, DPS considers the weapon you're using. Since every class can use every weapon, there's no difference in DPS.

Tripmines are sticky grenades with attitude. Loved sticking people with it in Trials.

I always aim for walls.

phen0m24

Was that recently? I apologise.
DJ told me I didn't need to ask you if you've made a video of soloing the gatekeepers because they exist on YouTube.

But I gave him reasons why yours would be better, basically because of capes and Nami-berating, both of which are awesome

Sorry Nami :p

Nuszka

Currently looking at my dad playing far cry 4 , think he completed it like 6 times now. Seems like a fun game, what's the opinion here?

DJ told me I didn't need to ask you if you've made a video of soloing the gatekeepers because they exist on YouTube.

But I gave him reasons why yours would be better, basically because of capes and Nami-berating, both of which are awesome

Sorry Nami :p

Haha no I don't think I do I have a video, actually. I can save one next time. Pretty much just involves shooting Gjallarhorn. Golden Gun works really well, too, though.

stlobus

Quoting again, still have 1-2 spots available for newbie raids.

I've never been on one of the raids. I'm interested if there's still a spot. I promise my lack of skill will provide a lot of amusement.

PSN: lobus

Thanks!

Edit: Should mention I'm available anytime Friday after 5 PM EDT, all day Saturday, and anytime Sunday after 4 PM EDT.

Jumping into the game in a few minutes. I don't have a plan, although I can help if people are needed for PvE stuff (Playing Trials with me is like playing with one less in the team) I can join or help. Just that I will have to go AFK when The washing machine finishes.

SonComet

I have yet to play against any Gaffers in PVP.
Me either. The only "famous" person I've ever run into in PVP is an admin from Datto's clan. He and his team totally wrecked my team in trials. So it was super satisfying to out score him for a few games in control :p.

I think it was right before HOW, when everyone was playing salvage for the new weapon drops. You were even nice enough to post a screenshot of the aftermath, lol.

Ooooh yeah, I remember now lol. Didn't remember your PSN name.

I felt like I could have played better that match tbh. :p

Edit:

CFVcl2tUIAAk8f5.jpg

Wicked carrying.

Arrrammis

Currently looking at my dad playing far cry 4 , think he completed it like 6 times now. Seems like a fun game, what's the opinion here?
Pretty great game, lots of exploring and collectables, plus if you get a friend online, playing 2 player is an absolute blast. Something about hunting elephants from a small helicopter using grenade launchers and molotovs is just so fun.

phen0m24

Haha no I don't think I do I have a video, actually. I can save one next time. Pretty much just involves shooting Gjallarhorn. Golden Gun works really well, too, though.

DJ talked about the Nighthawk and other scenarios that may or may not have involved Macello. Lol

Basically I watch Josh play and think "The world needs Fig instructional videos."

Brought to you by: Nami's cereal - it's in preparation

I've never been on one of the raids. I'm interested if there's still a spot. I promise my lack of skill will provide a lot of amusement.

PSN: lobus

Thanks!

Edit: Should mention I'm available anytime Friday after 5 PM EDT, all day Saturday, and anytime Sunday after 4 PM EDT.

Great, you're more than welcome. Added you to the list.

Send me a FR on PSN: ruthlesbarbarian

We'll finalize the exact day and time soon...good to know you're available most of the weekend.

th3dude

I finally leveled my Thorn enough that it does the damage over time.

Took it into the Crucible.

And liked it.....

I am now part of the problem....

DJ talked about the Nighthawk and other scenarios that may or may not have involved Macello. Lol

Basically I watch Josh play and think "The world needs Fig instructional videos."

I don't have a Nighthawk, but 4 shots works just as well. ;)

My instruction for soloing Gatekeepers is shoot the big guy and don't get killed by the little guys.

I could hear you telling Josh in the background, "Josh, you're going to drive me to drink."

Then two seconds later, Dad had to take over the controller to show him what was up... and then we wiped in the exact same spot to the exact same enemy...

LiK

He only has the base game without any dlc , is it worth it ? He absolutely loves far cry series, so might get him some dlc for it then.

DLC has mixed reviews so I suggest watching some reviews but if he beat it 6 times, I think he might be interested in them. One of the them involves Yetis.

JP

New to this and just got to level 20 (+22) yesterday and was wondering what the best way is to proceed now that I'm level 20? Do I just do the raids? Is it worth me returning to planets to patrol them?

Hedera

Jumping into the game in a few minutes. I don't have a plan, although I can help if people are needed for PvE stuff (Playing Trials with me is like playing with one less in the team) I can join or help. Just that I will have to go AFK when The washing machine finishes.
I have one weekly left to do if you want to join. PSN: hedera_

Can you post your availability for the newbie raid, day and time? Thanks.

New to this and just got to level 20 (+22) yesterday and was wondering what the best way is to proceed now that I'm level 20? Do I just do the raids? Is it worth me returning to planets to patrol them?

You'll want to get marks so you can buy vendor gear. You're not a high enough level yet to do any of the raids. 23 is minimum for VoG Normal, but at that level you're not gonna be very effective. Try to get to 25 before attempting it or you might have a bad experience where you're dead the majority of the time. Ruth is doing a newbie raid on Sunday(?), so sign up for that.

Edit: Check here. Looks like it's just sometime this weekend.
ewwww, that could happen to us too?

Only if you start shitposting, lnkn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom