• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyun Sai

The Gaming thread of "Destiny: The Hardcore Gamer's Slot Machine - The Point" is getting ridiculous. So now, if you play Destiny, you are considered a dopamine, crack addict?
When a game is successful despite all the predictions, the logical step is to attack the players.

Always.

Namikaze1

So I got a BTR, Ill Will, Matador, that sniper, the AR, Revelator, and a Ash Factory. Is there anything else I'm missing from Crucible aside from Party Crasher? Not sure if Spare Change is a Crucible drop. Got one but can't remember where I got it from.

ocean

Banned
TLW for life!

I can't use anything else in PvP
Yeah it's the only weapon I use in Crucible too. I like Hawkmoon better but ultimately performance counts and TLW is what j do best with.

I'vE racked up around 20k kills in the Crucible. Exactly 26 of them have been with Pulse Rifles. I can't convey how bad I hate using that weapon class, can't stand it. If the mets ever gives PRs too big an advantage I might have to stop playing Crucible. In the meantime, HC love is real.

PuMa

Anyone of you magnificent people up for Prison of Elders om 35?

It would interest me what people who have both Thorn and The Last Word perfer overall

I have both, but I still prefer TLW. I use a sniper for long range though. I feel like most Thorn users go with a Shotgun
and probably Blink a lot because they are jerks ;-p

LiK

yep. That's what I do as well. I would like to use red death more but I still get beat by thorn before the health regen kicks in.

I am currently trying to max out the Red Death. That health regen seems super useful. I wanna use that with my Warlock with Ram helm. I wanna be that guy.

Fridays: 18:00 to 1:00
Saturdays: 15:00 to 3:00
Sundays: 17:00 to 21:00

GMT+1, unless something takes priority (I don't exaclty have a great social life, so it always takes full priority.

Midweek I can't promise. Right now I am so tired that I am blacking out with the gamepad slipping of my hands. Just did the lvl 26 heroic strike and I barely knew what I was doing. Midweek is a problem between time available and being too tired after work.

It was planned for the weekend itself based on your post last week.

Looks like you have the most free time on Saturday, so we'll try and set it up for then.

noomi

So I got a BTR, Ill Will, Matador, that sniper, the AR, Revelator, and a Ash Factory. Is there anything else I'm missing from Crucible aside from Party Crasher? Not sure if Spare Change is a Crucible drop. Got one but can't remember where I got it from.

Nah you're pretty much set. I think Spare Change is from crucible.

I've had ash factory and hopscotch pilgrim both drop at one point and I was too quick to dismantle them :( What have I done?

It is a Crucible drop. Isn't there another rocket launcher that's pretty rare?

ocean

Banned
It is a Crucible drop. Isn't there another rocket launcher that's pretty rare?
The Ash Factory is the only dropped RL i'm aware of. Well the Queen's RL too but that's another thing. I'm so happy I finally got the roll I wanted on my Factory, it looks great :)

I dont understand this. I thinks its pretty natural for a COMMUNITY that has grown accustomed to each other and become friends to have non-game friendly conversations with each other. It doesn't stop people talking about the game. It was all we had after bloodbourne released and Destiny OT was on life support.

Well, it got wayyyyyyy off topic for about a page's worth (
blame Fracas :p
), but then we righted the ship. But even after it was back on course, we still got sent to Off Topic, and even though we stayed on topic in Off Topic, we got locked anyway loll.

TLW is awesome but doesn't really feel like a Hand Cannon. And while Thorn is super effective, there's a certain jank to its feel. Hawkmoon is the most satisfying to shoot weapon in the game for me.

It has that sweet spot Fatebringer-level RoF, but hits for Ill Will/Timur's Lash damage. Recoil is extremely easy to predict and correct for. Best sights in the game, getting head shots is a breeze. And then those 2-shots...

Great.... Now I'm even more hyped!

The Gaming thread of "Destiny: The Hardcore Gamer's Slot Machine - The Point" is getting ridiculous. So now, if you play Destiny, you are considered a dopamine, crack addict?

The argument is ridiculous, and the debate over it is even more ridiculous because it boils down to one simple fact: Destiny is damn fun to play.

Namikaze1

Fig, I will need your honest opinion of this vid I'm uploading. Need to know where I have to improve and shit. Would ask Zoba but he's not here.

noomi

Ugh.... I have a treasure key... and I kind of want to use it....

Maybe... I'll do one Skolas run when I get home.

Any interest for this around 3:30PM EST?

Yeah it's the only weapon I use in Crucible too. I like Hawkmoon better but ultimately performance counts and TLW is what j do best with.

I'vE racked up around 20k kills in the Crucible. Exactly 26 of them have been with Pulse Rifles. I can't convey how bad I hate using that weapon class, can't stand it. If the mets ever gives PRs too big an advantage I might have to stop playing Crucible. In the meantime, HC love is real.

35,391 kills in Crucible.

9 with a Pulse Rifle lol.

I still feel like the golden gun is a little weak in PvE, and we all know that the bladedancer super is nearly useless in PvE.

The only reason I ever really use the bladedancer super in PvE is to be able to force invis for a while longer, but as far as damage goes.... it sucks :/

yup, cant wait for the bow so that the hunter feels less like a lone wolf and more part of the cohesive unit member for high level content. The hunter was a wrecking ball in CE, but it really didnt have anything to do with helping the team. it was still lone wolf strategy either running sword or invis through the abyss. Its pretty helpful in POE also but mostly after someone already died. it doesn't help keep the team alive to begin with. Either way. the hunter is fun to play.

Fig, I will need your honest opinion of this vid I'm uploading. Need to know where I have to improve and shit. Would ask Zoba but he's not here.

I'll try.

The Ash Factory is the only dropped RL i'm aware of. Well the Queen's RL too but that's another thing. I'm so happy I finally got the roll I wanted on my Factory, it looks great :)

I'm almost certain there's a blue rocket launcher that drops in Crucible.
I got a Wastelander V2V with the god roll.

Could be that one.

noomi

yup, cant wait for the bow so that the hunter feels less like a lone wolf and more part of the cohesive unit member for high level content. The hunter was a wrecking ball in CE, but it really didnt have anything to do with helping the team. it was still lone wolf strategy either running sword or invis through the abyss. Its pretty helpful in POE also but mostly after someone already died. it doesn't help keep the team alive to begin with. Either way. the hunter is fun to play.

I'm pretty excited for the new hunter abilities as well, I just hope that we will be a decent support class and the new moves/abilities will be useful for raid encounters and pvp as well.

I'm also super excited for the golden hammer haha, ended up deleting one of my 3 hunters and made a titan for to be able to use it :p

Ok, so after all the comments about it in this thread and the fact that I feel like I die to it more than to Thorn, I'm gonna start using The Last Word. I'll have to practice a lot though, never felt right for me like Hawkmoon.

What's the recommended setup for The Last Word? Should I just forget autofire and squeeze the trigger for each shot?

LiK

Ash Factory was the first weapon that took me lots of rerolls to get the right perks. Not sure why I bothered since I have Tomorrow's Answer.

Namikaze1

Well shit. I dismantled the Spare Change last week. Eh whatever. I got a Messenger. Will do till I get Hopscotch or whatever it's called.

Ok, so after all the comments about it in this thread and the fact that I feel like I die to it more than to Thorn, I'm gonna start using The Last Word. I'll have to practice a lot though, never felt right for me like Hawkmoon.

What's the recommended setup for The Last Word? Should I just forget autofire and squeeze the trigger for each shot?

Aggressive Ballistics/Perfect Balance

Auto-fire from the hip if someone is running at you. Don't auto-fire if they're far away. You kinda just have to get the feel for it and learn when it's best to do what. It'll come to you.

noomi

Ash Factory was the first weapon that took me lots of rerolls to get the right perks. Not sure why I bothered since I have Tomorrow's Answer.

That's why I dismantled mine :/ I figured I already have tomorrows answer and it's pretty sweet.... why bother?

Now I want the ash factory...

You sound like you need a nap.

That happened to me and Todd once when we were playing Skirmish. Thankfully, we won.

More like I need a post-lunch cup of coffee, TBH. I am mixing lack of sleep with digesting food right now. Summer heat wave insomnia, sadly. Another reason I won't do PvP before bedtime is that I can't get any sleep later with the adrenaline still flowing. On weekends I am fully recharged, at least.

Also no energy drinks... On diet :(

I'm going to keep doing the House of Wolves Storyline. Right now my priority should be to opeby Prison of Elders.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I thought so to. But to say that Destiny is the ONLY game at fault on hooking it's players is kinda BS. And who's to say that no one else is going to follow suit. Look at The Division.
The video didn't actually say that, right? More like Destiny was the more "egregious" instance of it or something
OHK is glorious. But found verdict is so much better with the shotgun buff. If only Bungie had not screwed up FR's so bad. I used to love using them.
Man I really feel like the nerf hit other people harder than it hit me somehow. Damage wasn't touched; the spread only affected shots from ranges that FRs really shouldn't have been killing people in one hit. I guess it could've been PvP only though. Anyway there's a ton of variance in spreads between different rifles. Give/Take Equation has a ridiculously tight spread to this day.

Seems to me like the combo of the shotgun PvE buff (which happened at the same time as the spread nerf) and widespread easy availability of the crazy-tier shotguns in PvP affected their role waaaay more than the spread nerf itself did. I really believe people just underestimate their effectiveness in light of the fact that shotguns are obviously much more effective from close range; but Destiny pushes the absolute limits of what could be considered "close range" for a shotgun. I'm really not sure a buff to FRs would be appropriate, at least not before a shotgun range nerf on its own and something to dull Blink + Shotgun.

ocean

Banned

There's a time for each but unless it's super close quarters and you need to counter a shotgun firing manually generally works better. You'd be surprised the range you can get out of that gun if you squeeze manually.

RetroMG

Can someone Taken-ify my Alton Brown avatar? I've been keeping it normal while I've been playing Mafia in OT Community, but since I'm about done with that game, I want to have one where Alton has "Ascended."

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dismantle mines... or die.

Come on, how satisfying is meleeing the mine itself to reup invis from Escape Artist?

Still, it is sort of still the same lone wolf utility so I definitely get what you're saying. It'll be awesome to blind some stuff from one angle, call out a big target and fire off a bow shot to get the team to focus fire on it.

Lnkn52

The video didn't actually say that, right? More like Destiny was the more "egregious" instance of it or something

No, but I was going based on the opinions of those in the thread. To some, it feels like Bungie should be arrested for manipulating people into buying and playing their game.

205045_600.gif

Trakan

The Warlock is the same way, really. They hold their supers as an ace in the hole rather than use Radiance as a team buff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom