• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep forgetting to upload my game with recks and noomi where we were 1 win away from Mercury and down 3-4 in the final boss without our mercy boon. Hopefully I remember tonight

Aggressive Ballistics/Perfect Balance

Auto-fire from the hip if someone is running at you. Don't auto-fire if they're far away. You kinda just have to get the feel for it and learn when it's best to do what. It'll come to you.

There's a time for each but unless it's super close quarters and you need to counter a shotgun firing manually generally works better. You'd be surprised the range you can get out of that gun if you squeeze manually.

Thanks Fig and Javier, I'll keep it in mind. Range is the one thing that really worries me about that gun. Just one more question, you recommend practicing in PvE a bit first or just jump into PvP?

Thanks Fig and Javier, I'll keep it in mind. Range is the one thing that really worries me about that gun. Just one more question, you recommend practicing in PvE a bit first or just jump into PvP?

Yeah, if you just want to get a feel for it practice in patrol for a bit. It'll give you a good idea of the kind of range it has.

Kal_El

I've been ghost hunting this morning and honestly how are they expecting you to find these without looking it up. Some of them are in the most obscure places. Grim score is 3355 as of now and I have the ghost trophy.

I've been ghost hunting this morning and honestly how are they expecting you to find these without looking it up. Some of them are in the most obscure places. Grim score is 3355 as of now and I have the ghost trophy.

You could say that about collectibles in most games really. :p

Namikaze1

You could say that about collectibles in most games really. :p
Ubisoft's games... assassin's creed's feathers...

The nightmares!

I recall this dream where I was going around as Ezio. The dream quickly turned into a nightmare when I saw that fucking feather. Don't remember what compelled me to go after the shit. Every time I got close, it slipped away. Fuck that.

Nuszka

Ok,think I'm getting destiny withdrawal effects, remote play is not good enough. Think I need to open a bottle of something strong, alcohol might be the best solution here.

Anyone here have Elder Scrolls Online? How is it?

I watched loads if twitch streams because I wanted to get into TeS, but it turns out it doesn't really play like them and ended up looking sorta boring.

I'm not a fan of the combat either cause it's like Xenoblade where the attacks register not on your weapon physically touching the enemy, but your proximity to the enemy.

I don't hate that kind of combat (I LOVE xenoblade) but it doesn't look very engaging for elder scrolls.

I suppose if you like other MMOs you'll like it.

Thanks Ikkarus for joining the search for the Hopscotch Pilgrim all day. Strikes can be pretty fun with 2 Titans wearing Peregrine Greaves and shoulder charging every single enemy :p

iberaider

Neo Member

I think the point it community collaboration. You're supposed to use other peoples hard work.

I did those. I used IGN's guide for them. Made sure to get them before completing the main story too.

I'm about 70 % through the main story. Stopped there to do all of the side quests and missions before I go any further.

That's fucked up.

It's cruel and unusual. Feels like a damn chore lol.

This is why I didn't like City and won't touch Knight. That sandbox is pointless.

Knight is one of the smallest open world games I've played in some time. It's gorgeous, but super tiny. It's a very limited sandbox, agreed.

Dismantle mines... or die.

Come on, how satisfying is meleeing the mine itself to reup invis from Escape Artist?

Still, it is sort of still the same lone wolf utility so I definitely get what you're saying. It'll be awesome to blind some stuff from one angle, call out a big target and fire off a bow shot to get the team to focus fire on it.

The Warlock is the same way, really. They hold their supers as an ace in the hole rather than use Radiance as a team buff.

great points. dismantling mines is a serious pain in the butt without invis, and the self-reviving warlock is kind of the ace in the hole. while radiance is active it does help the team though while helping buff their supers and then create a crap ton of orbs. bladedancers pretty much create no orbs. all the classes have thier uses in end game activity.
I think PoE is great for one good reason. it matters if you have one of each class.

I watched loads if twitch streams because I wanted to get into TeS, but it turns out it doesn't really play like them and ended up looking sorta boring.

I'm not a fan of the combat either cause it's like Xenoblade where the attacks register not on your weapon physically touching the enemy, but your proximity to the enemy.

I don't hate that kind of combat (I LOVE xenoblade) but it doesn't look very engaging for elder scrolls.

I suppose if you like other MMOs you'll like it.

where's skyrim 2 tho

Agent

I'd like to think I don't care about Grimoire score...but I also have nothing else to really go for in this game so why not. I have almost all exotics (damn you Purifier Robes, Celestial Nighthawk, and Bones of Eao).

I need to play more Salvage, only 65 wins away from maxing that one. Then only thing left is Rumble, which I absolutely am not a fan of. At some point i'll suck it up and start playing it.

1wMvwqz.jpg

LiK

243 Riddler Collectibles in Arkham Knight... Which are needed to be picked up in order to get the best ending to the actual game....

Use a guide and listen to a podcast. I'm almost done. Some of the Riddler reactions when you solve them are pretty hilarious.

I completed all the Riddler stuff in the previous games and getting that asshole is always satisfying.

Ikkarus

Thanks Ikkarus for joining the search for the Hopscotch Pilgrim all day. Strikes can be pretty fun with 2 Titans wearing Peregrine Greaves and shoulder charging every single enemy :p
Not a problem! It was a blast working with you EJ. Just a shame neither of us got the Hopscotch to drop, we must of done about 25-30 Dragon runs. :(

Use a guide and listen to a podcast. I'm almost done. Some of the Riddler reactions when you solve them are pretty hilarious.

I completed all the Riddler stuff in the previous games and getting that asshole is always satisfying.

Oh I am... But it still sucks and is absolutely ridiculous as an end-game requirement for "the best ending".

Fuck, now I want to play Skyrim.

I can't wait for it to come to the Xbone via backwards compatibility. :3

LiK

Oh I am... But it still sucks and is absolutely ridiculous as a end-game requirement.

I can't wait for it to come to the Xbone via backwards compatibility. :3

True. I guess Rocksteady wanted people to really work for it since it's their last Arkham game. I don't mind. It'll be the last time we deal with Riddler.

Namikaze1

I'm about 70 % through the main story. Stopped there to do all of the side quests and missions before I go any further.

It's cruel and unusual. Feels like a damn chore lol.

Knight is one of the smallest open world games I've played in some time. It's gorgeous, but super tiny. It's a very limited sandbox, agreed.

I did the same. Though I really wanted to just shut him up in Arkham Knight.

Fuck, now I want to play Skyrim.
I wish my PC was good enough to run it with mods. Vanilla Skyrim sucks balls. :(

Namikaze1

Wow, never thought to use Fist of Havoc like Bladedancer's Razor Edge. Will turn on Shockwave and give it a try.

How many was that you got???
4. Thought it was 5 but that was because I mistook "Namikaze1 is on a 10-kill streak" for a kill. It popped between two names.

True. I guess Rocksteady wanted people to really work for it since it's their last Arkham game. I don't mind. It'll be the last time we deal with Riddler.

I did the same. Though I really wanted to just shut him up in Arkham Knight.

I wish my PC was good enough to run it with mods. Vanilla Skyrim sucks balls. :(

My roommate watches me play Arkham Knight and he keeps asking why the developers allowed such an annoying character to have such a prominent role loll

blackjaw

Anyone here have Elder Scrolls Online? How is it?

I have it, about two dozen hours in so far...only level 13. The game is huge.

Feels like Skyrim...99% of stuff is soloable...dungeons are like strikes, really fun for 4 players and quick (good loot too).

I like doing the stories and seeing everyone helping each other on kills, really fun.

I really enjoy the game but i love elder scrolls lore and world.

I had never played a Dark Souls game before playing Skyrim. Now after playing the Souls series, I find the combat in Skyrim to be incredibly bland.

I just like being a sneaky archer. I can't do that in Souls or Bloodborne. :3

One of the reason I can't wait for Nightstalker.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Praedyth's Timepiece is a lot of fun in PvP. It shoots so fast and has solid perks. I find it's usable in PvE too with speed reload (the stability doesn't really matter as much for PvE). All hail the new pulse rifle meta!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom